Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Detroit offering Roy Williams for a 2nd

MAATopDogg

Roy Williams for a 2nd? Didn't the Patriots get Randy Moss for a 4th rounder?

Why in the hell would anyone give a 2nd for this guy, with no where near the body of work? Roy has one 1000 yard receiving year out of the last four, the only year he stayed healthy and played all 16 games. Never had more than 10 TDs. There are probably just as many free agents with similar stats as this guy. Why give up a draft pick? Because he is two inches taller than the other options? Gimme a break. The call to get a receiver just because they are tall is pointless...

Can't we take advantage of other teams when they have a "problem player" just once?

With us running a more standard NFL offense now, I also think it would be easy to bring in a veteran at the time of the last cuts or one of those surprise cuts at the end of camp.

I'll definitely pass on this guy.

It's kinda like when some guy in a white van pulls up next to you and says, "Hey man, the store accidentally gave me two sets of these super-sweet speakers, but I only need one set. Do you want the second set for an awesome price?" (it didnt quote right but its quoted from. Larry Brown #43

LOL. the old extra box of speakers trick. the last time i saw one of those guys was in the white oak shopping center parking lot about a year ago. only this one was selling strawberrys in the parking lot of a grocery store. i mean why buy my fruit from the store when i can buy it from some random guy with a truck full of stolen fruit.:doh:

i would love to have roy for a 2nd but for some reason think it will cost more than that in the end.

I would say hells yeah - we could use the second on an unproven rookie WR from the draft or trade it for a young beast reciever that is a proven talent. No question in my mind.

1st - DE/DT beast

2nd - Trade for Williams

3rd - OT

5th - CB

6th - OG

7th - LB

That looks like a healthy draft to me. :cheers:

I would say hells yeah - we could use the second on an unproven rookie WR from the draft or trade it for a young beast reciever that is a proven talent. No question in my mind.

1st - DE/DT beast

2nd - Trade for Williams

3rd - OT

5th - CB

6th - OG

7th - LB

I like this draft as well.

1st - DE/DT beast

2nd - Trade for Williams

3rd - OT

5th - CB

6th - OG

7th - LB

Guard is much more of a need than tackle. At tackle the Skins have Samuels, Jansen,and Heyer. At Guard they have Kendall (who is undersized) and Thomas (who has missed a ton of playing time). Fabini is a free-agent. At least Tackle has some depth.

Also, I'm not sure the Skins want to take on Williams' salary demands.

He is not available for a 2nd. More like a 1st and MORE.

http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/491679.html

NFL sources insist Lions receiver Roy Williams is available through a trade, but the asking price is at least one first-round draft pick

Well that stinks... Lions are getting greedy. Must be to make up for all those other drafts they waisted on receivers.

Next victim! Err I mean possible suitor :D

Similar to DeAngelo Hall, you really have to wonder why a team would be shopping someone so young and talented, for such a relatively low price.

The Lions invested an early first rounder in Williams, and the Falcons invested an early first in D. Hall. And now they are each trying to get rid of these guys.

Think about that for a moment before getting all excited. You don't see the Chargers shopping LT, or the Skins shopping Landry, do you?

I'm always wary when a team is trying to unload a guy who is young and so talented. There's usually a reason for it.

It's kinda like when some guy in a white van pulls up next to you and says, "Hey man, the store accidentally gave me two sets of these super-sweet speakers, but I only need one set. Do you want the second set for an awesome price?" RED FLAG.

Thank you. Something fishy going on here...

I've always like Roy, but I am nervous that the lions know something we don't about him. I remember thinking Seattle was making a mistake by giving away Darrel Jackson to a division rival last year, but it turns out they knew what they were doing.

The only thing the lions know is that they have too many WRs and they just drafted C. Johnson so they'd rather keep him (big salary) and not have to pay Roy a giant salary he has earned.

Archived