Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Happens to Campbell if we lose Al saunders (M.E.T.)

Veretax

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

or.....a new coach looks at the film...decides the team doesn't have the talent to compete for the SB anyway (in short, is in a 2 yr development cycle). in that scenario....you either commmit to JC if you think he is the answer...or you get rid of him up front, and sign someone else and not push the cycle to the right.

The coach won't have the power to make personnel moves like that.

Given that Campbell contract is cheap only an idiot would jettison him after such a short period but most coaches have the ego to believe they can coach him up and Jason is coachable if he can learn 6 different offensive systems.

Funny how people blast Danny for impatience yet the first year of starting as the QB is enough for some to get rid of Campbell then again some of you called Sean Taylor garbage in the 06 season despite the pathetic assembled secondary and lack of pass rush.

Funny how people blast Danny for impatience yet the first year of starting as the QB is enough for some to get rid of Campbell then again some of you called Sean Taylor garbage in the 06 season despite the pathetic assembled secondary and lack of pass rush.

Well, only a couple of people want to actually 'get rid' of Campbell and as has to be repeated a million times--it's NOT HIS FIRST YEAR STARTING GAMES.

It's his SECOND. You can't even make the argument that it's his first year starting in Saunders offense, Saunders was the OC last year.

And what about Derek Anderson? He's a SIXTH ROUND PICK.

Makes me think we should take a developmental guy and see what happens with him. Someone who has demonstrated the mental aspect but still has physical tools. I keep coming back to QB U at Michigan and Henne but he's so god awful immobile, I'd have to say no. But there should be SOMEBODY out there with those skills.

Well, only a couple of people want to actually 'get rid' of Campbell and as has to be repeated a million times--it's NOT HIS FIRST YEAR STARTING GAMES.

It's his SECOND. You can't even make the argument that it's his first year starting in Saunders offense, Saunders was the OC last year.

Anderson is being overrated right now by a lot of folks when, in reality, he really benefited from an outstanding offensive line, one of the top WRs in the game and one of the top receiving TEs in the game. He's much better than Frye ever was, but he still holds the ball way too long, locks on to receivers, and tries to fit the ball into spots he shouldn't. His deficiencies were almost completely masked by the outstanding talent around him.

I understand your point, and agree that a developmental QB should take the place of Brunell, but, IMHO, Anderson doesn't even put Campbell's numbers if he was in Campbell's situation - Anderson has got further to develop as a QB, and would have struggled more than Campbell did if everything didn't align for him just so. Of course that's just my opinion from watching most of Anderson's games.

Note that I am not saying Campbell could put up Anderson's numbers in Anderson's situation, because honestly, Campbell hasn't shown he can do that yet, regardless of the circumstances. Just saying that Anderson, along with Campbell, haven't shown they can carry a team.

Ya i would buy that.

Just noticed that i myself (my avatar) is the backup and your is the starter...kinda funny that you have Jason and I for all intensive purposes have TC (even though it is brunell in the pic)

The correct term is "for intents and purposes" not "intensive purposes". Irregardless you conveyed your point. Plus both QB's get major French benefits as members of the skins.

The correct term is "for intents and purposes" not "intensive purposes". Irregardless you conveyed you point. Plus both QB's get major French benefits as members of the skins.

Irregardless is not a word. Maybe you were joking and that was the point, if so then disregard and carry on soldier.

Makes me think we should take a developmental guy and see what happens with him. Someone who has demonstrated the mental aspect but still has physical tools. I keep coming back to QB U at Michigan and Henne but he's so god awful immobile, I'd have to say no. But there should be SOMEBODY out there with those skills.

I'm all for taking a developmental guy in the later rounds. But to be honest we all know that late round QB drafts very rarely even stay in the league. Joe Flacco from Deleware in intriguing, but I'm not sure where he is projected. I've read anything from 3rd to 5th. Tall, sees the field well, fast throwing motion, and has a rocket arm. One of the problems I see with him, however, is the fact that Deleware pretty much ran a spread shotgun formation exclusively (think an upgraded version of Jordan Palmer). Watching highlights of him I never once saw him under center. That would be a big learning curve for him in the NFL. Ainge from Tenn could be good, but he will probably be a 3rd rounder and I think we have more pressing concerns in the 3rd than a project QB. He has also had lots of injuries. I agree about Henne. Never been all that impressed with him.

Gibbs used it a few times this season in press conferences. Are you bashing the man after he retired? The nerve of some people on this board. Go watch his spiritual game plan of the week, and delight in his all-knowing mind.

In that case, if Gibbs used it then I shall propose an amendment to Webster's dictionary...:cheers:

Archived