Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP - Redskins Expected to Name Fassel as New Coach

HapHaszard

I am just as sick as everyone else. I was sad when Coach Gibbs left but I figured hey we will bring Gregg Williams up as HC. Now all this talk of Fassell a new OC and Rex Ryan as DC. What is Snyder thinking? How can we let Williams walk like this? You had to think something was going on when Vinny boy was promoted to VP of football operations. Great move Snyder, the guy who ruined San Fran is now overseeing every bit of day to day operations here as well. I can tell you if I was some of the players who are getting ready to be asked to restructure contracts or up for free agency, I might think twice about coming back to Washington. That is so bad to say as a fan but lets be honest, we are rebuilding again and its going to be awhile before things get going again. What were the last 4 years for, just to give the fans a little hope and then crush us once again. Thanks Dan.

This makes no sense!!!! The team was finally starting to go in the right direction and the former telemarketer and his lacky decide to blow everything up so they could bring in a new HC who had one good year with the Giants, an OC with no experience, and a DC that did a good job running Marvin Lewis' defence (the George Seifert to Bill Walsh).

Are Snyder and Cerrato really Cowboys fans??? Why do they continue to screw everything up. of all the moves made since the former telemarketer bought the team what percentage of them actually worked???

Is there anyway to force Snyder to sell the team??? A petition??? Can roger Goodell make him sell the Redskins for the betterment of the league???

It is also good to know that Cerrato's screen name on the board is Total Recall.

Guest NebraSKIN

http://east-coast-bias.blogspot.com/2008/01/breaking-news-redskins-hire-jim-fassel.html

I'm done.

Dear Danny,

Is it not enough that you have made us suffer through Marty Ball, Spurrier, and Turner. Now Fassel?

Good Christ. I'm out.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/23/AR2008012302806.html?hpid=topnews

The Washington Redskins are expected to name Jim Fassel their new head coach and Jim Zorn has emerged as the top choice to be their new offensive coordinator, sources said this afternoon, but no deals have been finalized.

The hang-up is that the Redskins also want to name Rex Ryan as the team's new defensive coordinator, sources said. Ryan has been the defensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens for the past three seasons. But the Redskins have been stymied in their attempts to hire him because the Ravens still retain contractual rights that allow them to block Ryan from taking another defensive coordinator job.

The sides may reach an agreement, but Ravens ownership badly wants to keep Ryan, who is well-liked by Ravens players. Fassel and Ryan spoke as recently as last night, sources said, and Ryan interviewed with Redskins owner Daniel Snyder recently, according to sources.

Click on the link above for the rest of the article

To your comment:

So let me get this straight....we're changing the majority of the coaching staff, bringing in different philosphies (West Coast Offense and 3-4, 4-6 or whatever D) and expecting a our players i.e. JC and defense to change as well.

I see a major player overhaul as well.

Now that's a great plan Dan and Vinny....:doh:

How can bringing in the West Coast Offense (assuming that is what will be used) is a major player overhaul?

Take a look at the "skill" positions

JC is very good at the short - medium passes.

CP versitile running back, able to catch passes out of the backfield

SM, ARE small quick revceivers, with good hands.

CC good speed and good pass catching ability.

Now take a look at the 49er sof the 80's

Montana - great at the short to medium passes.

Craig - versitile running back able to make catches out of back field

Rice - undersized receiver, with good hands.

Francis - good pass catching tightend

Not to say that the skins will resemble the 49er's of the eighties, but implying that the current players can't play in any other system is BS.

If it is GW or JF I will support them. I have been a fan since 1980, and I am not quiting on them now.

Go Skins!

How can bringing in the West Coast Offense (assuming that is what will be used) is a major player overhaul?

Not to say that the skins will resemble the 49er's of the eighties, but implying that the current players can't play in any other system is BS.

If it is GW or JF I will support them. I have been a fan since 1980, and I am not quiting on them now.

Go Skins!

Great 1st post! :applause:

Go Skins!

Good first post. :cheers:

This makes no sense!!!! The team was finally starting to go in the right direction and the former telemarketer and his lacky decide to blow everything up so they could bring in a new HC who had one good year with the Giants, an OC with no experience, and a DC that did a good job running Marvin Lewis' defence (the George Seifert to Bill Walsh).

Are Snyder and Cerrato really Cowboys fans??? Why do they continue to screw everything up. of all the moves made since the former telemarketer bought the team what percentage of them actually worked???

Is there anyway to force Snyder to sell the team??? A petition??? Can roger Goodell make him sell the Redskins for the betterment of the league???

It is also good to know that Cerrato's screen name on the board is Total Recall.

How about reading more and posting less. :laugh: It's no secret that I don't like the current DC. And it's not secret I don't like Vinny. And I always criticized Snyder. Oh, and all your points are the same with Dallas last year and what was their record?

I hate the 3-4, especially when it means cutting all the great d-line talent we've built up.

Ryan uses the 4-3 and 3-4 and 5-3 and 3-6 and 3-5 and on and on and on.

He's not going to blow our defense up. Instead, we're pretty much assured some more talent on the Dline that we've all been screaming for.

Lots of talk on here about new HC and new OC. My opinion is JC has had three years to figure out what is going on and he's still lost. Forget conforming the offense around him at this point. He looks sharp one week and looks terrible the next. I know another new offense to learn. He's making millions of dollars, can any of you say that? He needs to adapt to whatever offense they want to run! I know I'd be out of a job if I said I'm not used to doing that. These guys are put on a pedestal and they better start earning their keep. Anyone who wants to rebut that look at your paycheck and compare it to his:doh:

I like what you're getting at. However, JC still needs some work on his accuracy and touch to be very good.

I don't agree with this, but I'll take a 'wait and see' approach, as always. It seems as though the Ravens are holding our feet to the fire regarding Rex Ryan. Look for us to give up some draft picks so Danny and his sidekick Vinny can have their way. But honestly, nobody will know until this time next year whether this is a welcomed overhaul, or a total disaster.

Forget conforming the offense around him at this point. He looks sharp one week and looks terrible the next. I know another new offense to learn. He's making millions of dollars, can any of you say that? He needs to adapt to whatever offense they want to run! I know I'd be out of a job if I said I'm not used to doing that. These guys are put on a pedestal and they better start earning their keep. Anyone who wants to rebut that look at your paycheck and compare it to his:doh:

I agree. :cheers: Stop babying the QB.

How about reading more and posting less. :laugh: It's no secret that I don't like the current DC. And it's not secret I don't like Vinny. And I always criticized Snyder. Oh, and all your points are the same with Dallas last year and what was their record?

The Dallas comparison is a joke. Wade and crew were caretakers running the Parcell's system until Garret was ready to take over. WHAT WERE THE MAJOR CHANGES TO THE TEAM ITSELF FROM THAT HIRE??? Vinny's new crew will most likely change everything around.

This Redskins team is by no doubt worldbeaters, but the owner and fake sorry excuse of a GM (or whatever his title is this week) need to realize that the rebuilding process this decision will put the team through will cause major changes. I do not see the players being on board with this HORRIBLE decision.

The Dallas comparison is a joke. Wade and crew were caretakers running the Parcell's system until Garret was ready to take over. WHAT WERE THE MAJOR CHANGES TO THE TEAM ITSELF FROM THAT HIRE??? Vinny's new crew will most likely change everything around.

This Redskins team is by no doubt worldbeaters, but the owner and fake sorry excuse of a GM (or whatever his title is this week) need to realize that the rebuilding process this decision will put the team through will cause major changes. I do not see the players being on board with this HORRIBLE decision.

Garrett was a QB coach in Miami. He was hired as the OC just before Wade was hired as the HC. And the new DC was Wade's secondary coach in San Diego.

WHAT WERE THE MAJOR CHANGES TO THE TEAM ITSELF FROM THAT HIRE???

Nine new coaches altogether. You can't tell me it was Parcell's system!

Archived