Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Caps & Nats are more exciting than 'Skins

GibbsRedskin

I'm happy the the Caps have a shot to make the playoffs

I'm also happy the Nats have new digs, which I'm looking to check out but the Redskins actually went to the playoffs last year (on one helluva a stretch run after the death of Sean).

It's the offseason so right now if you follow other DC sports, you should be more excited for the Caps, the Wizards and the Nats (even the O's I suppose). The only thing to really look forward too with the skins is the draft which is still a month away.

But consider this:

1. With the exception of Taylor all of our starters are coming back this season.

2. The WCO was the system that Campbell had the most success with at Auburn.

3. Redskins Portis playing like Broncos Portis this year? Maybe

4. We actually have a draft that matters, us football geeks actually can discuss who the Redskins MUST take with our 2nd 7th round pick b/c this move will make or break the franchise :silly:

5. We actually have a offseason where the Skins aren't blowing picks and spending enormous amounts of cap space for a former 3rd stringer that made one highlight play and doesn't even fit our system. It's nice to actually look at the Raiders and be the ones saying "What the hell were they thinking" orther than looking at the Skins and saying "What the hell were WE thinking"

So there. :helmet:

You're from GA and rooting for the nats???

Go braves.

I guess it's unheard of to be a Washington-area native and move out of the area for employment reasons? I don't just drop my teams and loyalties when I move to a new city. I guess I should be a Falcons fan too? :laugh:

How much Revenue does each generate? Yes, the third most valuable sports franchise in the entire world is really worried about two teams that couldnt be a contender if they tried.
Well now I know for sure that Daniel Snyder has cronies posting for him in this forum, because no average fan knows or cares about the REVENUE a team generates. I want WINS and a promising future, not REVENUE.

Would you trade the Redskins status as a rich sports franchise for one Super Bowl victory in the past 15 years? I certainly would.

how can you say that the caps look promising for maybe making the playoffs this year, when the skins made the playoffs last year?? I am just as excited for this season as any season ever... I look foward to seeing what Zorn can bring to this offense and Jason's game. Not really sure what you are talking about.

P.S. you left out the areas best franchise over the past 5 years, the Washington Wizards.

Yeah, thats what what I was thinking...what about the Wizards???

This guy just probably isn't that big of a football fan or doesn't know much about it. He just knows what he reads in newspapers, and I guess the media isn't making us look like a good team next year.

I don't know about you all but I get excited about all 3 of those teams. No team generates more excitement than the other , in my eyes they are all equally exciting.

The only DC team that isn't exciting is DC United , they've been perennial winners and win MLS cups but I can't be arsed to pay attention to MLS :P

This guy just probably isn't that big of a football fan or doesn't know much about it.
I have lived and breathed Redskins football for my entire 28-year existence. I attended my first game at RFK when I was 4 years old and fly to several home games (and road games) every year.

It's really ridiculous how many people in these forums claim you're not a fan if you are skeptical of the direction the franchise is going in. But most of those people are probably paid to post here by Dan Snyder anyway.

Redskins will always be number 1 in D.C. I've never been much of a baseball or basketball fan, but I am excited about the Caps...but still it's not the same. I even love soccer almost as much as I do football, but the MLS is quite a boring league, which is unfortunate. Sucks that we do have a really good team around in United and it's not that big of a deal...

Last night's Nationals game was one of the most exciting, riveting events in D.C. sports history.
Hyperbole much?

They play 162 games in baseball and 16 in football. I have never seen one great baseball game that can compare to the excitement of the most boring Redskins football game.

BTW Karl Swanson is driving to your house right now to take your NFL fan card from you.

My suggestion to you is that you DVR as many of those exciting Caps and Nats games as you can and watch them while the boring Redskins are playing in the fall.

Really, life is too short. Why subject yourself to something that you don't enjoy and is purely optional, when you have alternatives that you consider to be more appealing?

:2cents:

How exactly are the Wizards the best franchise? Yes, they made the playoffs 3 straight years, but they have won 1 out of the last 13 post-season games they've appeared in!!!

They've been to the playoffs 3 straight years...which makes them better than the nats, caps and skins (only barely). doesn't make them better than United who win a lot of championships.

I still could care less about baseball, basketball and hockey unless I'm at the game and nothing on the face of the earth could make me more excited about any of them than I am about the Redskins.

Hail!:point2sky

Its the offseason.

I care alot more about the Caps now, than I do about the Saints.

Come June/July, I'm sure your outlook will change. Hockey will seem distant and far away, like football does now. I'm sure you'll be anxious to see how Campbell does under Jim Zorn's offense.

how can anyone compare baseball, which i have a tough time labeling it a sport, too football.

I guess it is the off-season but to say that the Caps (who will miss the playoffs) and the Nats (who will have a sub .500 record) are more exciting than the Redskins....I think you are caught in the walk-off homerun moments from last night...

and dont forget the Wizards who will make the playoffs just to lose in another 1st round series AGAIN.

This is REDSKINS FOOTBALL we are talking about. You aren't excited for something new that has never been seen before? The whole new coach thing is exciting in itself.

HAIL!

Why, just because he's a new coach? Give me a break. We went from one of the greatest coaches of all-time and an enormously capable defensive coordinator to 2 guys who have never called a play in the NFL. How am I supposed to get excited about that?

Ok wait a second...you make a post on the "Official" Redskins Message Board, claiming that of all things hockey and baseball are more exciting then this boards beloved Redskins...and then get defensive when people reply in a non agreeing manner?

See where I'm going with this?

Just face it, you are obviously one of only maybe 3 people who feel this way, and the other two haven't come to your defense. Granted it's your opinion...but did you really feel this topic would be greeted with open arms?

They play 162 games in baseball and 16 in football. I have never seen one great baseball game that can compare to the excitement of the most boring Redskins football game.

As a huge fan of both football and baseball, I find that statement absolutely laughable.

Why, just because he's a new coach? Give me a break. We went from one of the greatest coaches of all-time and an enormously capable defensive coordinator to 2 guys who have never called a play in the NFL. How am I supposed to get excited about that?

Who was excited about Boudreau, someone who had never run a Pro NHL team, before he got called up?

I was there for the inaugeral game at the Nats new ballpark, and I must say this. It was absolutely fantastic. You feel like you're right on top of the action. The design is phenomenal. There are so many different food choices- Ben's Chili Bowl, Red Hot and Blue, Hard Times, rotating specialty place based on opponent city, and the standard dogs/burgers/pizza/ice cream/nachos etc. The Metro is right up the street, there is even a playground and game/Playstation area for the kids. Don't even let me get started on the video replay screen and HD scoreboards- simply stunning. There are cupholders in front of the seats, and every beer/microbrew/liquor available. I even recognized a bartender from FedEx (I don't know what that says about me lol).

The storybook ending was just the icing on the cake. I'm just a casual baseball fan, but last night got me hooked I think. It was a very good time, but not more exciting than the Skins for me (nothing can top my Skins). But I certainly understand the feeling behind the OP's viewpoint.

come on man, I know it's the offseason and people are bored, but no way in hell could past times like baseball or hockey measure up to a sport like football
So true. Hockey, baseball and the NBA playoffs are just mild amusements on the way to football season. Can't even compare it to Nicorette gum because the flavor just isn't the same, no patch, just something that might hold my attention for a week or so.

Archived