Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Indiana Jones and the Kindgom of the Crystal Skull Trailer!!!!

EvoSkins

I've been looking forward to this as well.........but damn that title sucks. "The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"??

The Indiana Jones movies seem to fair in quality along the lines with their titles:

Raiders of the Lost Ark = cool title, kick-ass movie

Temple of Doom = suck title, suck movie

The Last Crusade = pretty good title, pretty good movie (not as good as first, way better than the second)

The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull = suck title, ??? movie

What's with all the movies with 60-something year old action stars? First Rambo, now this. Can't Hollywood come up with any new characters? Aren't there any good young action stars? I'll be watching this movie expecting Indiana Jones' back to go out or for him to have an arthritis attack while trying to use his whip.

Nice! I've only really seen parts of the older films, but Im gonna make sure I watch them in time for this one. It comes out on my b-day too :D

I look back on Raiders a whole lot more fondly than any of the first 3 Star Wars movies. Your pop culture education is lacking if you haven't seen Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I've been looking forward to this as well.........but damn that title sucks. "The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"??

The Indiana Jones movies seem to fair in quality along the lines with their titles:

Raiders of the Lost Ark = cool title, kick-ass movie

Temple of Doom = suck title, suck movie

The Last Crusade = pretty good title, pretty good movie (not as good as first, way better than the second)

The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull = suck title, ??? movie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_skull

The subject matter has been covered in all 4 of the Indiana Jones novels. I hope it translates well to the silver screen.

What's with all the movies with 60-something year old action stars? First Rambo, now this. Can't Hollywood come up with any new characters? Aren't there any good young action stars? I'll be watching this movie expecting Indiana Jones' back to go out or for him to have an arthritis attack while trying to use his whip.

I think that is part of the point, at least for this movie.

Max McCoy's four Indiana Jones novels feature segments on Indy's search for a Crystal Skull:

Indiana Jones and the Philosopher's Stone, 1995 -

Indiana Jones and the Dinosaur Eggs, 1996 -

Indiana Jones and the Hollow Earth, 1997 -

Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Sphinx, 1999

Interchange "Indiana Jones" with "Harry Potter" for any of those titles and you could swear J. K. Rowling is a ghostwriter for the series... :laugh:

Archived