Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: Zorn and Blache named coordinators

Art

I'm sorry, but I fail to understand the logic in hiring coordinators before the head coach. It's like buying tires before you get the ride!

You narrowed your HC choices to candidates with similar philosophies of your coordinators. Or worse, with conflicting philosophies.

I'm thinking it's already Fassell and some sort off snag was hit. Other than that, the hirings have been illogical.

Even in business, that would not make sense, hiring sub-executives before the CEO? The CEO would be the after-thought...You create an air of mistrust. Hiring a head coach first, then letting him pick his coordinators, the way Gibbs did, is the normal way of progression.

Picking and choosing "best-of-breed" then hoping it magically comes together just doesn't work. We already saw it with the "best" free-agents being brought in and the majority thought was that's good enough. It hasn't worked with players. I don't think it will either with coaches.

If you are charged in your profession to lead an endeavor, would you elect to choose your own staff or have one predetermined for you? If nothing else mattered to you other than winning, you would choose like-minded people to work for you and not walk into a situation where you basically do nothing? Heck, in football, there's only 3 teams: offense, defense, and special teams! If the head of each one is already selected for you. What the heck is there for you to do? Convince them to do what you want? A head coach worth his salt would want to choose his own staff: offense, defense, and special teams. What the front office seems to want is a figurehead, a "yes-man". The head coach of this team is already selected. It is Dan Snyder. The more things change the more they stay the same... :(

:

2. You're being melodramatic. The Redskins haven't gone 3-13 or worse since 1994, and they won't start again after a playoff season.

Not out of the realm of possibility. Remember, the Ravens were 13-3 last year and went 5-11 this year. That's 8 more losses. Collapses can happen, but I hope it doesn't here.

Campbell is the perfect person for a west coast style offense, NOT!!!! Might as well trade Campbell while he has some value, while you are at it trade Portis as well. The team will suck next year, might as well get value for the good players before their stock falls. It will be interesting to see how many players re-neg contracts to make cap space.

Honestly though, Campbell is not a good fit for the west coast offense, he does not have a quick release and he has a real hard time putting touch on the ball. It really appears that everything that Gibbs put together is being dismantled. If I were Portis I would not re-neg he can catch on with a better team that has a better chance of winning a championship.

Portis will be trade bait or cut if does not re-neg

Springs will be cut because he refuses to re-neg

Griffin will be cut if he does not re-neg

Jantzen re-signed to a fat contract but I do not know how much guaranteed he may be cut as well

Washington will be cut if he does not re-neg

With the exception of Jantzen I think there would be demand for these players in FA. Where would you rather be here with DannyBOY or maybe on the Giants, Colts or Cowboys. Teams with a legitimate chance for a title.

Ouch

Campbell is the perfect person for a west coast style offense, NOT!!!! Might as well trade Campbell while he has some value, while you are at it trade Portis as well. The team will suck next year, might as well get value for the good players before their stock falls. It will be interesting to see how many players re-neg contracts to make cap space.

Honestly though, Campbell is not a good fit for the west coast offense, he does not have a quick release and he has a real hard time putting touch on the ball. It really appears that everything that Gibbs put together is being dismantled. If I were Portis I would not re-neg he can catch on with a better team that has a better chance of winning a championship.

Portis will be trade bait or cut if does not re-neg

Springs will be cut because he refuses to re-neg

Griffin will be cut if he does not re-neg

Jantzen re-signed to a fat contract but I do not know how much guaranteed he may be cut as well

Washington will be cut if he does not re-neg

With the exception of Jantzen I think there would be demand for these players in FA. Where would you rather be here with DannyBOY or maybe on the Giants, Colts or Cowboys. Teams with a legitimate chance for a title.

After all the bad will that Snyder has created I don't see any players re-negging anything. Wait for the mass exodus.

The more I read about this, the more it be comes clear, Fassil is who they are going to hire as HC. If he is, im going to call him Fossil till he wins us at least 2 superbowls.

You may be able to hire a coach or two without the approval of the HC, but hiring and re-signing the entire defensive and offensive staff before the HC is hired? That means you already have "hired" him, you just havent formally announced it yet. I think they just wanted to get Blache signed first, so fans would be more forgiving. "Look, its not so bad". But I cant see any HC coming in with every single position on both sides of the ball already set up. No coach would do that.

When the FO claims that they are hiring who their candidates suggested, should really read "candidate" singular. They just dont want you to think it was Fassil(it was a group effort they claim). So at this point, unless Spagwhatever has an incredible series of interviews, Fassil is our new HC.

I am going to start rooting for the Colts, like Peyton, like their Coach and I do not even know who the owner is because he does not f??? with the team.

You picked a whopper of an example! :doh:Their owner is Jim Irsay, son of Bob Irsay who moved the Colts out of Baltimore in the middle of the night. Bob Irsay was the most hated man in Baltimore until his death in 1997, and even though his son is not as disliked (and is a pretty good owner IMO) you can still find Baltimorons who will turn red at the name Irsay.

Whatever Dan Snyder has done, at least he hasn't moved the team to Des Moines!

I'm thinking it's already Fassell and some sort off snag was hit. Other than that, the hirings have been illogical.

Ironically, I think we (the fans, especially on ES and other message boards and talk radio) were the snag. I think after seeing our reaction, the team decided that they needed to separate the anger about not promoting GW from the feelings about Fassel. So this way they have over a week for people to work through being mad about GW's firing and perhaps be a bit more receptive to Fassel. Fassel might look a bit less bad compared with Meeks and Schwartz and whomever else they interview than he does compared with all of the fan emotions centered around GW getting the job.

I'm sure they're still not expecting a big welcome party for Fassel, but I think this way they're hoping at least to avoid a mob armed with pitchforks and torches outside Redskins Park.

Does anyone know why Russ Grimm hasn't been mentioned as a possibility by the Skins, the media or the fans? He was good enough to almost get the Bears job 4 years ago, and was considered for the Steelers job last year, so why not for the Skins? I don't get it. Does anyone remember the Redskins from 82 to 91? Anyway, please check out my article on Art Monk for the Hall of Fame at http://www.coachmike.net/artmonk/artmonk.htm. Thanks.

As someone who has been a fan since the 1940's. I have finally given up on Snyder.By not keeping our DC an OC in tact, he has guatenteed us a rebuilding Decade. I for one am done with Snyder, and will hit him where it counts. Mon, I will cancel my Fedex account for our Co(apx 420K/Mo). I will no longer attendSix Flags that Snyder ownes.Furthermore, I will phone all advertisers and anyone associated with Snyder and tell them why my business will no longer be patronizing their company.

Snyder, just refuses to understand the reason why the Skins are so special. the players and coaches are a part of our community. by treating Greg Williams with such disrespect and forcing Campbell to learn from now his 7th OC, its clear to me that Our Redskins will be so better off with new ownership. Take away Dan's marketing machine, and he will sell the team.

OK OK..... I can live with this and actually like all of these moves. Snyder, other than an obvious inability to communicate, has done well here. By hiring the staff first it removes that power from the head coach. If that head coach ultimately fails then he can be replaced without gutting the entire franchise and starting over. This means that we are beginning to develop a "Redskins philosophy" that will endure no matter who the coach is. We now have young studs on staff who may one day rise from within - Olividatti and Zorn... Continuity has been preserved. Our defensive scheme remains intact... Saunders was an obvious misfire from day #1 and hate to say it but that was Gibbs' biggest failure during tenure.. He failed to develop his successor (makes two times now)...I am hoping that the new coach comes from NY Giants or Pats..... NOT Fassel!!! We're going to be alright. GO SKINS!!!!!

Sounds fine to me... Blache had a closer hand in the defense anyway. I kinda liked Saunders' offensive plan, but not the playcalling, so maybe this will help. Obviously they have a Head coach in mind, to hire 2 assistants says that they're pretty sure about a head coach or at least the the system that the head coach will run. Hail Skins!! Zorn doesnt seem like too bad a move...:dallasuck

We're not making a team of people that look good together, we're trying to assemble a coaching staff that can use the overabundance of talent that we have on this team. There is too much talent on this team to be a mediocre team year in and year out. If we had all the best coaches, would you be mad if we wanted to hire new team talent? Playcalling wasnt very good this year. We released 2 assistant head coaches, not coordinators!

As someone who has been a fan since the 1940's. I have finally given up on Snyder.By not keeping our DC an OC in tact, he has guatenteed us a rebuilding Decade. I for one am done with Snyder, and will hit him where it counts. Mon, I will cancel my Fedex account for our Co(apx 420K/Mo). I will no longer attendSix Flags that Snyder ownes.Furthermore, I will phone all advertisers and anyone associated with Snyder and tell them why my business will no longer be patronizing their company.

Snyder, just refuses to understand the reason why the Skins are so special. the players and coaches are a part of our community. by treating Greg Williams with such disrespect and forcing Campbell to learn from now his 7th OC, its clear to me that Our Redskins will be so better off with new ownership. Take away Dan's marketing machine, and he will sell the team.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! I AM SOOOO GLAD TO SEE THERE ARE OTHERS OUT THERE. IF WE WANT TO CHANGE THE WAY THINGS ARE DONE, WE HAVE TO HIT danny WHERE IT COUNTS. EVERYONE SHOULD DO THIS!!!!!!

SPREAD THE WORD.... DO NOT USE FEDEX, DO NOT VISIT SIX FLAGS, DO NOT DO ANYTHING WITH HIS ADVERTISERS... This is what we the fans can do.

I must say I am embarrassed to say I am a Skins fan. Our owner has just spent his last "get out of jail free card". We cannot sit back and let him ruin this franchise.

We must hit him where it hurts. Stop supporting all sponsors to the Skins.

I cannot believe he has treated the coaching staff, the players and the fans with such disregard and DISRESPECT!

YES YES YES.....Dan Snyder is a PRICK! The reason he let go of GW is because of the word that leaked that GW would consider taking himself out for the running of HC. Guess what? Dan wanted to beat him to the punch, because is ego could not accept another NO .

Dan Snuder is a fool.... lets all picket in front of his house that he sell the team.....Worst owner I have ever seen in my entire life that talk about continuity during JG retirement press conf.

Continuity my ass dan snyder

I tried to tell all the greg williams fans out there he would not be the next head coach.He can lead the defense but he is not a very good offensive minded guy.I still say with zorn in place dont count out jim mora jr just yet he may reenter the picture.

Archived