Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I supossed to hate the ravens?

moss1981

I am a llife long Redskins fan 21 years!! However 5 years ago i married and my wife is a ravens fan. So is her family. I find the ravens fans to be very irritating. I have tried to be the better person by pretending to care and root for them, when watching them with my wife. However over the last two years I have found this harder and harder to do each time. I can't stand them. I laugh when they lose and rub it it because we are the skins, were a historical team.The ravens stole a team fom cleveland. Do redskins fans hate the ravens as much as i am starting to!

That is funny, i never thought much about the ravens until a couple years ago i began to notice that every raven fan i met absolutely HATED the skins. i still dont even know why. i dont have an opinion on them either way. (except for the fact that i hate the way they got there)

they hate us because we have history. i tell the ravens that they lost the colts because their fans were too cheap and poor that's why the attendance was low and the colts owner was losing money so he had to move. The ravens fans say that they have a superbowl! I reply with

"that even the sun can shine on a dogs ass every once and awhile"

I hate them, although I hate Baltimore in general. I think it's just a natural rivalry due to proximity. Also, Peter Angelos didn't help matters any by blocking a baseball team from coming to D.C. for so many years. I rooted against them when they played the Giants in the Super Bowl a few years ago, though it did no good.

Our baseball team is better than the one they field.

Our football team is of course better, just because.

They don't even have basketball or hockey.

But they have an aquarium, so hooray for them. Baltimore sucks.

Technically, you're required to hate them. :)

It's true. Their fans hate the Redskins, so we have to hate them too. It comes down to splitting coverage time between the teams. I live in southern VA, so I also hate the Panthers for the same reasons, but not as much since Rae Carruth was the only real thug that team ever laid claim to. Though they did have Keyshawn for a stint. Who cares both teams suck. HAIL SKINS!

I hate the Ravens...their Fans and everything Baltimore. At first when the moved from Cleveland I really was indifferent but then steadily I just started hating them...not as much as Dallas or Philly but I definitly hate them equal or more than the Giants.

Watching them have that tremendous 2007 season and losing to the Dolphins was pure enjoyment!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HYSTERICAL!!!!!!!!!

I do. But if you were from DC and moved to Baltimore you would to0. I now hate the color purple as well.

I am however a diehard O's fan.

oh and one more thing.... I hate them becasue they won't show the Skins game on TV if we play the same time as them. (I go to a Skins bar anyways but its still annoying)

Technically, you're required to hate them. :)

But it can be an AFC hate that should not interfere with marital bliss!

Unless it is the Super Bowl! No one cares about pre-season.:ravensuck

I live in Nashville and have no trouble, except once every six years when the Redskins play the Titans.Then You know what happens!:titansuck

You know, I don't really mind their team, and it'll be interesting to see how their new HC does compared to Zorn. That said, about 90% of the fanbase irritates me. Although not quite like Philly fans, I don't think they're too far off in their fairweatherness. Older fans who grew up Colts fans actually know football, as irritable it can be talking to them, but the newer generation Ravens fans are half comprised of fans who joined the bandwagon in 2000 and never got off. Worse than that, their fans have to be the worst in remembering the names of their own players! Outside of Ray Lewis, the fans I've talked with are known to butcher names of players, and just say "that Mason guy" or "Scruggs." It's pathetic, must be something in the water. If you're going to attempt to talk football intelligently, then knowing names of players and positions is a must, otherwise the criticism sent towards us just looks less credible with each word spoken.

I hate them, although I hate Baltimore in general. I think it's just a natural rivalry due to proximity. Also, Peter Angelos didn't help matters any by blocking a baseball team from coming to D.C. for so many years. I rooted against them when they played the Giants in the Super Bowl a few years ago, though it did no good.

Could not have said it better. The simple fact that this city was denied baseball for 31 years of my 33 years of living is totally inexcusable and this is directly related to the fact that Angelos blocked our team from getting in. When we did get the Nats, then he took all our tv revenue! The redskins didn't try and block baltimore from getting another football team. They were able to get one in 10 years whereas we had to wait 31 for a baseball team. I have absolutely no love for the Ravens whatsoever! I can't stand em.

It makes me so mad because prior to 2000 these jokers were wearing skins gear ...then the purple team wins a superbowl all of a sudden its like the skins werent here first....I am tired of hearing about them ...I loved watching them suck this year it was the best!

Well, if you never hated them before...

Our illustrious governor, Parris Glendenning, gave Art Modell a quarter BILLION dollars out of the Md treasury to move that team here.

We didn't get a vote on this. He just did it without asking us, the citizens of Maryland. (He also divorced his wife and married his secretary,, that sums up Glendenning's accomplishments as Gov.)

He also built them a stadium ENTIRELY from our tax dollars, and gave Modell a deal that said that he had 100% rights to all parking and concession revenues, and didn't have to pay any MD tax.

the Orioles have a deal that says that if another pro sports team came to MD and got a better deal than they had, then they would get the same, so now Peter Angelos doesn't pay state tax on revenue generated by his ball club either.

THEN as if that wasn't enough, three years later, Modell is out of money, even though they won a Super Bowl, forcing him to sell his interest in the team and leaving me to wonder just where the HELL all of our money went..

Hate them yet?

~Bang

It's true. Their fans hate the Redskins, so we have to hate them too. It comes down to splitting coverage time between the teams. I live in southern VA, so I also hate the Panthers for the same reasons, but not as much since Rae Carruth was the only real thug that team ever laid claim to. Though they did have Keyshawn for a stint. Who cares both teams suck. HAIL SKINS!

Yeah I pretty much hate the Panthers as well. I went down to visit a friend of mine in Charlotte who is a die hard redskins fan and he says that basically if the panthers suck, then none of the fans go and the stadium virtually empty. They were redskins fans before the panthers got there and then they were granted a team and got rid of us. I understand, but they seem to be very fickle and fair weather fans and those are the worst! However, my for the NFC opponents is paraomount. Yes, there are some teams that I hate more than others, but I won't ever find myself being happy because another NFC east team wins a super bowl. Can't happen. I didn't want the Giants to win the super bowl so much as I didn't want New England to win. I was hoping that there would be a tie, but that wasn't going to happen. It was the worst super bowl from my perspective, because I really hate both teams.

I am a skins fan who has lived in baltimore for the last 6 years...I also caddy at a golf course in which Steve Bishotti, Kyle Boller, Chris McCallister, Todd Heap, JO and Mike McCrary are members. So I just have it assumed on the golf course and walking around here that I am a ravens fan. I caddied for Bishotti 5 times last year, I let their billionaire owner know I am a skins fan lol. For a guy who loves football I cant watch Raven's games they are just sooo boring. I am pumped that we get to play them this year, and I actually dont have to travel.

I hate the Ravens...their Fans and everything Baltimore. At first when the moved from Cleveland I really was indifferent but then steadily I just started hating them...not as much as Dallas or Philly but I definitly hate them equal or more than the Giants.

Watching them have that tremendous 2007 season and losing to the Dolphins was pure enjoyment!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HYSTERICAL!!!!!!!!!

Wow, these two posts pretty much sum up my feelings about the Ravens and the city of Baltimore in general. I also hate the O's hon. They will never sniff the playoffs. :silly:

Archived