Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just heard on ESPN's 1st & 10

jrfriedm

I kinda think everyone needs to re-evaluate your expectations for the Skins in 2009. Like it or not, this will be a rebuilding year. Campbell is learning a new offense again, so we're probably going to struggle. The Front Office is clearly building for 2010 or even 2011, when one can reasonably expect Campbell to start to show mastery of the WCO.

It is true that this is a rebuilding year, which puts us in probably the worst starting position of our division. There are plenty of obstacles in our way, but this team has plenty of potential as well. This is another one of those years where I won't be surprised with a 5-11 record, or if we finish 11-5.

Worst in the division? Arguable. On paper, both the Giants and the Cowboys have us beat, but the Eagles have their own little nightmares to deal with in Philly. Worst in the league? Not even in the ball park.

really?

worst team in the league?

I didnt realize we were such a bad team considering we made the playoffs. How in the hell are we the worst team in the div even if Philly doesnt make the playoffs yet we do?

Remember though, all the media hate last year kept us warm inside and we were able to use that against them..

I was listening to 1st & 10 just now, durring "second" down they were talking about who had the easier schedule the Pats or the Gnats, Skip said that the Midgets had the easier opening schedule because "they open against Washington who is not only the worst team in the division, but probably in the league right now". He then went on to down play St. Louis and other teams, but came back to say that the Midgets had the much easier week 1.

I hate Skip, and I don't think he knows :pooh: about :pooh: but God I would for somebody to permantly shut him up.

How do you guys feel about him saying this about the Redskins?

Uh, yeah, Skip Bayless is the worst commentator/analsyst ever. Where have you been? If you made a career of arguing the opposite of bayless, you would be the most heralded sportscaster out there. It sounds like he doesn't know much about this stuff, but that is kind of hard to believe since he works at ESPN.

I would say we are the worse in the Division. How you measure worse is up to you but I'm talking about being a legit Super Bowl contender.

Where would you like for me to start? Okay just for starters I'd say we make too many mental mistakes...just for starters and there are examples through out the last 5 years, okay we can write off 0-6, but its a bunch of stuff. I would say we're neck and neck with Dallas and there's definetly work to do.

I'm not just talking draft, I'm talking total team concept. As far as players, our interior line play (both sides) doesn't even compare to Phillys and that's just a start....way before you even get to interior line we have issues. Front office and everything...it's a lot of bad then good right now. But that's why they call it fan...you have to be fanatic and be a die hard. But no! We aren't the best.

Skip's the type of guy that says ridiculous stuff which generates a lot of emails calling him a moron - then thinks he's the most popular commentator on ESPN because he gets the most fan mail. Since all televisions come with remote controls, I see no reason that anyone would watch him.

I was listening to 1st & 10 just now, durring "second" down they were talking about who had the easier schedule the Pats or the Gnats, Skip said that the Midgets had the easier opening schedule because "they open against Washington who is not only the worst team in the division, but probably in the league right now". He then went on to down play St. Louis and other teams, but came back to say that the Midgets had the much easier week 1.

I hate Skip, and I don't think he knows :pooh: about :pooh: but God I would for somebody to permantly shut him up.

How do you guys feel about him saying this about the Redskins?

Coming from the guy that says Lebron James isn't good? That hurts.

Okay, better question what makes us so good and why do we beat the Giants Sep 4? I think we lose Sep 4 and have problems on Sep 11th. Right now nothing points to the opposite.

What skill positions are we drafting to have an immediate impact? By-the-way Rogers and maybe Smoot getting hurt every play are not our only issues at corner. Matter of fact Smoot is our brightes spot. HC change? Well, we had a HOF coach get handed an L twice in the play offs and now we have someone that's going to be needing some extended help? **Crickets chirping**

'Tis the way of ESPN. They are more biased than CNN is to the Democrats. IT is a bunch of crap, as usual, being dumped on us by yet again people who don't have the first clue what they are talking about.

The fact is that NO ONE knows **** about ANY team right now. For all anyone knows, Miami may win 11 games this season and the Pats may only get to .500. Do I think that is what will happen? Hell no, but the fact remains that no one knows anything about the upcoming season in April.

Yeah, I can take him saying were the worst team in the division, as far as I'm concerned that means we'd be the best team in the nfc south and in the running for the best team in the nfc west. Saying we're the worst team in football is retarded. Worst case scenario I can't see us getting the #1 overall pick next year. When did Detroit, Baltimore, Cincy, St Louis, San Fran or any team in the nfc south get better than us?

Okay, better question what makes us so good and why do we beat the Giants Sep 4? I think we lose Sep 4 and have problems on Sep 11th. Right now nothing points to the opposite.

I don't think that Sept 11th will present too many problems. I really don't know how hard Thursday practices are, but I imagine that they aren't anything that this team can't handle.

Archived