Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ABC7: Mooch Sitting w/ Skins-NOT TRUE: YET (merged)

He has passion. Even though he failed in both jobs this team is better than any others he took over for. I welcome him to DC.

Anyone smell a possible push to get Roy Williams?

Please explain how this team is better than any others and why Mooch would do better here than in his previous 2 HC jobs that he failed so miserably at.

You know times are bad when we have fans here that actually get excited over a guy like this, a 2 time loser. Even Fizzel looks like a genius compared to this joker.........:doh:

Not that it matters because the rest of the coaching staff is pretty much in place, but who are Mariucci's guys? Who would he try to bring with him if he's named? Who followed him from San Fran to Detroit?

Surely he'd bring Deion from NFL Network for *some* position! (Besides, didn't Deion get some $$$ for nothing in his final year of the redskins contract?...maybe it's time he paid that back to Dan in the form of coaching support)

tongue-in-cheek reply finished ;-)

I have gone from viewing Mooch as a good alternative to F_ _ _ _ _ (I hate to type his name out ... bad luck! :silly: ) to really being excited about the prospect of him coming here!

Do it Dan, DO it!!!! :applause:

MOOCH IS THE RIGHT ONE BABY!

Me too, I am about ready to change my sig. As a matter of fact I think I will change it right now!

I don't get it. I really don't. Why does everyone want a coach with a 75-71 career record? Is mediocrity okay with you guys? Including playoffs he has had a 150 games in this league to prove he can't do it. In SF he lost several home playoff games. We don't resemble the 9ers of the 90's here in DC. Face it we resemble the Lions of 03-05 more than anything. This would be a stupid move. I swear the rational and clarity of this fan base is piss poor these days.

If Dan Snyder hires this guy over Ron Meeks he is even more of an ******* that I thought.

Uh....... most of that mediocre record that he has is because he was stuck with the Lions for so long.

Meeks hasn't done **** other than have one of the worst run defenses in the league the last few years. It's pretty easy to have a great pass defense when you have a very good and an elite bookend rushing the passer and when you have an offense that is so potent it makes the other team give up the run and go primarily with the pass.

I swear the rational and clarity of your post is piss poor.

I still have this creepy feeling Snyder isnt done with Fassel just yet. It concerns me that the Coordinators that we hired, were the names being thrown around when Fassell was interviewing.

Thats true, but if lets say Ryan was hired as def coordinator, then we would know for sure its fassel....Now its up in the air...

If its between Mooch and Fossil fuel, i hope we stick with the Mooch. I think he is a better candidate then anyone else besides maybe McDaniels or Spags. I wouldnt have minded Schwartz either to be honest.

Mm in the same boat with you...what about Meeks? I dont realy like him that much, you?

There seems to be a lot of opinion about the 2 without many details so I figure I'd post their respective Wikipedia data. I think you could argue that both have had their good and bad times as HC's!

Fassel's Career with the NYG's:

During Fassel's time as Giants head coach, his teams were known for numerous post-season runs in December and for winning big games, such as against the previously undefeated Denver Broncos in 1998. In 1997, he was named NFL coach of the year. He resurrected the career of quarterback Kerry Collins and received acclaim for his "playoff guarantee" in the 2000 season, during which he led the Giants to an improbable Super Bowl appearance.

However, his legacy as head coach for the Giants is mixed. Fassel's Giants were known for their disappointments against inferior teams in the regular season, as well as in the playoffs. The most notable loss was a shocking 39-38 loss to the San Francisco 49ers in the 2002 postseason, in which they blew a 38-14 third quarter lead. During the 2003 season, injuries decimated the Giants and he was fired amidst some controversy.

Fassel's Career with the Ravens:

Critics of Fassel have pointed to his lack of success after two seasons with the Ravens, in 2004 and 2005. During that time, the Ravens ranked near the bottom of the league in offense.

On October 17, 2006 it was announced that Fassel was fired from his post of Offensive Coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens.

Mariucci's Career with the 49er's:

Following his success with the Golden Bears, Mariucci was considered a leading candidate for several NFL coaching positions, and was hired to coach the San Francisco 49ers, then one of the top teams in the league.

Mariucci's 1997 team went 13-3 during the regular season, earning home-field advantage in the NFC. After defeating the Minnesota Vikings in the Divisional Playoffs, San Francisco hosted the Green Bay Packers in the NFC Championship Game, but lost 23-10 in a muddy, rainy contest at Candlestick Park. The defeat was the 49ers fourth NFC title loss of the 1990s, following losses to the New York Giants in 1990 and the Dallas Cowboys in 1992 and 1993. In 1998, the 49ers posted a 12-4 record and returned to the playoffs as a wild card team, but lost 20-18 in the divisional round to the eventual NFC champion Atlanta Falcons. Two losing seasons followed, but in 2001, the 49ers returned to the playoffs after a 12-4 season, once again to be eliminated by the Packers.

Mariucci's final season in San Francisco was 2002. The 49ers won the NFC West with a 10-6 record and beat the New York Giants in a controversial wild-card game, posting the second-biggest comeback playoff victory in NFL history. However, they were crushed 31-6 by the eventual Super Bowl champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the divisional round. On January 15, 2003, the 49ers fired Mariucci, reportedly after the coach lost a power struggle with general manager Terry Donahue.[1] As San Francisco's coach, he compiled a 60-43 (.583) record, while his teams earned playoff berths four times.

Mariucci's career with the Lions:

Mariucci was named the Lions' 22nd head coach on February 4, 2003, and was fired on November 28, 2005. He compiled a 15-28 record during that span. The decision to fire Mariucci came after a 27-7 loss on national television on Thanksgiving Day to the Atlanta Falcons.

Mooch failed in Detroit, but hey it's Detroit, who HASN'T failed in Detroit?

In San Francisco I honestly felt he was a scapegoat that got the shaft, I mean following Bill Walsh and Seifert is no easy task and he kept the team competative and actually I think they over-achieved based on the talent on the team. Once Owens turned sour on Garcia and as a 49er in general, Mooch took the fall for it.

Very true. I think a young guy like Spags or McDaniels is the best way to go. Mooch wouldn't be that bad and would be my third choice.

Spags is 48 and Mooch is 52 not that much young and he lacks experience. Anytime someone brings up McDaniels at 31 its oh he is too you so if were going on age lets go with Mooch at least he has proven he can win.

****er?

___

:laugh:

That was my first thought. Like I said in other posts, I love the idea of us getting Mooch. My only concern is that we already have a deal pretty much done with someone else who picked our coordinators - if not, we are doing the process backwards, but whatever works :point2sky

Archived