Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Caps & Nats are more exciting than 'Skins

GibbsRedskin

Trust me.. I was blessed with burgundy and gold DNA going back to my grandma

That said the spirit and good vibes flowin from the Caps and the Nats are way better than whats going down around Redskin Park these days. Still though -- I'm flying to NYC for the season opener. Most certainly plan to ***** slap any and all Big Blue Douche fans that step my way

AS FOR THE ORDER OF THE DAY

LETS GO CAPS

===OVIE WAN KENOBI===

FLOWS

WITH

THE

FORCE

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

Look, I am a diehard Redskins fan but it's very difficult to be excited about a Jim Zorn/Vinny Cerrato led team when we could have brought back much of the same staff to coach these same players. It looks to many of us like more of the same, and it's very difficult to get pumped up for this season.

Contrast this with the Nationals and Capitals. The Caps have the most exciting young player in hockey (yes, better than Crosby) and are on the brink of the playoffs. Even if they miss it this year, clearly they will be a major contender next year and for years to come.

Last night's Nationals game was one of the most exciting, riveting events in D.C. sports history. The ending of the game couldn't have been scripted better, and showcased another incredibly young, exciting D.C. player to a national audience. I feel like Ryan Zimmerman and Alex Ovetchkin will be the faces of Washington-area sports for years to come.

I hope the Redskins can do something to spur similar excitement. Right now, things are frankly looking bleak compared to these two other young, promising franchises.

By the way, anyone who flames me for this post needs to recognize and remember that I LOVE the Redskins and want them to prove me wrong.

PUFF PUFF PASS my friend, you are talking about baseball and hockey. They are as exciting as taking a pooh. I would rather watch my terds swim

why are dc fans against other dc teams makes no sense at all. Cheer for the skins cheer for the nats, caps, and wizards. I laugh at the people that say nobody cares about hockey because tonight all 20,000 fans were wearing there red and nearly tore down the verizon center at the end of the game because it was so loud. MVP chants topped it off. These people that say nobody cares about hockey need to go see the game Thursday night. Remember back in 98 they were calling this a hockey town when we made our cup run. Ohh and by the way Jason Campbell was sitting front row on the goal line. Its ok to like football and hockey. OVECHKIN FOR MVP lets do it again thursday night boys

Nobody cares about baseball and even less care about hockey.
Nobody cares about baseball? I guess it just magically brings in $6 billion a year in revenue, which is just below the NFL. The gap has narrowed by over 50% in just the last seven years. I'm a huge fan of both sports so I'm in a win-win situation, but if you walk around claiming nobody cares about baseball you're simply kidding yourself.

why are dc fans against other dc teams makes no sense at all. Cheer for the skins cheer for the nats, caps, and wizards. I laugh at the people that say nobody cares about hockey because tonight all 20,000 fans were wearing there red and nearly tore down the verizon center at the end of the game because it was so loud. MVP chants topped it off. These people that say nobody cares about hockey need to go see the game Thursday night. Remember back in 98 they were calling this a hockey town when we made our cup run. Ohh and by the way Jason Campbell was sitting front row on the goal line. Its ok to like football and hockey. OVECHKIN FOR MVP lets do it again thursday night boys

I make it to only a handful of games a year. My last one was when the caps scored ten goals and tonight was great too. The crowd was absolutely electric. If anyone has even a remote interest in hockey I would strongly recommend going to a live game, nothing like it.

Wow...

I'm a HUGE Nats fan, my cousin TastesLikeChicken can back me up on that, and I will be glued to every game they play. They are exciting because they are a rebuilding franchise with a new stadium and a fresh new young nucleus of players. Not only that but they are rebuilding the right way. What's not to be excited about?

HOWEVER!!!!!

Nothing excites me more than the Redskins. Once football season starts it's all eyes on the Skins. That doesn't mean I will forget about baseball season, I'll still follow every Nats game and hopefully follow them in the post season (rest assured I will be paying for playoff tickets for sure).

But the Redskins definitely cannot be replaced as #1 to me. This doesn't mean you have to ignore the other DC sports, or to a more childish extent... to REJECT other DC sports simply because you like the Redskins better.

With Ryan Zimmerman from the Nats having a regular appearance on the Riggins Show, I have to ask... what's the problem with being excited from all of the teams?

I live and was born and raised in Charleston,South Carolina.I cheer for all of D.C's Teams! I have been upset with baseball,but I watched Zimmerman Hit that walk off bottom of the 9th game winner in the First game in the Nats new park.I was excited for the Nats and the hopes of them having a good season.Tonight I tune in to watch the Caps beat the Hurricanes and tie them for the division.Again I have not been happy with hockey for several seasons,2 games left to go and the Caps playing the best hockey,I have seen in along time.I'm Excited!!!! One Day soon,My patience will be rewarded again,for being a long time Loyal Redskins Fan.You gotta have Faith!

Completely agree.

Man, that Caps game was great. You could feel the electricity in that place through the TV. I'm going to try my best to go to Thursday's game. Oh and anyone who doesn't think Ovechkin isn't the MVP and the best player in the world, clearly isn't paying attention.

All that being said though I have found in the past anyway that it's diehard Caps fanatics who seem to have a distaste for the Skins moreso than the other way around.

I haven't heard or seen it recently but in the past I've seen guys wearing Skins jersey's to Caps games get heckled by Caps fans and on the metro ride home, I've heard Caps fans making fun of the Redskins.

I asked a coworker at the time who was a Caps nut why this was the case and he told me that Caps fans resent the oversaturation of the Redskins in the local media despite the fact that the Capitals were the most successful franchise in town (at the time).

Anyway, it was great to see fans with Skins jersey's in yesterday's "red out" and to have JC at the game was great too. JC is really making an effort to be a part of the local sporting community. He's been a regular at Wizards, Hoya and now Caps games. Which also is an indication that he's been sticking around in town working out rather than vacationing.

It really is a great time for the DC sports scene.

Caps and Wizards appear to be playoff bound.

Nats open a beautiful new stadium and appear to be pretty good.

The Skins are coming off a playoff season and are flush with draft picks for the first time in forever.

:cheers:

I get more excited about the Nationals than the Redskins, especially now that the Jim Zorn era has begun. Gibbs is part of my childhood and DNA, so I felt more passionate about these past 4 years than any without him. That being said, I'm still a diehard 'Skins fan, but I'm just more excited about the Nationals going forward.

Look, I am a diehard Redskins fan but it's very difficult to be excited about a Jim Zorn/Vinny Cerrato led team when we could have brought back much of the same staff to coach these same players. It looks to many of us like more of the same, and it's very difficult to get pumped up for this season.

Contrast this with the Nationals and Capitals. The Caps have the most exciting young player in hockey (yes, better than Crosby) and are on the brink of the playoffs. Even if they miss it this year, clearly they will be a major contender next year and for years to come.

Last night's Nationals game was one of the most exciting, riveting events in D.C. sports history. The ending of the game couldn't have been scripted better, and showcased another incredibly young, exciting D.C. player to a national audience. I feel like Ryan Zimmerman and Alex Ovetchkin will be the faces of Washington-area sports for years to come.

I hope the Redskins can do something to spur similar excitement. Right now, things are frankly looking bleak compared to these two other young, promising franchises.

By the way, anyone who flames me for this post needs to recognize and remember that I LOVE the Redskins and want them to prove me wrong.

Do you remember the Skins made the playoffs last year? When was the last time the Nationals or Caps did that? You can't call yourself a diehard fan anymore. I am removing that title...................:doh:

Archived