Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So.......... What do you do for a living ?

Pete

That's right, what do you do for a living ?

I myself, work as a motorcycle tech. I can do stuff with engines that most can only dream about. I'm extremely good at what I do. I also know that being in the mechanical field for the majority of my life, I'm in no way qualified to evaluate professional football players, so knowing who the right person to take the job of head coach for the Washington Redskins is even farther from the relm of my skills.

So, is the job you do for your bread and butter each week involve evaluating NFL players, or upper managment of a pro team ? Ya know where I'm going here.................. don't ya :)

It seems that a very large part, if not all of the Redskins faithful have their panties in a whad over Vinny getting more controling power over the shape of the future Redskins teams, and the thought of Jim Fassel being the next coach of the Skins. The doom ang gloom posts have already started to fill the forum.

Ya, we all have a person we invission as the best choice to take over for Joe Gibbs, but the reality of it is, we don't know jack **** What will be will be, and as fans, weather we like it or not, need to embrace whoever is our next head coach. It's crucial to the team that we get behind the leadership in place. We can't condem that person before at least giving them a fair chance to prove the nay sayers wrong.

Now, I know all this is falling on deaf ears for the most part, but it needs to be said. I would also like to thank Zoony for his post concerning Vinny in the official press release thread, which inspired me to post this.

So, what do you do for a living :laugh:

I know that I jumped the gun on a few people the last couple of years only to be proved wrong. Thats the beauty of the NFL you just can't tell sometimes until you see it unfold. I agree give who ever gets the job a chance if he fails miserably and the players are speaking out to the media then can the guy.

well, im an author... but im also a martial arts instructor. so that should make me qualified to be an line coach or a linebacker coach. seems that i always hear about all these guys studying martial arts in the offseason for balance and stuff. i know merriman did it a couple years back.

and im looking at being a qb coach for high school next year if i have the time....and that qualifies me...to be a hs qb coach for a while. :D

Stockbroker.

And with all due respect Pete, genuinely, it doesn't take a NFL scout to be able to identify a team on the right path.....and a team on the wrong path.

I heard the same bs when Spurrier was hired. Having been an avid football fan in Florida....everyone down here already knew that he wasn't even the best college coach in Florida--let alone a potentially good pro coach.

What did I do? I turned off the tv for the Spurrier years. And thank God I did.

I understand that mods or employees of the organization may feel inclined to carry the pom poms.....but this appears to be another nightmare on deck.

Now if they come through with Cowher.....someone that knows football....this team can rock.

If we get another minion.......just have to wait until he is fired, and replaced with a good coach in the future.

That.....or just pray that Dan gets so frustrated after another two pathetic seasons that he sells the team.

:logo:

While I am now way qualified to evaluate talent. I know what track records are and Jim Fassel? Come on the guy was average at best and we are going to take him over Gregg Williams who knows the team better than an outside candidate? I am not a football personnel guy, although I play one on TV. . . you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that the track record of Coach Fassel is only a little better than that of Gregg Williams. Believe me, I really don't think that much of Williams, but if you are not going to get Cowher or Jimmy Johnson, then why get someone who doesn't know the players and would totally change a successful defensive system and more than likely uproot the offense as well. Basically, I can only imagine that next year will be shot and that is a shame because the schedule really doesn't look all that hard. I guess we will get an interim coach and then get either Cowher or JJ the following season. So much for learning things.

Since I own a Bed and Breakfast (albeit in Costa Rica and not Idaho) I feel that I am at least fully qualified to be the Offensive Coordinator of the Oakland Raiders.

great post :laugh:

I'm an archaeologist.

"Love is fleeting... stone tools are forever"

Since I own a Bed and Breakfast (albeit in Costa Rica and not Idaho) I feel that I am at least fully qualified to be the Offensive Coordinator of the Oakland Raiders.

^^ :laugh:

I am a network engineer. I work on the Internets and makes it works.

I understand what you're saying Pete, and I doubt anyone here would claim to have as much specific knowledge as any professional NFL scout, etc. I certainly know I don't. I think the main problem is that if this Fassel thing goes through it seems like all of the talk about keeping continuity was just lip service, because they have to know that if this happens GW and Saunders are probably both gone. That means a complete overhaul in the coaching staff. Sort of sounds like the opposite of "continuity" to me.

I don't know if he'd be a good HC here or not. By looking at his history, which is all we can really do, he doesn't seem especially successful besides briefly at the Giants. Then he went to the Ravens as an OC and their offense remained poor the whole time he was there and he finally got the boot for it and couldn't get another job after that. He isn't exactly a hot commodity. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll keep Saunders and let him do his thing, but as he is a former OC I find that unlikely. GW is probably a goner.

Another thing I wonder about is how the players will react. They have been supportive of GW, said they wanted him, said they wanted continuity, and now they seem to be disregarded as far as the entire process goes. Will it affect who is willing to renegotiate their contracts, how they feel as a unit, how they function? Obviously they are professionals and get paid to do this but they are also human beings and I have a feeling they probably don't like the thought of some massive overhaul.

I hope I'm wrong and everything turns out ok. But I have to admit, I'm very worried about this team's future right now. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. No other choice.

Archived