Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I supossed to hate the ravens?

moss1981

Ravens fans are like that guy who comes to sit with you and your friends at the lunch table, but he's not your friend and you don't really want him there. And then he laughs at inappropriate times during stories you tell when you haven't actually gotten to the funny part yet. And he can't take the hints about you not wanting him around.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I am however a diehard O's fan.

)

Me too. The Orioles and Redskins have a very similar proud history.(Although the O's suck now) I have taken a lot of **** about being both a skins' and O's diehard, but when I was born there were no Ravens and Nationals and I'm not going to just change team loyalties because a new team comes to town. Plus, as I already stated, both the Skins and O's have great traditions.

Of course you have to hate the Ravens. They're the only thing wrong with Baltimore. There's nothing more ignorant than a Ravens fan (besides a Cowboys' or Eagels') I'm actually somewhat embarrassed to be an Orioles fan due to the fact that I'm cheering with Ravens fans. I sometimes feel the same way about cheering for the terps. Every time Ray Lewis came to a football game to watch his little brother, Keon, the whole stadium erupted with cheering. Also, Steve Bisciotti and Ozzie Newsome get the same reaction from their court side seats at the basketball games. Maryland is a DC school!!!!

I've always kind of loathed Baltimore sports teams and the city in general (though my uncle is from there). The O's owner kept baseball from D.C. for years and when the Expo's finally came to town, I was a few hundred miles away from the area and couldn't enjoy the experience with my father, who saw BOTH Senators leave town. It was a real bittersweet moment. My folks are D.C. natives, so that...distaste for Baltimore was instilled in me.

No, being a 'Skins fan and hating the Ravens is not intertwined. Perhaps hating Dallas or any of our real division and conference rivals, but the Ravens are just a local AFC team.

And this is despite the fact that many Ravens fans hate the 'Skins, for whatever reason.

I never liked Baltimore (although I really respected Johnny Unitas, Bert Jones, Ripken, Frank and Brooks Robinson) for a couple of reasons: As Colts:

1. They lost to the Jets in Superbowl 3 (although I did appreciate their beating the Cowboys later)

2. They didn't sell out their own stadium during a playoff game

3. They had a home MNF game with the Redskins blacked out in the DC area

As a kid I hated the Orioles because they constantly clobbered the Senators. I did follow Rypken's career, but for all tense and purposes, I abandoned MLB when the Senators left town. I was a huge fan and I felt betrayed.

If the Redskins left, it would ruin professional football for me. I would give up the NFL.

I hate the Ravens because of what Modell did to the Cleveland fans. I empathised with their pain. Billeck & Ray Lewis just made it easier to sustain.

Also keep in mind, Baltimore hates DC because we stole the Bullets (aka Wizards).

As a Redskins fan I have to respect the Ravens. They have won the Superbowl in recent history than we have. I cant even remember the last time we won a Superbowl, but the Ravens won back in 2000, which I know is a lot more recent than us. Let alone their players try more harder than The Reskins. Who do we have that can stack up to Rey Lewis? The answer is nobody. He is one of the hardest tacklers in the NFL hands down. The only thing that was holding them back for the past seven years is their coach and Jamal Lewis. Jamal Lewis was one of those players who played when he felt like it, meaning that some games he was good and some games he played like crap. The coach was just not type of offensive genious, like people claimed he was. He reminds me of Joe Gibbs a lot, and thats calling the same plays over and over again when its clear that they are not going to work.

In conclusion, no Redskins fan should ever hate a Ravens fan. Both teams are at the same level.

(Words of logic)

As a Redskins fan I have to respect the Ravens. They have won the Superbowl in recent history than we have. I cant even remember the last time we won a Superbowl, but the Ravens won back in 2000, which I know is a lot more recent than us.

(Words of logic)

You seriously don't know the last time we won the super bowl? How about knowing your own team's history? One of my favorite parts about being a Redskin fan is knowing that we have such a rich history and tradition (winning 3 super bowls,last in 92')

And once the Ravens won their super bowl in 2000 is when I started to hate them. All of the football fans here in Maryland jumped on their bandwagon and have become one of the most ignorant, whiny, and annoying fan bases in all of football. They're nothing but a bunch of jail birds who won the most boring super bowl of all-time with their defense alone.

And don't even get me started on Ray Lewis!!

Who do we have that can stack up to Rey Lewis?

In conclusion, no Redskins fan should ever hate a Ravens fan. Both teams are at the same level.

(Words of logic)

Ray Lewis is not that good. He is an overrated LB now. He USED to be good.

And for the whole, "they're on the same level" thing....NO!! The 'Skins have 3 Super Bowls and the ravens have 1. So what if it was recent. That's like saying they're on the same level as the 49'ers because they won a Super Bowl more recently. The 'Skins are on a much higher level. More history...

HTTR!!!

:cheers:

The only times I ever root for the Ravens are when they play against one of our divisional foes. The only other time outside of that was last season when they played NE. I don't even bother talking football with Raven fans because MOST of them are just too damn OBNOXIOUS about the Skins around here. I just :rolleyes: everytime the season starts with their:blahblah: about how great the Ravens will be that year.

:ravensuck

Yes, you should hate them and it's because of the fans, not the team itself.

I actually adopted them as my AFC team, back in '97. Then, they won the Super Bowl and the obnoxious Baltimore fans came out of the woodwork.

Baltimore is, and always will be, a second-tier sports town.

Their blink of a franchise is insignificant in my opinion. Annapolis use to be Redskins country, but recently it seems more like Barney country with all the purple I see. Redskins country consists of anything below the Mason Dixon Line, all the way to the bottom of South Carolina, and as far west as the western border of West Virginia. Ravens can have just Baltimore as far as I am concerned.

Archived