Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP - Redskins Expected to Name Fassel as New Coach

HapHaszard

Absolutely stunned if this plays out.

Gregg Williams would actually get pushed aside to bring in a guy who couldn't hold on to the Baltimore OC job?? Score 10 points a game and he'd have gotten a lifetime contract.

Are we sure this was the suckiest coach we could find? Was Rich Kotite not taking our calls?

So now we have a gm who is little more than Dan's mouthpiece and a coach who will be so grateful to get another shot at screwing up a team that he won't question a damn thing.

God help us if this is true...

Its just like finding a free agent that he really wants, instead of going with a young guy who has developed on the roster.

I was not a big advocate for Williams until he came in this year and had clearly swallowed his pride and diminished his ego. He earned that job this year though with the way he handled the players and everything that happened to this team.

Daniel Snyder is the stupidest owner ever....ever......ever!!! How could he expect this team to do anything if he follows through with this deal? I hated Fassel when he was in NY. I hated him when he was in Baltimore. I think he is nothing but a sniveling crybaby. He couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. His best friend Brian Billick fired him. What does that tell you? I have been a fan for 35 years but if this happens I will no longer be a fan. I have had enough of Snyder's B.S. already. Sell the team to someone with a clue, Dan! We could use an owner with more than just selfish ambition. Maybe if you grew a couple of inches you could see above all your B.S.

I was thinking to myself, okay, the Redskins are going to hire a new head coach. But there have been no reports about Fassel having worked with Jim Zorn before. Did Fassel ever coach him when Zorn was the QB at Seattle during the 1980s? Or have they ever worked together in Baltimore or even New York?

If not, then it could only mean Snyder and Cerratto are hiring who they want to hire instead of letting the new coach have any say on who he wants on his staff. Plus not keeping Greg around as defensive coordinator and mentioning Ryan is also a shady move.

Dan Snyder still hasn't learned a damn thing. Even when Spurrier was the coach he told the coach that Danny Wuerffel couldn't be on the roster, which to me was a grievious wrong. He fired Norv when we were still in playoff contention after trying to buy a Super Bowl by signing over the hill players to hefty deals. He fired Marty Schottenheimer because he finished 8-8 in just his only season as coach.

The Redskins will not be winners until Dan either stops playing fantasy football and let a football mind regulate the team, or if he sells the Redskins.

This is just too much to fathom. Can anybody say three years of sub .500 seasons. Jim Fassel and Jim Zorn...WTF! I remember when he played for Seattle but he wasn't that good and what makes him a better OC than Saunders and ****Rex Ryan. Fassel was fired as the OC in Baltimore last year, so now he's going to do wonders here as a HC. What in the hell is Snyder thinking about. They couldn't wait to get rid of him in NY about 7 or 8 years ago. This has to be about the stupidest thing Danny boy has done yet:doh: if it is true.

For what it's worth, Tiki Barber is completely endorsing the hiring of Jim Fassel. He said that Fassel has worked with Elway and Kyle Boller and that Boller actually produced pretty well under Fassel. I'm not happy about this move, however, I will give Fassel a shot at showing what he can do. And, if we can land Rex Ryan, could he possibly assemble defenses like his father did in Chicago and Philadelphia. Think about that for a minute folks, that's exciting.

Jim Fassel may not be the biggest dog on the porch, but the guy did have several playoffs teams and led the Giants to the SB. Not only did he lead the Giants to the SB, but he pulled a major upset against the Vikings in Minny when the Vikings first got Moss and was shattering every offense of record they're was. Unfortunately, the Giants ran into one of the best defenses of All-Time when it came to winning a SB. Because they certainly didn't have an offense nor a QB. And maybe Rex Ryan can help build our defense into one to be reckoned with. Because Danny wants to win a SB and in order for us to win a SB we must deal with the likes of Brady, Manning and another Manning and Romo sits to pee for years. But let's not forget, maybe those teams will have something to deal with in Jason Campbell if Jim Zorn can tutor him like I think he can.

Anyhow, we might as well get over it because what's done is done. So let's look at the strong points and maybe what this crew can bring to the table opposed to what not. Now! all we can do is hope the current players buy into the new regime and play their hearts out for them come first Sunday of the new NFL season.

HAIL

Those several playoff teams he lead only made it to the playoffs because the defense was lights out(all 3 had defenses that were top 5 in points allowed). The offenses those years(and in every year of his seven year tenure) were horrid. Always finishing in the bottom half of the league in points scored. Those defenses were lead by John Fox, who now resides with the Panthers.

As for the might as well get over it comment, we should just ignore the elephant in the room, because its more civil? The whole reason we are even in this predicament is people are just happy to sit down and let someone slap them around.

You also assume the current players will be here in the future. With a new HC, OC, and DC, half these players are either going to refuse to renogotiate, or most likely, wont fit into the new coaches systems, and will be gone in two years.

I heard from a reliable source that the Redskins are enamored with Kyle Boller after Fassell gave him a VERY strong endorsement. Because this is the last year of Campbell's contract, he will probably be given one last shot with Boller looking over his shoulder. Also, word is out that Portis will be traded to Cleveland for Lewis, with the addition of a 2nd round pick coming from the Redskins. It only makes sense, since we are about a day away from being the Washington Ravens.....

I heard from a reliable source that the Redskins are enamored with Kyle Boller after Fassell gave him a VERY strong endorsement. Because this is the last year of Campbell's contract, he will probably be given one last shot with Boller looking over his shoulder. Also, word is out that Portis will be traded to Cleveland for Lewis, with the addition of a 2nd round pick coming from the Redskins. It only makes sense, since we are about a day away from being the Washington Ravens.....

Wow. What complete petty nonsense.

A crystal ball is not a reliable source bud ;)

i feel that too
I posted something similar to this in another thread so let me give it a whirl here. Tell me what you think.

maybe Gibbs said **** it and walked away because he couldn't even deal with Dan Snyder and Cerrato.

You know Gibbs would NEVER utter an Ill word about the organization that he loves so deeply. So maybe he's just walking away into the Sunset. Man it would be so nice to know what he REALLY thinks about Dan. If my assumption is even correct

Archived