Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Detroit offering Roy Williams for a 2nd

MAATopDogg

This is hilarious. The guy is a probowl player with other teams interested in him. It's not like the Redskins would have any kind of leverage to use such a tactic.

Maybe we could get him for the vet minimum too?

:doh:

Well if he's so great, why is Detroit shopping him????.

Let the other teams take him. 1 probowl selection and he's Randy Moss now. You would give the bank away. thats hilarious!

This is the logic I hate.

If we keep saying "Don't get this guy, Randy Moss only cost a 4th rounder," than nothing will get done. It's the stupidest way to think about FA. Randy Moss was an extremely different situation.

I totally agree, I hate when people say that to. It's like ever since the Pats got Moss for a 4th rounder, some people think the value of every FA WR not equal to Moss should be a 4th rounder.

I totally agree, I hate when people say that to. It's like ever since the Pats got Moss for a 4th rounder, some people think the value of every FA WR not equal to Moss should be a 4th rounder.

With our history I would think the Redskins are guarded from giving to much for guys with Big names that didn't perform. Id rather take a chance and draft a young stud.

We are about $150k below. We have not even reworked Portis, Washington, or made any big cuts. We still have MB (FA on 2/28), Rock Cartwright (FA), Daniels (possible cut), and others that free up money. We could easily reach $15-20M under if we need it.
I suppose. But reworking all these deals is killing the team long term for a short term gain. The players certainly benefit though. I wonder if we'll see an uncapped year soon. If so, we can catch up on this matter and hopefully eliminate it.

Offer our 2nd from next year's draft and a 7th from this year - just to get it done and eliminate the competition from other teams. Besides, a 7th round draft picks rarely work out (Rock being the exception) and we should be able to find a gem or three from the UDFA pool.

This is the receiver that I want. Get it done Mr. Snyder, Mr. Cerrato, and Coach Zorn.

i like it. this way we can still draft on both sides of the line and add a little depth and db

I would definitely do it for a second rounder/09. I'd even throw Bumb Lloyd in the deal.
Unfortunately, throwing Lloyd in on any deal will kill it. Can't see anybody taking on that contract, and if they were really interested in him they will be waiting for him to be cut.

Sadly, we may have to keep BL for cap reasons. If that is the case, Zorn might as well give him another shot. If BL buckles down and catches some slants over the middle in preseason, and works on his separation, maybe we could resurrect him. I'm not counting on that happening though.

OK here is my thinking. And I know that this can NEVER happen because of our cap situation. But for off-season's sake I must pose this. In 3 separate deal we trade our 1st, 2nd, and even next years first for Roy Williams, DeAngelo Hall, and Michael Huff. This is Madden 08 worthy and though financially IMPOSSIBLE still looks sexy to me. Why gamble on a late 1st rounder when you can trade for a 23 something proven player? Alright I'm done :laugh:

Rod Marinelli told ESPN's rumor central that Roy Williams WILL NOT BE TRADED this offseason. He says that there is no way that the Roy Williams will be playing anywhere else and he reiterated his determination to make Roy and Calvin the best WR duo in the NFL.

Sorry Guys, I trust ESPN more than I trust draftdaddy.

The Lions claim they have no plans to trade Williams, and are looking forward to seeing Williams and second-year wideout Calvin Johnson fulfill their potential as an elite pass-catching duo.

"I know the rumors are out there, but no," Lions head coach Rod Marinelli told The Detroit Free Press. "Those two guys together, I want to see those guys where they can really impact the game."

Williams has already established himself as one of the league's elite wide receivers. The 26-year-old had 63 catches for 836 yards and five touchdowns last season before missing the final four regular-season games with a knee injury."

ESPN.com

Archived