Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: Zorn and Blache named coordinators

Art

What a sorry pitiful post. Is there a real fan site anywhere around here?

Everyone is screaming about hiring a DC and OC before a HC, and about GW's 4 meetings when they "knew" they were not going to hire him. Ridiculous. Were any of these abusive critics IN those meetings????? Do any of you KNOW what happened in there????? Cmon guys!! For all any of us know, there were things said in those meetings that CHANGED the mind of the owner and his team. That's WHY they have these meetings.

Here's my take on what has happened so far. I personally believe that Dan has already (probably several days ago) decided on the next HC, has talked to him (secretly), and has confirmed with him the OC/DC selections. Then he hired them before they could go anywhere else. He let AS and GW go, so they could have an opportunity to catch on elsewhere - the right thing to do. He did not want Blache following GW somewhere, so he had to lock him up now. NEXT, I believe he will announce Spags as HC after the SB. I think all this has been discussed and agreed with Spags. Just my 2 cents.

Please spare me the support for the idiot snyder. Just explain to me how this is continuity and the best for this team. I know what happened without being in the meetings. danny planned on hiring GW as HC until GW declined to be his yes man. danny could not give GW authority for his staff, so he told GW to hit the road. That 10 hour meeting was just like the 10 hour meeting trying to get JG not to retire. It was brat danny trying to get GW to agree to be his yes man and allow danny to pick the staff. And GW told him NO!!! GOOD FOR GW!!!!!

The only person danny has given authority to is JG, who is god in these parts. All other coaches have fallen to danny's childish ways. He has not learned anything....to our dismay and penalty.

Tell me how a top flight person is going to want to work in a backwards, erratic, freaking disaster of an organization. Have you heard one professional in the NFL, whether for or against the skins, say they feel like we have handled this situation in the best way???? We are the laughingstock and it did not have to be this way.

I love the Redskins, but despise danny. We must join together to not provide financial support to danny. We can still root for the team and wish the players the best, but we need doom for danny. Say no to advertisers for the skins!!!!!

What a sorry pitiful post. Is there a real fan site anywhere around here?

Everyone is screaming about hiring a DC and OC before a HC, and about GW's 4 meetings when they "knew" they were not going to hire him. Ridiculous. Were any of these abusive critics IN those meetings????? Do any of you KNOW what happened in there????? Cmon guys!! For all any of us know, there were things said in those meetings that CHANGED the mind of the owner and his team. That's WHY they have these meetings.

Here's my take on what has happened so far. I personally believe that Dan has already (probably several days ago) decided on the next HC, has talked to him (secretly), and has confirmed with him the OC/DC selections. Then he hired them before they could go anywhere else. He let AS and GW go, so they could have an opportunity to catch on elsewhere - the right thing to do. He did not want Blache following GW somewhere, so he had to lock him up now. NEXT, I believe he will announce Spags as HC after the SB. I think all this has been discussed and agreed with Spags. Just my 2 cents.

Well ....:secret: at least we all know now :insane: :D

and the headlines less than a year from now could read: "Laughingstock team of the NFL, now playoff bound. Bandwagoners all aboard"...:2cents:

I wish I could be called a bandwagoner. This is one thing I do not think you can call any fan that still roots for the skins. After 15 years of mostly pain and agony, anyone that is a Skins fan right now is certainly no bandwagoner.

But, I do hope you are right (at least from my care for the team standpoint). The problem with them winning is it would support danny's atrocious behavior, which I am not sure I can stomach any longer. And you know what, if they do win and get into the playoffs, the price of admission and hotdogs at the games just went up again. After all, it is really about making danny boy as much money as possible, right.....

I wish I could be called a bandwagoner. This is one thing I do not think you can call any fan that still roots for the skins. After 15 years of mostly pain and agony, anyone that is a Skins fan right now is certainly no bandwagoner.

But, I do hope you are right (at least from my care for the team standpoint). The problem with them winning is it would support danny's atrocious behavior, which I am not sure I can stomach any longer. And you know what, if they do win and get into the playoffs, the price of admission and hotdogs at the games just went up again. After all, it is really about making danny boy as much money as possible, right.....

I think your right, there isnt even a bandwagon to jump on right now. Believing in who has been hired before they have done anything here isnt jumping on there bandwagon, its just blind faith. If they win games of course I will be happy thats not jumping on any bandwagon. The only bandwagon right now is the Snyder bandwagon, and I think most skins fans would like to burn that one to the ground instead of jump on it.

Where is JG? I know that he resigned, but he said he was going to be a special advisor and that he hoped for continuity so that the next coach could continue what was built the last 4 years. Surely he has not advised this and surely this is not what JG calls continuity. I believe he needs to speak on his involvement in the cluster**** because I would be shocked if he advised or even supported nearly any of it.

JG needs to explain this master plan of continuity or explain he had nothing to do with the disaster. I love JG but am disappointed how he left us.

danny sucks!!!!!

Maybe he did give the owner his advice.

Maybe what we are doing is joe gibbs advice.

Who knows?

guys, that just further solidifies that Fassel will be the next head coach. They are just waiting to announce it until after the Super Bowl. they dont bring in Coordinators without a head coaches input and you know they already had Fassell ready to go in 2004 before Joe came back. its a great move to finish it off with Fassel...thats a very good coaching staff...i like GW, but he was terrible his las thead coaching gig

my apologies, didn't mean to label you as a "bandwagoner" as I did see that you indicated that you would still support the team regardless. That was directed more towards the "I'm ready to find a new team, never watch another skins game, sell all my **** on ebay", posters scattered throughout the stadium at the moment.

My quote of your post was simply to indicate my thoughts as to who cares if we are considered the laughingstock of the NFL at the moment if were rolling into the playoffs next year. If were not rolling into the playoffs, 75% of this boards members are gonna have plenty of ammo to fire away based on the current situation, but thats inevitable in here anyway.

HTST

HTJG

HTTR

I am a die hard fan and can sum up my current feelings in one word. Unbelievable! So much for continuity, and who "in their right mind" ever heard of naming your new offensive and defensive coordinators before having your new head coach onboard? After all of the time that has been put into learning the new offensive system and upgrading the defense... In less than a month this team has lost it's top three coaches. Guess it's back to the "turn the team upside down every two years mentality". Do you ever wonder what this team could have done this year if not for all of the injuries that were suffered early on? What's to old saying -- 'Rome wasn't built in a day' ... or even a couple of years. I am hoping that I am just having a very bad dream here...

:logo:

There will be a lot of familiarity on defense eventhough Williams is gone. I expect the defense to not slack off a bit although the scheme may be slightly different. As far as Zorn, it may fit Portis, who has played in a westcoast style of offense before. Moss played in that particular brand of offense for the Jets. Only time will tell if Jason Campbell will be ideal for a west coast style of offense.

I'm a realist Redskin fan. Snyder has been a black cloud over the DC area since he arrived. He comes across as a greedy, selfish mogul who picks and chooses the most "politically correct" times to shine a positive light on himself. He needs to learn from Abe Pollin. Stay out of every day team operations, become a fixture in your community and engage the fanbase that you attack the wallets of. Dont hide like a sissy. Come out and tell us the direction of our franchise time to time. Treat your own with respect. With at being said, I do think the Blache move was to save face with players and fans, but I will support Greg hard core. I still am growing increasingly frustrated with Snyder.

A frustrated Skins fan

A definate truth here!!! Leave football to the football folks!

I'm waiting for the announcement, but deep down, I just think "Fossil" is not where we need to go! Has anybody heard ANYTHING that points to an announcement before the Super Bowl?

And BTW, :dallasuck

Maybe when the Skins start piling up the losses next season, Snyder will wake up. I don't think he'll ever be able to dig his way out of this one.

Mr. Snyder, these next two paragraphs are directed specifically at you:

The only thing I think you understand is the bottom line. Perhaps an end to the decades-long home sellout streak for home opener next season will get your attention. Then seeing many thousands of empty seats at Fed Ex throughout the season will finally drive the point home that you don't know what you are doing.

Yes Mr. Snyder, this is your toy, and if you want to abuse and break it, and destroy a once proud franchise, I guess it's your right. But I hope you learn the consequences of being an ego maniac and then I hope the fan base rightfully punishes you by dumping you in the financial tank. After operating seriously in the red, maybe you'll have enough sense to step aside and let someone who knows how to act like an owner take your place.

Signed: A loyal fan since the days of Vince Lombardi

I would love nothing more than to have a great season next year, but at the same time, not give any credit to Snyder. We need to continue to support the REDSKINS.

DAN SNYDER IS NOT A REDSKIN!

Snyder is like a male Paris Hilton. A young brat with too much money who serves no purpose in the world. No talent, no clue, but somehow gets his nose all up in areas that it shouldn't be in. He is friends with Tom Cruise. Maybe he is also a Scientologist and this is all part of their plan to destroy the world. Tools.

Maybe when the Skins start piling up the losses next season, Snyder will wake up. I don't think he'll ever be able to dig his way out of this one.

Mr. Snyder, these next two paragraphs are directed specifically at you:

The only thing I think you understand is the bottom line. Perhaps an end to the decades-long home sellout streak for home opener next season will get your attention. Then seeing many thousands of empty seats at Fed Ex throughout the season will finally drive the point home that you don't know what you are doing.

Yes Mr. Snyder, this is your toy, and if you want to abuse and break it, and destroy a once proud franchise, I guess it's your right. But I hope you learn the consequences of being an ego maniac and then I hope the fan base rightfully punishes you by dumping you in the financial tank. After operating seriously in the red, maybe you'll have enough sense to step aside and let someone who knows how to act like an owner take your place.

Signed: A loyal fan since the days of Vince Lombardi

I agree, if we Stop providing financial support, then our voice will be heard. If only the fans would seriously not provide financial support to the skins or it's corporate sponsors. Stop using FEDEX. Stop buying merchandise. This is the only way, as fans, that we have a voice.

Good Grief, stop supporting the team, stop doing this and that. You know what I'm really sick and tired of hearing this crap. First off it's a game, yeah we follow it and hope that our lives are able to witness them succeed, but really, does it really matter whether our Skins win our lose? Does it really matter that Joe Gibbs is gone? At some point reality sets in, which is more important, whining and trying to take revenge on Snyder for perceived slights you feel? Or continuing the traditions that got you interested in Redskins football to begin with?

Archived