Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Happens to Campbell if we lose Al saunders (M.E.T.)

Veretax

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

what happened to his offenses come playoff time?

You mean like the time they played Indy and neither team punted?

Why not ask the defense and the high profile firing and then hiring of Gunther Cunningham (in the hope that it would change the defensive production) where they were?

Why not ask who has Tom Brady, better defenses or Peyton Manning?

Sorry, I just don't like his system...defend him all you want i don't like his system

Don't worry, you've distinguished yourself on a number of occasions as someone whose opinion we should pretty much ignore.

Only someone with no clue about football 'doesn't like' a system that probably had a 5 year cumulative ranking of 1-3 in the league.

Honestly, I don't think you could describe the problem you have with the offense aside from the brain-dead appellation of "dink and dunk." That offense certainly is not that. Perhaps some of you guys missed the deep plays we had. Imagine if we had a legitimate star #1 threat at WR and (if you choose) if Campbell can 'get it' in order to get the ball to his receivers.

Don't worry, you've distinguished yourself on a number of occasions as someone whose opinion we should pretty much ignore.

Only someone with no clue about football 'doesn't like' a system that probably had a 5 year cumulative ranking of 1-3 in the league.

Honestly, I don't think you could describe the problem you have with the offense aside from the brain-dead appellation of "dink and dunk." That offense certainly is not that. Perhaps some of you guys missed the deep plays we had. Imagine if we had a legitimate star #1 threat at WR and (if you choose) if Campbell can 'get it' in order to get the ball to his receivers.

When was the last time we really had a legitimate star #1 threat? Art Monk?

You mean like the time they played Indy and neither team punted?

Why not ask the defense and the high profile firing and then hiring of Gunther Cunningham (in the hope that it would change the defensive production) where they were?

Why not ask who has Tom Brady, better defenses or Peyton Manning?

funny....you weren't raising similar issues when the defense was tubing games for Campbell. all of a sudden winning is a multifaceted endeavor. my my...it does appear that there is more than one among ux who suits the facts to the conclusion...and not the conclusion to the facts. didn't take all that long to bait someone on that one.....

funny....you weren't raising similar issues when the defense was tubing games for Campbell. all of a sudden winning is a multifaceted endeavor. my my...it does appear that there is more than one among ux who suits the facts to the conclusion...and not the conclusion to the facts. didn't take all that long to bait someone on that one.....

No one ever argued that winning wasn't multifaceted. The argument that I was making (I believe you're refering to some of my posts about us being a #1/ #2 seed if Campbell had never started in 07) was that Campbell had a VERY good defense supporting him, yet we went 5-7 with him. The defense was 4th in yards per play allowed coming into the bears game - that's superb. Jason really couldn't have asked for much more from his defense over a 12 game span.

Note I said 12 game SPAN - please don't bring up a few examples/exceptions because every defense will fluctuate around an average. Sometimes they'll play worse than the 4th overall defense in yards per play allowed. Sometimes they'll play better than the 4th overall defense in yards per play allowed. Fact of the matter is the defense was exceptional over the 12 game span that JC was the QB.

Gibbs was never the kind of coach who molded young QBs anyhow, but I think Saunders leaving may have a slightly negative effect on JC's development. I can honestly see a new coach like Cowher or Ryan or Garrett coming in and wanting a veteran arm for now.

I hope JC's our guy no matter what, because the kid has loads of potential and I think 08 is his year!

That's understandable. I'm sure KC fans didn't like having a top 5 offense in 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005. Having an explosive, highly productive offense just isn't the Washington Redskins way.
Nice sarcasm, but What has he done here? how have the Skins been? Oh ya thats right nada.

Who runs a timing based offense anymore? His playbook as said by TC takes 1 year to adjustment and 3 full years to fully explode. Can we really afford that? The man is getting old and wont be here soon. It requires too much effort by both the QB and WRs pre and post snap adjustments.

Who runs a timing based offense anymore? His playbook as said by TC takes 1 year to adjustment and 3 full years to fully explode. Can we really afford that? The man is getting old and wont be here soon. It requires too much effort by both the QB and WRs pre and post snap adjustments.

Cooley said he could play every position on offense after 1 year of learning the Saunders offense. Not Al's fault the QB's level of intelligence is below average.

Cooley said he could play every position on offense after 1 year of learning the Saunders offense. Not Al's fault the QB's level of intelligence is below average.

Shut your garbage regarding that. Go ahead and bring up your famous wonderlic scores in which JC scored a 28, 29 and quotes of nfl scouts that remained who remained unnamed. :laugh:

No one ever argued that winning wasn't multifaceted. The argument that I was making (I believe you're refering to some of my posts about us being a #1/ #2 seed if Campbell had never started in 07) was that Campbell had a VERY good defense supporting him, yet we went 5-7 with him. The defense was 4th in yards per play allowed coming into the bears game - that's superb. Jason really couldn't have asked for much more from his defense over a 12 game span.

Note I said 12 game SPAN - please don't bring up a few examples/exceptions because every defense will fluctuate around an average. Sometimes they'll play worse than the 4th overall defense in yards per play allowed. Sometimes they'll play better than the 4th overall defense in yards per play allowed. Fact of the matter is the defense was exceptional over the 12 game span that JC was the QB.

no...I was referring to others. and, in my mind, had not several leads been tubed by the defense and/or wideouts early on...Campbell would have done quite well.

- Gints game was well in hand the defense should have protected the lead..that was not exceptional. cmon....a little honesty now and then never hurt anyone. the defense also looked pathetic in the second Philly game...some of the worst tackling all season.

- Packer game well in hand (on the offense)

Skins finish 6-2 first 8 games...very nice but for those 2 games.

Campbell had his moments, for example the Tampa game; played outstanding in the Dallas game but couldn't close the deal. what I am highlighting is the evident hypocrisy in zeroing in on Campbell's mistakes while ignoring all the other contributing factors - and then doing an about face in different circumstances.

Fact is...the defense played its best ball the last 4 games of the season....and if you think about it...they played an outstanding game in Tampa as well. overall, I agree that the defense had a good year...inmy book...they carried the team for the most part. but they did have their moments. either way...that's not the core of the argument I am making.

The critics were right about JC after all...

Not really. We saw promise and some things expected of a QB who hasn't started a full season. Every Young Qb will lose games for you during a season . That is expected. Campbell has one more season to prove if the franchise needs to go along and draft another Qb. 16 more starts is enough in my opinion.

no...I was referring to others. and, in my mind, had not several leads been tubed by the defense (and wideouts) early on...Campbell would have done quite well.

- Gints game was well in head (on the defense)..that was not exceptional...they *issed away the game. cmon....a little honesty now and then never hurt anyone. the defense also looked pathetic in the second Philly game...some of the worst tackling all season.

- Packer game well in hand (on the offense)

Skins finish 6-2 first 8 games...very nice.

Campbell had his moments, for example the Tampa game, played outstanding in the Dallas game but couldn't close the deal. what I am highlighting is the evident hypocrisy in zeroing in on Campbell's mistakes while ignoring all the other contributing factors - and then doing an about face in different circumstances.

Fact is...the defense played its best ball the last 4 games of the season....and if you think about it...they played an outstanding game in Tampa as well.

You essentially ignored my request for you to not bring up the occasional exceptions. I suppose fluctuating around an average is too complicated for you to understand. Over a 12 game span, JC had an exceptional defense to work with. Yet the team still went 5-7.

so....

are you a rascist or do you know Jason personally?

if neither.....I suggest some personal self-control....cuz you have no idea let alone any basis for making such an inflamatory comment....

ok Mr Wizard?

btw...so is Cooley saying he could play QB? If so, tehre's some hidden implications in there about COllins as well. Do you think about things before posting?

Not really. We saw promise and some things expected of a QB who hasn't started a full season. Every Young Qb will lose games for you during a season . That is expected. Campbell has one more season to prove if the franchise needs to go along and draft another Qb. 16 more starts is enough in my opinion.

About his inability to understand an NFL calibre offense they definately were right about Campbell. If a tight end could understand the offense completely after just 1 year, JC should be able to as well. To keep JC, we'll have to continue to water down our offense just like the titans have had to do in dealing with Vince Young's lack of intelligence. I don't think that's very fair to the team. JC can learn the offense at such a slow pace from the bench.

About his inability to understand an NFL calibre offense they definately were right about Campbell. If a tight end could understand the offense completely after just 1 year, JC should be able to as well. To keep JC, we'll have to continue to water down our offense just like the titans have had to do in dealing with Vince Young's lack of intelligence. I don't think that's very fair to the team. JC can learn the offense at such a slow pace from the bench.

you mean his what 6th offense in 7 years and the highly complex vertical timing based system? He always has ran a horizontal style of offense. But you dont get that? :laugh:

so....

are you a rascist or do you know Jason personally?

if neither.....I suggest some personal self-control....cuz you have no idea let alone any basis for making such an inflamatory comment....

ok Mr Wizard?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/29/AR2005052900872.html

Yup.. I'm a racist and Al Saunders offense is impossible to understand. Chris Cooley just happens to be the next Einstein, which is why he gets it.

wrong...is this a habit with you?

The dig on Young even before being drafted was his arm...specifically the side armed nature of his mechanics.

Archived