Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Caps & Nats are more exciting than 'Skins

GibbsRedskin

TV ratings alone do not constitute what the second most popular sport in the nation is. Also, with NASCAR and MLB's seasons being so drastically different in terms of the amount of events, it's very difficult to compare. What matters is overall revenue - which factors in everything from attendance and TV contracts to merchandise sales. Here are the numbers:

http://money.cnn.com/2007/10/25/commentary/sportsbiz/index.htm

"Baseball will finish this year with just over $6 billion in revenue, according to Bob DuPuy, Major League Baseball's president and chief operating officer.

To put that into context, that puts baseball right on the heels of the more than $6 billion in revenue reported by the National Football League in 2006."

"TV ratings alone do not constitute what the second most popular sport in the nation is."

Very true, but I thought we were trying to establish the most WATCHED sports, which refers to TV ratings, not revenue. When judging by this criteria, there is no argument that it goes NFL first, NASCAR second.

Talk about a fair weather fan. So the Nats are 3-0 and the Caps are making a run towards the playoffs. I LOVE everything about our Washington teams, but I'll make this argument about the Skins. It's one sentence: Don't you dare try to pass yourself off as a respectable Skins fan because you're worried about the next season. I'm not sure what to expect, but I've found a way to like that. In case you didn't know, Cerrato built the 49ers franchise in the 90s. Don't be a fool. Don't do drugs. :cheers:

Talk about a fair weather fan. So the Nats are 3-0 and the Caps are making a run towards the playoffs. I LOVE everything about our Washington teams, but I'll make this argument about the Skins. It's one sentence: Don't you dare try to pass yourself off as a respectable Skins fan because you're worried about the next season. I'm not sure what to expect, but I've found a way to like that. In case you didn't know, Cerrato built the 49ers franchise in the 90s. Don't be a fool. Don't do drugs. :cheers:

Excuse me...are you saying if I'm worried about next year I'm not a respectable Skins fan?

Fans like you who claim to be the "best fans" make me sick.

While I disagree that they are more exciting than the 'Skins, they both do seem to have more promise. The Caps and Nats are VERY young, and the Wizards have a rookie phenom Nick Young that I think will be VERY good (anyone see how he went shot for shot with Kobe in the 4th q last night?). The point is, those three franchises all have young players and reasons to be hopeful for the future. Right now, the Skins are in a bit of a transition stage. I would consider the only key young players that seem to have a huge impact on our future would be Campbell, Cooley, Landry, and hopefully someone out of Rocky/Montgomery/Golston. The point is, most of our players are in their prime right now, whereas with the Caps and Nats, we get to see (hopefully) two perennial playoff contenders grow up right before our eyes.

Highlights is the man. His first interview as a wizard, when asked what zards fans could expect from his game, his answer was "oh, lots of highlights". He has been monnikered so amongst my friends ever since. :applause:

"TV ratings alone do not constitute what the second most popular sport in the nation is."

Very true, but I thought we were trying to establish the most WATCHED sports, which refers to TV ratings, not revenue. When judging by this criteria, there is no argument that it goes NFL first, NASCAR second.

In my mind NASCAR will recieve status as sport, when michael Jackson recieves status as a human being. People might say Mike's heart pumps blood but you couldnt pay me to believe it.

I disagree. All DC sports right now are pretty exciting. Just think...the Caps make it and of course the Wizards locked up a spot last night....I mean when was the last time all 3 made it in the same season??

20 years ago.

1987-88 Season.

One more period to go!!!!

LET'S GO CAPS!!!!!

skins go on a playoff clinching run late in the season....

caps go on a playoff clinching run late in the season....

how are they more exciting again...seems to me like they are pretty similar.

oh dont forget the wizards are in the playoffs.

When was the last time we had all three of those teams in the playoffs in the same year??

:insane: I get what your saying but I disagree. Sure the Caps and Nats are exciting now. The Caps are chasing the playoffs. Anyone would be excited about that. The Nats are 3-3 and just opened a new stadium. That is it. It's still too early in the MLB season to get excited for Nats ball. Let's see how excited you'll be for the Nats when the Redskins are playing in the Fall. :helmet:

Archived