Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Detroit offering Roy Williams for a 2nd

MAATopDogg

this is from-http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/nfldraft.cfm

The availability of wide receiver Roy Williams is also in hot debate with Jacksonville, Tennessee, Tampa Bay and New Orleans all interested. The Lions are looking for a second round pick and have told several clubs they would even consider a pick in next years' draft to get a deal done.

r.i.p. sean you were a great player,teammate,man,father. we will miss seeing you dominate on sundays

A 2nd next year and brandon lloyd...Lock it up. lol

Guys. They want a 1st and more for him. NOT a second. I already provided a link earlier in the thread. He will not be had for a 2nd. If any team is getting him in this division it will be the Eagles. They have the highest first round pick and I believe they have 12 picks this season. Do not get your hopes up.

Yea, why are they even trying to get rid of him? I don't recall any off the field problems. What gives?

The Lions will face having to re-sign Roy Williams because 2008 is his last contract year. They have Calvin Johnson, who can step up to be an elite #1 receiver in the NFL, and Mike Furrey had 98 catches for Detroit in 2006. The Lions have other needs, and would like to get as much value as they can for Roy Williams now, because they'd have a hard time resigning him with the contract they gave Calvin Johnson (6-yr, $64M, $27.2M guaranteed).

And I would definitely give up a 2nd for Roy Williams. I'd much rather give up a 2nd for Roy Williams than a 1st for Chad Johnson, if WR is seen as such an important need by the franchise.

Roy Williams is 26 years old...and a pure stud. I'd sign off on that deal. I'd even throw in Brandon Lloyd and a pepsi for no charge.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5532

We would have to pay BLs salary for the year and give a first, not a second. Still worth the deal. No way this guy goes for a 2nd rounder, that's plain stupid.

Swap our 1st for their 2nd and RW...

OR

Our 2nd for their 4th and RW....

We need at least three picks in rounds 1-4 (we currently have 1-3 no 4) so work a deal that gets us a player and a lower pick. We need a solid WR, but we also have serious depth / age issues at other positions that can be addressed in rounds 1-4.

The question is simple. Are the Redskins looking to draft a WR in the first couple rounds of next years draft(or the 2009 draft for that matter). If they are, then they need to ask is Roy Williams what they would HOPE to get out of that pick. If so, pull the trigger. Otherwise, dont.

From RotoWorld:

"League sources tell the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that the asking price for Lions WR Roy Williams is "at least" one first-round pick.

The Lions want to keep Williams in 2008. "I know the rumors are out there," coach Rod Marinelli said. "But those two guys together (Williams and Calvin Johnson), I want to see those guys." The Lions would rather deal Shaun McDonald, who could be an option for the receiver needy 49ers."

Archived