Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I supossed to hate the ravens?

moss1981

That is funny, i never thought much about the ravens until a couple years ago i began to notice that every raven fan i met absolutely HATED the skins. i still dont even know why. i dont have an opinion on them either way. (except for the fact that i hate the way they got there)

That's what ticks off ravens fans. We just don't notice them.

The second city complex Baltimorons have is as corrosive as battery acid, and they hate the Skins because we are from....aggggg Washington.

Ignor the silly little twits rather than hate them. It's the meanest thing you can do to.

No, not really. The Ravens are like that irritating little brother that you occasionally deal with just cause he is close by. The Ravens moved to B-more like what 10 yrs ago or something like that. The Redskins have been in the DC area since 1932 or something like that. We own MD, DC and VA. The only reason there are Ravens fans is because that is what's close to them. :helmet:

I just threw up in my mouth.

Scary thought, right? But a lot of fans were drawn to their teams for pretty arbitrary reasons:

*The fan started following football while living in an area near the team's "home."

*The fan's parents/family roots for the team.

*The team was performing well when the fan started following football.

Maybe it's just me, but none of those reasons seem to be attached to a horrible moral failing, or even necessarily a predisposition to jerkitude. So it seems silly to me that some of us truly and categorically "hate" other teams and their fans (as opposed to simply rooting against those teams a little "harder," in good sportsmanlike fun). I like our fanbase the most because we share a common interest (the Redskins), but I've certainly met Redskins fans who are asses, and Cowboys and Ravens fans who are good people.

To be honest, I really just don't care about the Ravens. I feel very apathetic towards them. The only thing that bothers me about their franchise is their fans who root for Washington sport teams, but suddenly became Raven fans the year they won the super bowl...... I'm not a fan of disloyalty, including the people that start wearing Skin jerseys right when they go on their end of season playoff run.

Archived