Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I supossed to hate the ravens?

moss1981

Here are my main problems with Gavens fans:

1) Most people were obviously fans of other teams before the Ravens came to town, be it the Redskins or whoever, people who are in my age range 24-28 can't recall the Colts and we forced to have a favorite team growing up. Then all of a sudden the Ravens come into town and they jump ship and now are ravens fans. There excuse is that Baltimore is there home town however, I am certain most people here can vouch for this, I live in Hunt Valley (north of Towson) and if a new team came into town, lets say the Towson Tigers (NFL), I wouldn't jump ship b/c I already have a team.

2) When I was 18, I went to a Ravens game, stadium 3/5 full...then they go on a run and win a superbowl and then whole city is painted purple/flags from cars/people in jersey's, ect...It is really a bandwagon sports town, they love you when your good and when are suck, nobody roots them you. I have season tickets and even in 2006, when the skins were having a down year, I was at every game...the stadium was close to being full at most games.

3) Media-Before the Ravens were in Baltimore, the Baltimore Sun, which I get used to cover the Redskins..ala home team. Now the local media acts as if the Redskins aren't a local team...the post on the other hand covers the Ravens, not nearly as much as the skins but still mentions them in a larger segment than other teams. Now I would understand if we were in the same Division or Conference, but were not.

To boot, the fans are obnoxious/rude and know very little about the sport besides Ray Lewis is the best linebacker and we won a super bowl in 2000. I am really excited to play them this year in Baltimore, can't wait full Mike Sellers to truck Ray Lewis.

Again I live here so it annoys me 365 a year!!

Go Skins

The only problem I have with the Ravens is their games get airtime here in Virginia which. Them being the most boring team to watch in the history of the NFL, while blocking out much more entertaining AFC games that i'd rather watch, irritates me to no end.

Are you obligated to like them due to some MD/DC rivalry? Not really. Ravens fans tend to be the only ones who think there is one. Its hard to have a rivalry when the 2 teams are in different conferences. The only time I even notice Baltimore has a football team is when they block out other games I'd rather watch due to regional TV bookings.

I am a llife long Redskins fan 21 years!! However 5 years ago i married and my wife is a ravens fan. So is her family. I find the ravens fans to be very irritating. I have tried to be the better person by pretending to care and root for them, when watching them with my wife. However over the last two years I have found this harder and harder to do each time. I can't stand them. I laugh when they lose and rub it it because we are the skins, were a historical team.The ravens stole a team fom cleveland. Do redskins fans hate the ravens as much as i am starting to!

Wow bro, you do the EXACT same things I do... and in the same situation.

More power to you!

I can see how DC folks would hate the Orioles, considering Peter Angelo's shenanigans. But there's not much of a history between the 'Skins and Ravens, and since they're in different conferences, there probably won't be much of one in the future, either.

I personally root against them, but that's just because every other person in my family is a hard-core Steelers fan.

I dont hate them. Ive met one Ravens fan that just hated the Redskins for nothing but I shouldnt hate the whole organization because of a couple a-holes. I really like Ed Reed and Ray Lewis and Willis McGahee especially what they did after the Sean Taylor incident. I dont like Nats fans who hate the Orioles for no good reason and talk crap all time(Phoward12). I like the Nats but I grew up going to Orioles games not Nats games. I understand that Nats fans hate Peter Angelos for blocking them but Orioles fans dont like him because hes cheap and drove the O's into the ground. I guess thats why I dont hate Danny like some.

i don't know why, but for some reason all ravens fans think there is some kind of redskins-ravens rivalry, and they really hate us. i just shrug my shoulders. we don't generally give the ravens a second thought. we're 10x more concerned about the cowboys, eagles, and giants. the ravens are just the cleveland browns in fruitier colors, right?

I hate the Ravens, and I've always been a Skins fan. Even though there are so few of them in Annapolis.

But I'm a huge Orioles fan. I would be a Nats fan but I have been an O's fan and you can't just switch teams.

I know that they hate us. I wore my skins sweatshirt to the Inner harbor earlier this year and got some heckling from the natives. They hate us (mainly for having the same team with the same name for so many years, and for being so well known as an NFL team (a.k.a., they are jealous)).Why shouldn't we hate them?

I really didn't care too much about the ravens until I went to college in Towson. Now I hate the damn ravens. 50% of the cars you see in this area have a gay raven sticker or flag and its pretty annoying. I don't even consider them a real franchise, they wear purple for god sake. There stadium is ok, but its real small. Plus ravens fans hate the redskins. I don't know why, considering most of them were redskin fans 10 years ago. There are a good deal of skin fans up here, and us skin fans are sure to pack out their stadium next year when we play them.

:dallasuck

you should definatley hate them, damn ratbirds. modelle screwed over clevland, ray did it you know he did, billick is a smug jerk who never lived up to it, and dont give me superbowl, they won in spite of him. they perpetually wined about the skins still being the big dogs in town.

Ozzie is a good gm though

Archived