Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Happens to Campbell if we lose Al saunders (M.E.T.)

Veretax

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I think he might have a better chance of starting next year, but a bigger chance of flopping as a QB.

I think Gibbs mentioned the QB competition yesterday to help entice Collins to return, but with Joe leaving, if Saunders stays, he will want Collins to start. In that case I would expect Campbell to request a trade.

But if Saunders leaves, the next coach is going to see a young, talented QB, but have him on a short leash. Campbell most likely would regress because he would again have to learn a new offense.

I really don't think that Campbell is at all wedded to Al Saunders, as some of your poll answers suggest.

I really hope you are right. I love JC I don't want him to go, but if there is any chance we lose Al Saunders, I'm worried about losing JC too. But it could be that JC does better under a better system that would fit his abilities too so who knows :/

For case in point, I felt similarly when we lost Trent Green :/

JC and Saunders are not tied at the hip. If Saunders gores, JC is still our franchise QB.

JC has done nothing to be called a franchise QB. A new coach will be under so much pressure to get back to the playoffs here. There won't be a 3 or 4 year honeymoon like with Gibbs II. JC was Gibbs pick, a new coach will not give him a preference. He'll have to earn it.

The new coach watches film. Will bring in a veteran FA QB to compete. JC sits, then is traded for a 6th rd pick.

I agree with the first two statements. Yes, he watches film, and sees that Jason played not great, but pretty good, and has TONS of potential. I wouldn't be surprised to see a vet brought in...only more motivation for JC. The third couldn't be further from the truth....Cambell will start and have a very good year.

But if Saunders leaves, the next coach is going to see a young, talented QB, but have him on a short leash. Campbell most likely would regress because he would again have to learn a new offense.

im not so sure i agree that he would regress if he had to learn a new offense next year.

in four years at auburn, i believe he had four different coordinators and four different systems. plus its a very safe bet that whatever the new system is, it would not be nearly as complicated as al's 700 page playbook.

I agree with the first two statements. Yes' date=' he watches film, and sees that Jason played not great, but pretty good, and has TONS of potential. I wouldn't be surprised to see a vet brought in...only more motivation for JC. The third couldn't be further from the truth....Cambell will start and have a very good year.[/quote']

or.....a new coach looks at the film...decides the team doesn't have the talent to compete for the SB anyway (in short, is in a 2 yr development cycle). in that scenario....you either commmit to JC if you think he is the answer...or you get rid of him up front, and sign someone else and not push the cycle to the right.

im not so sure i agree that he would regress if he had to learn a new offense next year.

in four years at auburn, i believe he had four different coordinators and four different systems. plus its a very safe bet that whatever the new system is, it would not be nearly as complicated as al's 700 page playbook.

That's right. Plus I remember hearing he had to learn a new system his senior year in high school and now he's had two systems to learn in the NFL. 7 offenses in 8 years. He's going to make someone a hellufa OC one day.

wouldn't mind seeing saunders go actualy... bring in some new blood i do not know who is ou there but i am tired of saunders holding campbell back!!! mike martz or cam cameron are hot candidates as off cordinator!!!!

hah wow. Mike Martz? led a very talented Detroit lions offense to diddly squat this year.

He'll let Campbell get clobbered if he came here.

He will still be our franchise QB of the present and future, however write off another year to "development".

The easy sollution is to just do anything we possibly can to retain Saunders. I'd like to see Williams as HC but with Saunders having complete control of the offense.

IF Saunders goes or is forced out, which I'm leaning away from right now, I think Jason Campbell still enters camp as the #1 QB. They've seen his potential, traded for the #1 pick used to select him and become enough invested in him to give him more time.

A more interesting thing would be what happens to Todd Collins if Saunders goes? Even though he's an UFA, Collins might still want to stay here if the offense doesn't flip.

I really hope you are right. I love JC I don't want him to go, but if there is any chance we lose Al Saunders, I'm worried about losing JC too. But it could be that JC does better under a better system that would fit his abilities too so who knows :/

For case in point, I felt similarly when we lost Trent Green :/

If anything, losing Al Saunders would make Campbell MORE likely to start next year.

2. He'll be our franchise QB either way.

Don't be so sure. Remember Patrick Ramsey, after one year of starting and getting injured midway through, Joe Gibbs arrived and from the onset traded a third round draft pick for Brunell and awarded him a huge contract.

Archived