Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Happens to Campbell if we lose Al saunders (M.E.T.)

Veretax

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I think JC deserves one more year to prove himself. He needs to speed up his reads and learn to hold onto the ball. Neither of these things is all that unusual in a young QB. If he doesn't show marked improvement in both of these areas by next year then we need to start thinking about someone else. :2cents:

I don't why people are thinking Saunders would leave? His system is one of the best around if it is executed correctly. Gibbs put this team in a position to compete for many years. Al stays, Jason will have to compete. Everyone says TC is too old. Do you think all these years of getting sacked have paid a toll on TC? No. He is not a typical older QB. Compared to Donovan or Favre, TC is still a rookie.

I'd be greatly surprised if anything happened to JC. It's simply too difficult to find a talented QB and the free agent market for QBs is usually pretty small. Even if a new coach comes in and changes everything, the most we could expect is for him to draft a new QB and begin grooming him. That'd take at least a year, allowing JC to play one more and prove himself (or not). It really depends on the coach, though.

To be honest, I love JC and would love to see him start here for the next 10+ years, but if the new coach feels we can have more success in a different direction then so be it.

I don't why people are thinking Saunders would leave? His system is one of the best around if it is executed correctly. QUOTE]It is one of the worst systems in the NFl...what has this system won? Squat...he is over rated plain and simple

It's been the best offense in a four year span from 2002-2005, that's what it's won.

JC will still be a good QB, and most likely our starter if Saunders is gone. But, I'm thinking that he would regress at least a little bit, because of learning a new offense. It may not be as complicated as the Saunders offense, but it's a new offense nonetheless. And I'm sure people would agree with me that NFL offenses are probably a tad bit more complicated than what you'd see in college. (See Spurrier)

I think he might have a better chance of starting next year, but a bigger chance of flopping as a QB.

I think Gibbs mentioned the QB competition yesterday to help entice Collins to return, but with Joe leaving, if Saunders stays, he will want Collins to start. In that case I would expect Campbell to request a trade.

But if Saunders leaves, the next coach is going to see a young, talented QB, but have him on a short leash. Campbell most likely would regress because he would again have to learn a new offense.

He can request a trade all he wants, doesn't mean it's going to happen. He's under contract and the Redskins will do whats best for the Redskins.

That being said, I believe he'll have to compete for the starting position no matter who our new HC is and that's how it should be. He's no Manning, Farve or Brady. He hasn't taken this team to the promised land, so he doesn't have that right as a starter on this team yet. Earn it!

The new coach watches film. Will bring in a veteran FA QB to compete. JC sits, then is traded for a 6th rd pick.

puff,puff,give dude. WOW get a 6th for a guy we traded up (1st rd) to get. NEVER. Put him in a system w/ alot of shotgun where he dont waste time w/ a drop back and get the ball out quicker so he dont lose any more pocket fumbles, spread the D out w/ WRs and create natural lanes for Portis, get Lloyd on the field earning his paycheck

I would love to see him continue to progress in the Saunders offense. Its a very difficult offense to defend against when you have protection and the timing down. On another note however, I feel he could do better in a different system but I personally would like to keep Saunders.

What happens to Jason Campbell if we lose Al Saunders as Offensive Coordinator?

I think Campbell is not an Al Saunders type of QB and that was a part of the friction between Gibbs and Saunders during this season. Campbell was chosen by Gibbs for his type of offense.

If Saunders leaves, it will depend on the system the new coach will bring to this franchise. If it's a run first, minimize QB mistakes similar to what a Gibbs offense envisions, JC will stay and have a bright future with the skins.

If Saunders stays and we have a "modern" chuck-n-duck offense, look for Campbell to ride pine or be traded.:2cents:

The JC nuthuggers will definitely have another excuse for his shortcomings next year. "This is only Campbell's 4th season in the NFL. Give him a couple of more years to learn the offense."

He's just begun to start, right over a year's experience. And in case you've never seen a Redskins practice, the backup QB really doesn't get reps.

He's just begun to start, right over a year's experience. And in case you've never seen a Redskins practice, the backup QB really doesn't get reps.

I have seen a Skins practice. And the guy is going on his 4th year. Cutler, who is 3 years younger than him is already better. How much more time are you going to give that blind loyalty to?

Psst.. Saunders wasn't with us then. His offense is stellar, you just don't break it completely open on a very young QB.

so we get to be selctive on what constitutes a "track record"?

stelar does not = successful. ever. no Saunders led/designed offense has ever won a SB. Greatest show was Martz's creation.

fact is...Saunder's offense isn't mich different from....yawn....WCO....

Well I will tell you one thing the stats on this poll right now are:

A: Franchise: 172

B: Here comes a Free Agent and a Camp Competition: 61

D: Clip board holder here we come: 13

C: Saunders gone and Campbell Traded: 5

That makes me feel a bit better knowing that folks don't think we will just give up on JC if that were to happen. I still feel concerned no matter how we slice it :/

I would love to see him continue to progress in the Saunders offense. Its a very difficult offense to defend against when you have protection and the timing down. On another note however, I feel he could do better in a different system but I personally would like to keep Saunders.

QFT

I do think he would be better in another system, but I do think he can run Al's scheme. If Al leaves and JC is starting next year... well... I honestly don't know what would happen. That would be the 4th offense in 5 years yeah? Who knows, maybe we get Garret and see if he really is a genious.

Archived