Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sports Radio?

SkinsFan#1

Just wondering what y'all listen to.

I listen to Colin Cowherd in the mornings up until lunchtime. I know he can be a polarizing host with some of his opinions, but I enjoy hearing his opinions and the reasons he has for them. Plus I think he's knowledgable in the pro/college football realm. Any other Herd fans?

Cowherd repeats himself over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and

well, you get the picture.

Seriously,, listen to any 20 minute block when he's just pontificating on some subject. Count how many times he says the exact same thing. He'll switch up the words, but say the exact same thing 15 times in a row.

And i thought Rome was bad at that...

I like Riggin's show, even if it isn't always about sports. At least when he's talking football, he's got a lot to draw on.

~Bang

I listen to Cowherd although I don't agree with him. I normally listen to news in the AM. I love the Jim Rome show... I like the fact that he's unique with his takes. Dan Patrick is not bad, but he's a little smug... I mean that's DP for you. The folks that ESPN has gotten to replace DP (Mike Tirico, also they had some of their other talent like Scott Van Pelt, Michelle Tafoya) haven't been bad either... they aren't as controversial as Cowherd or Mike&Mike. Noon-time it's probably the Loose Cannons on KLAC 570 here in LA, I think they are great since there's 3 of them able to share the mic. My favorite drive-time radio hosts (I think they come on at 4 pm here) is Petros Papadoukas (he does PAC-10 football for FSN as well as Pros v Joes... he's the guy with the lazy eye)... and Matt "Money" Smith. Their show is also very unique and tend to do more original stuff. Also in the afternoon I sometimes surf down to the San Diego station (Mighty 1090 AM) with Philly Billy wherndehl and whoever... this is only if everyone else is on commercials.

So in order I'd say my favorites are:

1) PMS Show on AM570 (Petros and "Money" Show) during afternoon drive

2) Loose Cannons (Steve Hartman, the Vic "The Brick", Mykel Thompson (ex-Lakers)

3) Jim Rome

4) Mike Tirico show (his guest co-hosts are pretty good)

5) Colin Cowherd, don't agree with him but sometimes interesting...

Sports radio competes with right-wing-talk radio Bill Handel on KFI in the AM and John and Ken (who grate my nerves from time to time because they seem a bit racist).

I hate commercials and it always seems like these radio shows take a bunch of commercials... so annoying.

I listen Mike & Mike in the AM's on the way to work. I listen to the local sports guy here in Hampton Roads, John Castleberry on 102.1 The Game/Redskins radio and then I listen to Riggins on the same station..and that's it.

I honestly was a HUGE fan of Mike and Mike until about a year ago. It seems have the time they don't even talk about sports anymore. Its rather irratating. They both go back and forth about one another, and than they basically give you a sports issue which you can tell is totally staged on there opinions. Golic always bashing MIke and the other way around I honestly just grew a little tired of it.

To be honest I work in downtown Baltimore, and drive a jeep (with a soft top), so I no longer keep my Sirus in my car for the the reasons of working in the city, so im basically stuck listening to WNST.

Who basically talk about the Ravens, how they hate the Orioles, and how they like to throw in every once in awhile how they hate the Redskins. The guy in the morning time Drew Forrester who obviously is a Baltimore homer, but I respect him because personally I feel hes very knowledgable when it comes to sports in general.

When the Skins made the playoffs (and the Ravens were sitting at home haha) I called in and asked him what he felt he was nice enough to answer the question without any bashing, so from than on I just kept with WNST. Even though its pains me to here them bash the team every once in awhile, and listen about the Ratbirds, but its honestly the best thing that comes in without static.

Cowherd is annoying, I remember giving him a listen when Korheiser left Sportstalk980 the first time and I just couldn't stand it. He's very boring and thinks that his opinion is the only one matters. He kinda comes off as a toned down Jim Rome but is still just as annoying.

I listen to Sportstalk 980 on the drive and and home. Mainly for Doc Walker and the last bit of the JT show. Czaban is ... uh....Czabe. Sometimes it's a good show and sometimes it's not.

I did listen to Cowherd on the way to school when I was in college, but found him annoying and won't listen to him now because of his remarks about ST.

I don't mind the Mike Tirico show, though I think he's got a ways to go as far as radio personality goes.

The Sports Junkies, if they count, rock.

And I do listen to Redskins Lunch or Riggo's show everynow and then when I'm in the car at that particular time.

But mostly, my dial is on Don & Mike (not sports) in the afternoons.

I did listen to Cowherd on the way to school when I was in college, but found him annoying and won't listen to him now because of his remarks about ST.

I don't mind the Mike Tirico show, though I think he's got a ways to go as far as radio personality goes.

I've been listening to the Tirico show for a while too. He always seems well-versed in a variety of sports so I like that his show can be versatile and cover a variety of topics well. Plus, as someone else said, he has good co-hosts and guests.

Van Pelt is hosting this afternoon.

I listen to Czabe on the way to and from work. I don't mind him but I listen to him mainly becuase M&M and the Riggins show are just so horrible. M&M never go beyond talking about the two are three biggest headlines (plus the Yankees, Red Sox, Tiger, Kobe, Peyton Manning, and themselves) and the Riggins show is so dry it hurts to listen to it.

I have Sirious and XM and listen to both at work.

1. MLB live on XM

2. Rivals Radio on XM ( great college sports breakdowns)

3. NASCAR Now

I'm moving away from ESPN personalities because they all talk loud and as JB said "ain't saying nothing".

I listen to Czabe on 910 in the mornings on the way to work because I dont like Big Al on 950. During lunch I listen to Rome on 910 unless its during the football season I will listen to Redskins Lunch on 950. Then on my way home from work I listen to Riggins on 950.

**** Cowherd since the stain in a rug remark. Up until then, I used to use him as background noise.

Mike Tirico's show is pretty good. Riggo is entertaining as hell no matter if they're talking football or anything else. Lately I've been catching Riggo on MASN at night even though I've already heard the same show earlier during the day. There are a couple of local guys here in the Roanoke area on ESPN Radio that are always talking Skins as well.

I typically listen online to ESPN Redskins Radio all day so...

M&M in the morning

Cowherd

Redskins Radio

Mike Tirico

Riggo

I only ever pay attention to it the afternoon starting with Redskins radio...I just need some noise to keep annoying co-workers from bothering me:D

I like Tirico because he is VERY well versed in most sports and he always has a different co-host.

Riggo is just funny.

*Edit*

Forgot Stephen A. Smith show - another one that's just background noise bc he talks NBA too much for my taste.

Archived