Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So.......... What do you do for a living ?

Pete

Think about this.

Anyone who is able to hire and fire, knows some football, is just as capable of doing what Snyder and Cerrato does.

Im an Executive Chef (Snydre/Cerrato) and have to replace team members (anyone working for the redskins, coaches/front office/players) all the time. Interviewing like a mad man. Only looking for the best candidates(coaches/players). But when majority of my management team (redskin fans ;) ) says to stay away from a certain individual, i usually do because 2 heads are better than one or in this case more than 50% of redskin fans.

Stay away from Fassel (fossil)!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to say, for so many people as smart as they are, this thread isn't actually about telling others what you do for a living. It's about looking in the mirror and saying, I'm a doctor.........lawyer........... ditch digger......... student sex stopper...........small business owner....... excetra excetra excetra. Hey, I'm not Yul Brenner in the king and I, and I'm not qualified to identify the next Redskins coach.

It's about getting behind whoever is chosen..........

Pete, I think the point is: If you work on a bike, "fix it", give it back to the customer and they ride it down the highway and it goes kaboom because you didn't fix it right there might be a problem. You do this 20 times you're not working on bikes anymore, and you might be in jail for negligance and certainly everyone around you that watches you fix bikes will not trust your bike fixing skill any longer and will probably question every turn of the wrench you make. Another point is: You just won the WORLD LOTTERY and buy the skins from Danny now are you qualified to run the team or should you hire a proven GM to do that for you?

I'm a graphic designer.

As far as casting a critical eye on the team, well, if I'm not real happy with the way things look for the Redskins I generally keep quiet. Sort of that "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" line of thinking. Like you say Pete, I'm not a professional football anything, so I don't really know if we're headed for disaster or not. If I think things look bleak, I won't lie and say things look great. I just won't say anything.

I've been posting in tailgate a lot these past few days.

That's pretty mucvh all I can say at this point.

So, is the job you do for your bread and butter each week involve evaluating NFL players, or upper managment of a pro team ? Ya know where I'm going here.................. don't ya :)

I know where you're going, but where you are going would lead to shutting down this board. Everyone is entitled to an opinion regardless of what they do for a living, especially on a message board for fans.

I take absolutely no comfort in where things seem to be going with Vinny and possibly Fassel, I say this as a graphic designer and lifelong fan of this team.

I pretend to be a marine biologist. And ES is an angry board today, my friend. Like an old man returning soup in a deli. Vince Cerrato given MORE power? Hiring a retread as head coach who failed in his last two positions? It doesn't take a motorcycle repairman to see that a storm of discontent is brewing.

The OP would have a point if the Redskins have run a model franchise over the past decade. The fact remains that they have not. Every move this team makes should be scrutinized by the fans until they prove to us they know what they are doing. They have not earned the benefit of the doubt.

FWIW, I'd say that since Pete is a Motorcycle Tech, he does not have the ability to judge my ability to judge any move coming out of this franchise.

I'm an up and coming motivational speaker. Actually have my own CD out. Check it out here, or on Amazon. :cool:

I definitely support this thread. I'd just like to say though, that if they hire Fassel as coach and if Vinny is the sole reason of that happening, it would most likely throw out a lot of what Gibbs preached about, continuity.

I'm more in support of them making the right decision. But, if they don't we have to support whoever is up there.

Pete,

While I understand where you are going with this and would normally agree with you, I have to ask one question. What did Dan Snyder do before he bought the Redskins that qualifies him to know anything about upper level management of a pro football team or evaluate talent for that team? I will save you some time answer it for you...Nothing. So my opinion is just as valid as his, he just has more money to use to make his stick.

Oh, and for the record, I am an Embedded Operating Systems Engineer by day and a semi-pro photographer by night.

I'm in the U.S. NAVY. 12 years active duty. Thats what I do for a living.:)

Great post pete. I feel the same way.

I dont understand why people are so upset.

Do you remember pre Joe Gibbs II?

Do you remember how frustrating it was to be a fan of the Washington Redskins?

Do you remember losing to the Cowboys 16 out of the 17 times we played them?

How about only making the playoffs once in nine years and firing the coach who led us there the week before?

I am not alone when I say that history is appearing as if it is going to repeat itself.

I know where you're going, but where you are going would lead to shutting down this board. Everyone is entitled to an opinion regardless of what they do for a living, especially on a message board for fans.

I take absolutely no comfort in where things seem to be going with Vinny and possibly Fassel, I say this as a graphic designer and lifelong fan of this team.

Amen, as another Graphic Designer I couldn't say it better myself. :notworthy

Stockbroker.

And with all due respect Pete, genuinely, it doesn't take a NFL scout to be able to identify a team on the right path.....and a team on the wrong path.

I heard the same bs when Spurrier was hired. Having been an avid football fan in Florida....everyone down here already knew that he wasn't even the best college coach in Florida--let alone a potentially good pro coach.

What did I do? I turned off the tv for the Spurrier years. And thank God I did.

I understand that mods or employees of the organization may feel inclined to carry the pom poms.....but this appears to be another nightmare on deck.

Now if they come through with Cowher.....someone that knows football....this team can rock.

If we get another minion.......just have to wait until he is fired, and replaced with a good coach in the future.

That.....or just pray that Dan gets so frustrated after another two pathetic seasons that he sells the team.

:logo:

I find it IRONIC that you can identify a good team, yet according to your avatar you couldnt recognize who the best rb on the team was...:laugh: :laugh:

I am a General Contractor. I have to communicate well with sub contractors( OC and DC coordinators) Put together my proposal for homebuyers(gameplanning)and jump workers(players) ass when they mess up. The best part is im available for millions less then these other guys.

I'm a pimp so I know a thing or two about ****ing and getting ****ed...and with Danny, Vinny and Fassel leading this team we the fans will be getting ****ed ;)

...really, I am an Inventory Control Manager and a Volunteer Firefighter (<--my real job :)), so I do not know much about running a football team...obviously. But I am smart enough to recognize that apart from the "Gibbs II" years, this team was in disarray. It would appear we're heading back in that direction. Hopefully, I will be proven wrong and will have to come back here next year at this time and eat crow when Danny and Vinny are triumphantly hoisting their first Super Bowl trophy...but their track record does not give me any reason to be optimistic.

Archived