Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I supossed to hate the ravens?

moss1981

I laugh when they lose and rub it it because we are the skins, were a historical team.The ravens stole a team fom cleveland. Do redskins fans hate the ravens as much as i am starting to!

Baltimore had its team (the Colts) ripped away in the middle of the night. Unlike Fake-ianapolis and Fake Louis, Baltimore allowed the city of Cleveland to retain it's team's name, colors, uniforms, so that Cleveland could once again have its Browns back, rightfully, which is what happened (Tennessee did it this way too).

I'm not sure how I'd take it if our beloved Redskins were stolen away by some soul-less ownership, and the media and fans everywhere else looked the other way, were apathetic, or worse supported the Redskins from their new city.

To me, unwarranted franchise removal is pretty much the most egregious thing that goes on in pro sports. If you're going to steal a team (bad enough), the Ravens allowed Baltimore the dignity of doing it the right way. No hatred for that here.

Baltimore allowed the city of Cleveland to retain it's team's name, colors, uniforms, so that Cleveland could once again have its Browns back, rightfully, which is what happened (Tennessee did it this way too).

i believe cleveland sued for that right:ravensuck :ravensuck

Skins / Ravens = Cubs / White Sox

The Sox fans up here hate the Cubs fans to no end because even though they won a world series a few years ago, they are still and will always be second fiddle. Sorry MDers...The Skins have the history and fan base to not care what you have done. Good luck in the future rooting for the Skins when the Ravens are based in Las Vegas in 2035....

To me, unwarranted franchise removal is pretty much the most egregious thing that goes on in pro sports. If you're going to steal a team (bad enough), the Ravens allowed Baltimore the dignity of doing it the right way. No hatred for that here.

Unwarranted??? They weren't supporting the team. The ownership put out a lousy product. Baltimorians didn't support the product. The owner moved.

Unwarranted is what happened to Cleveland.

The NFL and the media has always been trying to create a rivalry between the two. With the numerous preseason games and the post in ESPN magazine about how all Washingtonians are supposed to despise baltimore sports. To be honest, the Ravens are probably my second favorite team and I really admire the way they have constructed a successful franchise.

I never really cared about the **** Gavens until I had to work with the fans. I wore my skins cap to work one day and got bashed for it. F 'em. Some even admittingly told me they used to be diehard Redskins fans (yeah right), until the Gavens came to town. And how much they liked Gibbs but would much rather him go back to his racing (guess they are happy now).

The Gavens fans are,...... well,........ gay.

The Ravens are a strange fan base, as in the fan base is very young. It is almost like filling the stadium full of the young rowdy drunks that Philly is famous for minus the cheesesteaks. I don't let the Raven fans bother me...the Ravens are just the ugly Beltway sister to the Skins.

Finally! I'm glad to hear from another Redskins fan whose wife is a Ravens fan. I thought I might be the only one. It certainly makes Sundays interesting during the season, and in life in general. I do support the Ravens as she supports the Skins when they play and we console each other on the occasions that either team loses. It's kind of fun with the back and forth and we make the most of it. :D When the Redskins play the Ravens in preseason (and this year the regular season!) we are like cats and dogs. I love my wife, but the Redskins come first. They were here before her. :notworthy

We also have a 18 month old son whom we are actively trying to turn one way or another. This kid has more Redskins and Ravens gear than most diehard fans. I have been working on him to be able to sing the Redskins Fight Song, lol. The Ravens have nothing in that department, so I win. Of course I better not let my wife see this post as I won't get any tonight. I'm determined to win this war.

It's an interesting household let me tell you that...

So, OP, I feel your pain. You aren't the only one! But if you think you have it bad...try living in the Baltimore area. ARGH!

You should have asked prior to the engagement what her team is. Mixed football marriages are ultimately doomed. :P

J/k...However...I wouldn't pretend to like them...I don't do that for my family...they know where my heart lies...they wouldn't think of asking me to root for their teams. I have ridiculously, stupid relatives who think they are Dallas fans(give me a break already!). They know I can't stand them...but I don't disrespect them for their love of their team...my uncle is very passionate about the turds...so I respect that..he respects my love of the Skins..

My husband never really liked football until last season...he likes drag racing. He would always root for the team that was playing the Redskins b/c he knew it ticked me off...but as soon as I stopped paying attention or caring who he was pulling for...he came over to the right side. He likes the Skins now..but not as passionately as I do.

Just tell her..."I love you honey, but the Skins are my team and I can't root for the Ravens." Just respect their love for their team(even if it is the wrong one..lol)

BTW...

I love the Orioles. :D (hate the Owner) Sounds kind of like the Skins, no?Frankly, the Orioles have been in the same situation as the Redskins. You could actually say they've been on the same path for a long time now. Look at the facts...

The Orioles and the Redskins have in common:

1. Obnoxious, rich, overbearing, Owners who think they know more than the coaches/managers/baseball pros. (Angelos/Snyder)

2. "Winning" plans which amounted to overpaying washed-up superstars to "help" (read:ruin) (Deion Sanders/Archelta/Lloyd - Wright/Sosa/Belle)

3. Repeatedly fired managers/coaches who didn't run the team their way leading to prospective GOOD managers/coaches to not want to offer their services.

4. Shoddy treatment of fans - raising ticket/food/parking prices while putting bad product on the field.

5. Finally realizing that the way to build a team is through the draft/young players/prospects and SMART trades & SMART contracts while not throwing away money hand over fist.

I swear there's almost an exact parallel. (except for the Skins actually going to the playoffs)

Crazy, isn't it?

I absolutely have hated the ***** ass ravens... HOWEVER... after that game they played against the pats where McGahee, Ray Lewis and Ed Reed put it all on the line for Sean, man it was really emotional and I must respect them and the team they play on forever now. Ray Lewis was all choked up, they did it for Sean, they all had big games and almost pulled it out against the Pats, when the rest of their team is horrible

One of my best friends is a Ravens fan.

He's gone to some Skins games with me, I've gone to a Ravens game with him and we'll be a M&T this year for Skins/Ravens like we were for the last Skins/Ravens games and scrimmages at FedEx.

I follow the Ravens and the AFCN so I can talk football outside of the Skins with my friends and I know probably as much about the Ravens as most of their fanbase.

Many Raven fans get on my nerves....especially when I know more about their team as a Skins fan than they do.

And Ray's "entrance", I would have loved to hear what caoch Gibbs thought of it since we come out as a team and in Baltimore it's the Ray Lewis show.

I really hate the Ravens. I only root for them against the NFCE rivals and the Patriots. Other than that I cannot stand them. I went to the game against the Colts and Ravens because my bro is a Colts fan, and they were complete asses. Maybe because it was the Colts. They don't even call them that, they call them Indy. But yeah, I really dislike the Ravens.

:ravensuck

Raven fans are bitter Baltimore Colt fans who STILL CANNOT GET OVER losing their team to Indy. I can still remember Colt fans who nearly died when the Skins won their first Super Bowl against Miami. The glory years under Gibbs in the 80's was a royal hell for Colt fans. THEY are the low-lifes who began with all the hate. Sheer jealousy...they couldn't stand seeing the Skins rack-up 3 Super Bowl titles. Baltimore fans have a HUGE inferiority complex when they feel compared to Washington based teams. They do now, as they did in the 60's 70's and 80's. Feel free to hate the Ravens.....they already hate you for such immature reasons. Oh, am I the only one to notice how low the sports IQ is of a typical Baltimore fan? Pretty similar to the typical Philly fan, huh?

Clear example of what low-lifes Ravens fans are: Back during the Norv Turner era, the Skins had a road game against the Steelers, who are a big divisional rival of the Ravens. When updated scores of NFL games around the nation were announced at the stadium in Baltimore, the BALTIMORONS all cheered when it was announced that the Steelers had just defeated the Skins. Yup, instead of groaning upon hearing that a rival team had just won, they actually cheered...showing off their amazing stupidity when it comes to sports IQ.

Ravens fans are like that guy who comes to sit with you and your friends at the lunch table, but he's not your friend and you don't really want him there. And then he laughs at inappropriate times during stories you tell when you haven't actually gotten to the funny part yet. And he can't take the hints about you not wanting him around.

Archived