Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So.......... What do you do for a living ?

Pete

i'm a mechanical engineering student with a minor in deciphering condescending tones in internet messageboards :laugh:

what fun is being a football fan is you're chastised for putting in your $.02? I mean, I think you can discern the intelligent threads from the knee-jerk ones, right? But telling everyone to shut up and bend over for whatever decision is made seems... I dunno, fascist?

:notworthy

What good is discussing the game at all then? I don't know a lot about a lot of things. I have an opinion on most of them none the less. I try to understand them better when they interest me, as the skins do, but I still couldn't have the perspective of an insider. Does this keep me from having an opinion? You wouldn't have this high payin' second job if I didn't. :silly:

Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, I use the side door - that way my boss can't see me. After that I just sorta space out for about an hour. I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

Just watch "Office Space" I have that kind of job. :doh:

I've seen many references to...

"Panties in a bunch"

or

"Panties in a wad"

Is this the same as a wedgy?

:)

As a person who wears panties......I can say "panties in a bunch" is when your thong slides up too far.

"Panties in a bunch, is when you are NOT wearing a thong....but the panties get all bunched up so it FEELS like a thong.

;)

I suppose the concern here is that if Snyder is the one ultimately making the coaching decision, then what qualifies him, as a rich guy who bought a football team, more than anyone else? There are rumblings about Snyder being dissatisfied with Saunders. If that leads to Saunders being fired, well then...

But I agree 100% about fans not nearly being qualified enough to evaluate a coaching prospect. We see nothing but win-loss records and the like. Why hire Belichick from the Browns, then?

As a person who wears panties......I can say "panties in a bunch" is when your thong slides up too far.

"Panties in a bunch, is when you are NOT wearing a thong....but the panties get all bunched up so it FEELS like a thong.

;)

haha,wow. i dont know how you people got into that convo.....lol

well anyways, im a student still.high school senior, im thinkin of gettin a job so i can start stackin up some side money,lol

I heard the same bs when Spurrier was hired. Having been an avid football fan in Florida....everyone down here already knew that he wasn't even the best college coach in Florida--let alone a potentially good pro coach.

So, you speak for "EVERYONE DOWN HERE" in Florida when you say "[spurrier] wasn't even the best college coach in Florida?"

I am a fourth generation Floridian, and I have attended Gator games since I was old enough to walk to Ben Hill Griffin/Florida Field .. when Spurrier was still playing as the Heisman winning QB for the Gators. I went to most home games during the Spurrier years. *I* seem to remember the Gators winning a National Championship under Spurrier and the Gators being consistently ranked in the top 5/10 National all of those years! Who in the world do you think was "the best college coach in Florida" during those years if it wasn't Spurrier?!! Saint Bubby?! (PLEASE!)

That's a little revisionist if you ask me! You can knock Spurrier all you want in regard to his [non]performance in DC. He just didn't have the desire to clock in all of the hours required of an NFL coach. He's back where he always belonged in college ball. But to question his performance at UF is extremely disingenuous!

I think the original post was lost Pete.

Really I do.

But ya, I hear him loud and clear Blondie.

Way to many Drama Queens lately. (to say the least)

But who am I to judge? I'm just a union electrician out of IBEW26.

Since I own a Bed and Breakfast (albeit in Costa Rica and not Idaho) I feel that I am at least fully qualified to be the Offensive Coordinator of the Oakland Raiders.

behayesp? Is that near San Jose? and have you lived in hatteras before. I stayed in a bed and breakfast one time near San Jose. The man and the woman who answered the door saw me in a Sam & Omies t shirt and were sort of taken aback. If that was your house it was lovely, but I have to admit I had a much better time at the Hotel Del Ray. YOU KNOW IIIII'M SAYIN'! Bring on the *****s!

Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, I use the side door - that way my boss can't see me. After that I just sorta space out for about an hour. I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

Just watch "Office Space" I have that kind of job. :doh:

You sound like one of MY employees! .. and YES. You're fired.

i'm a mechanical engineering student with a minor in deciphering condescending tones in internet messageboards :laugh:

what fun is being a football fan is you're chastised for putting in your $.02? I mean, I think you can discern the intelligent threads from the knee-jerk ones, right? But telling everyone to shut up and bend over for whatever decision is made seems... I dunno, fascist?

nice

Pete -

I am a commercial real estate broker, which means I spend 90% of my day surfing the web for information on the skins. Seeing as I spend 60 hours a week in the office, I estimate that I am researching information on Free Agents/Mock Drafts/Potential Coaches for approximately 54 hours each week. That kind of work load in a professional setting certainly should qualify me as a professional talent evaluator...don't you think????????????

Maybe a professional information gathering person.

Can you go out on a field and identify good blocking tecnique from a OG. How about a QB's footwork. I'm sure you are on top of who's out there, and what there projected to be able to do, and I'm not knocking you dedication to the research. I just don't see it as the same as a person who's spent their entire career as an actual football person.

Service Advisor at a shop in Tysons Corner.....

Work with people every day, and i'm very in tune on the management part of things (hoping to work my way up so i'm trying to get my hands on everything).

Do i think this helps? Kind of, because i have people working for me on a regular basis and i see who does what, whos' good at what, and what it takes to get results

Quality controler for the # 1 Honda Automobile dealer in the north east, Mahwah Honda. Ast service manager Panda Pontiac. Head service advisor Manly Chevy. General manager World Wide Protection Systems (auto aftermarket whole sale), and there a few more I won't bother to list.

The automobile world and football world are so far appart. I know I'm not qualified. PS, you on the right track to a good living in the industry ;)

How am I being condescending by freely admitting I'm not qualified to chose a coach. I never said not to post opinions, shut up, bend over, or not to have fun discussing stuff. All I'm saying is that none of us are qualified to chose a coach, and we need to get behind that person once he's chosen.

I think the original post was lost Pete.

Really I do.

I fully expected it to kiddo :laugh: As long as folks are having a little fun, it's all good

Archived