Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Detroit offering Roy Williams for a 2nd

MAATopDogg

From RotoWorld:

"League sources tell the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that the asking price for Lions WR Roy Williams is "at least" one first-round pick.

The Lions want to keep Williams in 2008. "I know the rumors are out there," coach Rod Marinelli said. "But those two guys together (Williams and Calvin Johnson), I want to see those guys." The Lions would rather deal Shaun McDonald, who could be an option for the receiver needy 49ers."

Well damn, I knew it was too good to be true!

:mad:

From RotoWorld:

"League sources tell the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that the asking price for Lions WR Roy Williams is "at least" one first-round pick.

The Lions want to keep Williams in 2008. "I know the rumors are out there," coach Rod Marinelli said. "But those two guys together (Williams and Calvin Johnson), I want to see those guys." The Lions would rather deal Shaun McDonald, who could be an option for the receiver needy 49ers."

I would not give up a 1st round pick for this dude.

Here is the real issue with this and the reason I would not touch it...it is fairly well documented how much Williams misses his home state (Texas) and how much he wants to go back there to play when his current contract is up. Anyone trading for him right now would need to believe that he is the missing piece to a championship run in the very near future (like this year) because he is not likely to resign with that team before the end of this contract.

That means you are giving up a draft pick that would likely start for your team for the next 5 or so years, assuming you draft well, for a guy who will be playing like one year for you before he tries to sign with either Houston or Dallas in FA. You have to assume he will to be attractive to Jerry in Dallas next off season with the age of Owens and Glenn and the poor hands shown by anyone below them on the roster combined with the head room the Cowboys have under the cap and that new stadium opening in 2009. This is just the sort of move Jerry would jump on, I think.

Sorry but I don't see the Skins competing for a Super Bowl this very next season so I say no, let someone else rent Williams for the year.

There's only one way I would give them a 1st rounder for roy....

Here's the deal!

I would give them our 1st rounder in 09' if they swap 1st rounders this year!

Skins(#21) and the Lions(#15)=This would have to flip flop...

Giving us their #15th pick in the 1st and lions get the #21...

Otherwise we keep our picks period!

we're already probably gonna draft a wide reciever whos unproven so might as well get one who IS proven.
How do you know for sure that we are even going to draft one?

I can't really see anything wrong in us using next years #2. This years I'd be kinda leary. I was hoping that that might be the pick that we might use to maybe get a decent offensive lineman.

we're already probably gonna draft a wide reciever whos unproven so might as well get one who IS proven.

Exactly...Roy Williams is definitely worth a 2nd and is better than any of the WR's in the draft or in FA besides Moss...I think you put him with Santana, and have El in the slot with Mix as the #4...

I actually would'nt mind getting Williams and picking Sweed also. Get rid of Lloyd and McCardell. :2cents:

Haha, sorry but that's a bit overkill. Williams, Moss, Randle El, Sweed???

We have plenty of needs to upgrade depth on both the O-line and D-line, along with possibilities of getting players at CB, LB.

Haha, sorry but that's a bit overkill. Williams, Moss, Randle El, Sweed???

We have plenty of needs to upgrade depth on both the O-line and D-line, along with possibilities of getting players at CB, LB.

I know I know, I was just kinda day dreaming. :)

Can you imagine that line up though? I wish that we could some how trade up with someone to maybe get another second rounder.

roy williams would be too good to be true!

even if its a 2nd... our priorities are on the line right? this year's draft happens to be deep for DL. i say give this and next year's 2nd for him and draft DT in 3rd.

that way when we have the 30-32nd pick next year... itll be like a 2nd and a 3rd!

hail

Archived