Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: Zorn and Blache named coordinators

Art

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

January 26, 2008

“The process of selecting a new head coach continues, although no hire is planned until after the Super Bowl so as not to distract from the Championship game as well as to keep open all our options,” Snyder added. QUOTE]

I for one think it would be a welcomed distraction. I am soooo sick of the rehashed regurgetated NE/NY topics. Same thing over and over again. The 1st week tween championship games and the SB are OK. After that it's re-deaux.

distract from what?

as though the football world is hnaging on what Snyder does. It would be noted and then forgotten by most NFL fans.

what ann egomaniacal dumb arse.

I'm not aware of any precedent in pro or college football where the Offensive and Defensive coordinator were hired before the head coach. Did Dallas do this with Jason Garrett? I'm a little confused about this whole process. Don't coaches usually want to pick their own staffs? What coach would want to take the HC job here without having any say in the assistant coaches?

Just wondering...has there ever been a HC candidate that was fired from his coordinator position before the HC position was even filled? Completely bizarre that a candidate could go from being the top choice to being fired before a hire is made.

I wouldn't call that continuity. I'd call it...

Snyderatto!

Dan Snyder is an owner who wants puppets to run his team so he has final say.

GW was not about to be a puppet and said so; hence did not get the job. The next HC will be another puppet who will be willing to cash in big and work with

the OC and DC. Thats a menu for instant chaos within. Dan Snyder is a rich fool.

I take back including Al. He should have know it was coming. There have been questions there for two years. I still think Al is a great OC with the right people to execute his offense.

The problem about Al is, frankly, he was trying to run a possession-style offense with Speed receivers. I daresay we need to try and open things up a little bit more. One of my huge criticisms of Gibbs was his conservatism on offense. We've got two receivers with great speed in Santana and Randle El. Since Zorn specializes in QB development, I think he's a good find for the 'Skins if we can't get Saunders back.

"although no hire is planned until after the Super Bowl so as not to distract from the Championship game as well as to keep open all our options,"

Good lord this must mean that the person he wants could be in the SUper Bowl, otherwise, why the worries about distractions?

News 4 just did a piece on this.. a couple things I noticed.

1. Nothing new that we haven't covered here. Shocker..

2. You'll never seen a picture of Blache with his head gear on straight.

3. They did a piece on fan reaction, and part of that piece was a spot on extremeskins. They even displayed some of our posts - in HD! See, we do matter!

4. They got Vinny, trying to get in his car. And when asked about whether GW said something "disrespectful" about Gibbs during the interview. Vinny didn't deny it, but said: "no comment, we don't talk about the interviews in public. We keep it in house."

5. Dan Snyder's got a really nice Maybach limousine. And they even showed his license plate number - which I think is borderline irresponsible given public sentiment.

maybach_57_2006.jpg

We need to go back to the old days when FOOTBALL GUYS owned football teams. To Snyder, the Redskins are just another investment - another toy. I wonder if he cares about whether the team does well more than how much it'll help or hurt his own oversized pocketbook.

We need a real general manager - like Bobby Beathard back in the day.

Can Dan Snyder suck anymore? I have been a fan all my life and have never seen a worse owner. He wouldn't have a team without the redskins fans, but he seems to care less. I just don't get it. Clearly Gibbs isn't providing much help in the search. He moved on fast. Our players are gone too.. just watch. The defense Williams setup that has been such a rock will be gone.. so sad. :(

What if its Dennis Green?

I don't really care anymore. I think Blache will be almost the same as Williams really. But why couldn't Saunders get a chance to run his offense here? Because you just know that he will go to STL now and have a top 5 offense and we will be scratching our heads for a year + while our offense learns a new playbook again. Campbell could be Ramsey 2.0

Campbell could be Ramsey 2.0, please don't say that. I was a huge Ramsey supporter, and now a huge Campbell supporter. I believe Campbell has alot more talent than Ramsey. Ramsey could throw a football(and javelin), but Campbell can do that plus the ability to scramble. We all know that our offense should have produced alot more with the talent. Keeping Blache(continuity), and a fresh start on offense is not the worst, and at least the coaches are getting younger. I love Gregg Williams and what he did, i'll always will. Saunders never showed me anything, so i'm excited where things are going. I'm kinda hoping for Josh McDaniels, a little bit of that winning stuff from the Patriots can't hurt.

:helmet:

Campbell could be Ramsey 2.0, please don't say that. I was a huge Ramsey supporter, and now a huge Campbell supporter. I believe Campbell has alot more talent than Ramsey. Ramsey could throw a football(and javelin), but Campbell can do that plus the ability to scramble. We all know that our offense should have produced alot more with the talent. Keeping Blache(continuity), and a fresh start on offense is not the worst, and at least the coaches are getting younger. I love Gregg Williams and what he did, i'll always will. Saunders never showed me anything, so i'm excited where things are going.

:helmet:

Ramsey's issue was that Steve Spurrier's offensive gameplan didn't involve blocking. By the time he could have done something, he was so gun-shy he was scared to throw the ball. Jason Campbell's made of tougher stuff because he played at Auburn, an SEC school. I've seen JC stand in there and take some SHOTS - but does he act like he's scared in the pocket? HECK, NO. Campbell will not be Ramsey 2.0. I don't think he'll allow himself to be that.

I don't think the sky is falling. I think these are two very good coaches who are gonna do great for us. Zorn has done an awesome job at Seattle. A lot of Seahawks fans are pissed they wanted him to be their OC next year. I think this guy is gonna do a great job. Blache on the other hand is a players coach, and he's got the full backing of the team. I think he's gonna do a great job too. Now we just need a good head coach, and I think we're in really good shape.

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE MENTAL INSTITUTION AND WHY ARE YOU NOT TAKING YOUR MEDICINE??

Archived