Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

My only question is how much longer will he fight.

Pound for pound best fighter in the sport.  Arguably of all time.  I quit paying to watch a while ago LOL.  Noone can stop this man.

We all want to see quality fights...problem is noone can hang with him.

When I was younger, I thought he was just a punk with a mouth that would eventually get shut up.  Man, was I ever wrong.

Do your thing Floyd...just not with my money LOL

I can't stand Mayweather and would love for someone to knock him out cold, but man he put on a clinic. If you enjoy the technical aspect of boxing you would have enjoyed the fight Saturday night. I don't know anyone that can take him right now if he fights like Saturday night. Its a funny feeling to dislike a fighter so much but yet be in awe of his skill. The speed, quickness, and defense were unmatched. He showed a little more power also than I have seen in previous fights. Only blemish he will have is ducking Pacquiao. He should have taken that fight, if he would have won, that would have cemented his legacy as the best ever. to me and many others, that now has an asterisk.

Do your thing Floyd...just not with my money LOL

That's exactly where I'm at. I've been suckered for the last time and will not pay for another Mayweather fight unless he's fighting Pacquiao.

Pacquiao might not be the same, but I'll rather see him take his shots, than to see Khan, Garcia or Alexander.

Mayweather could have gone down in history as an all time great - but I think he will always be remembered for running from Pacquiáo when Pacman was in his prime.

it will be something people can use against him, but Floyd is an All Time Great. Especially since both sides were at fault.

When you look at who Floyd has beaten, his opponents have been near the top of the sport. His resume is amazing.

If anything, Pacquaio is the one who is hurt the most by not fighting Floyd. Status wise, and financially.

Edited by JoeWolf990

it will be something people can use against him, but Floyd is an All Time Great. Especially since both sides were at fault.

When you look at who Floyd has beaten, his opponents have been near the top of the sport. His resume is amazing.

If anything, Pacquaio is the one who is hurt the most by not fighting Floyd. Status wise, and financially.

BS. There's a long list of guys Floyd has flat out ducked during his career. From Tszu to Margarito to Pacquiao.

ESPN analylst Chris Broussard, who's a Mayweather guy, reluctantly said about a month ago on ESPN First Take, that the word he has from people in the Mayweather camp is, "he really never wanted to fight Pacquiao."

Edited by DM72

BS. There's a long list of guys Floyd has flat out ducked during his career. From Tszu to Margarito to Pacquiao.

ESPN analylst Chris Broussard, who's a Mayweather guy, reluctantly said about a month ago on ESPN First Take, that the word he has from people in the Mayweather camp is, "he really never wanted to fight Pacquiao."

I wouldn't listen to Chris Broussard in his supposed specialty area of basketball, I damn sure ain't giving any word he utters attention in boxing.

Edited by StillUnknown

So he's gonna get on TV and lie? I actually respect Broussard. Much more than I respect practically anyone else on ESPN. If it was some of the others, I'd probably agree. Again, he's a Mayweather guy and I doubt he would say that without some proof.

And I really don't want to go down this road again, but if Mayweather really wanted to fight Pacquiao, would he keep making these ridiculous demands? The latest is, if Pac wants to fight him, he has to join Mayweather Promotions.

LOL. I can't believe people still buy his BS.

Edited by DM72

Get in line ****es if you want to fight Floyd, Don't even mention that horse **** in Margarito, Pacquaio STRAIGHT DUCKED THE FIGHT when both was in there prime you can't deny that. Pac didn't want to take the test made every excuse in the book didn't want to take random testing just scheduled testing, so they went to mediation and Floyd accepted a 14 day cut off date but pac then wanted 24 days, Pac went on to fight  Josh Clottey (CHUMP) and Floyd went on to face Mosley fresh off the Margarito KO.

At the time he was ducking Margarito, he wasn't horse****. And why should Pacquiao have to prove anything to Mayweather? Did May ask any other he was fighting to take a test? Why Pacquiao? I would have said no too. And Clotty was on his prime, was Mosley?

At the time he was ducking Margarito, he wasn't horse****. And why should Pacquiao have to prove anything to Mayweather? Did May ask any other he was fighting to take a test? Why Pacquiao? I would have said no too. And Clotty was on his prime, was Mosley?

The guy was a cheating ass even before the Cotto fight I am betting, he doesn't deserve to be mentioned in Boxing. Also the guy was a NOBODY! with 5 loses at the time, Mayweather had nothing to gain and everything to lose for fighting that chump.

He wanted to make sure Pac was clean before he accepted the fight, the guy moved up in weight got faster and more powerful knocking guys out left and right why not ask for the test. After that multiple fighters have tested dirty for peds.

EVEN THEN MAYWEATHER WOULD HAVE TAKEN THE SAME TEST

Edited by SiCkSoULjA

mentioning Margarito as a guy Floyd should have fought, automatically renders an opinion useless.

THat guy is a cheat, Floyd would have walked through him, the fight happens if Arum puts up the money.

ON top of that Margarito is the most overrated boxer of the last decade. Who did he beat?

When he was getting ducked by May, he WAS NOT a known cheater and he had some early losses in his career, but in time he was a feared fighter. He was far from a nobody at the time. And since when Floyd don't fight guys with multiple losses?

And please. Floyd knew damn well "take the test" was gonna be a deal breaker. A blind man could see that. That's a good way of starting negotiations. Accuse the other guy of taking PED's. Then he retired, then it was about money, now he's trying to buy Pacquiao. And when the question of Pacquiao came up at his post fight press conference this past Saturday, it was time to go.

When he was getting ducked by May, he WAS NOT a known cheater and he had some early losses in his career, but in time he was a feared fighter. He was far from a nobody at the time. And since when Floyd don't fight guys with multiple losses?

And please. Floyd knew damn well "take the test" was gonna be a deal breaker. A blind man could see that. That's a good way of starting negotiations. Accuse the other guy of taking PED's. Then he retired, then it was about money, now he's trying to buy Pacquiao. And when the question of Pacquiao came up at his post fight press conference this past Saturday, it was time to go.

He was a NOBODY like I said nobody but the hardcore boxing fans ever even heard from the guy, his biggest win was vs Josh Clottey GTF out of here with that. For being such a **** bag who may have complelty destroyed Cottos career for hitting the guy with bricks he doesn't deserved to be mentioned PERIOD. IMO every win should have a fat * or have his record in boxing deleted, he deserved a LIFETIME BAN not that bull**** Arum got him with the 1 year suspension.

Only Pac fans could see that, at the time PEDS was running rapid in mostly NON contact sports. Here we have a physical one and people ****ing about testing. **** we brought testing in baseball to ****ing congress but nobody cares about it in boxing? REALLY?

You can say he was a nobody all you want, but at the time he was being ducked, he was probably the most feared fighter in the lower weight classes. And who did guys like Zab Judah, Guerrero and Alverez beat to deserve a fight with Floyd?

PED use was running rapid in sports before he was about to fight Pacquiao. Why didn't he ask other fighters to take the test? If he was THAT concerned, why didn't he go to the Nevada Athletic Commission and voiced his concerns? Being one of the biggest names on boxing, I'm sure they would have listened to his concerns.

But we all know what this was really about. An out to get out of the fight. Floyd knew what he was doing. If Pac refused, he must be hiding something.

You can say he was a nobody all you want, but at the time he was being ducked, he was probably the most feared fighter in the lower weight classes. And who did guys like Zab Judah, Guerrero and Alverez beat to deserve a fight with Floyd?

PED use was running rapid in sports before he was about to fight Pacquiao. Why didn't he ask other fighters to take the test? If he was THAT concerned, why didn't he go to the Nevada Athletic Commission and voiced his concerns? Being one of the biggest names on boxing, I'm sure they would have listened to his concerns.

But we all know what this was really about. An out to get out of the fight. Floyd knew what he was doing. If Pac refused, he must be hiding something.

Zab had a name, Guerrero was hot and and had a name, Margo's name was **** 6 loses can't sell out nothing why fight the guy. Seems to me the guy has always been a bum just cheating got him over the edge.

There wasn't anyone in boxing doing the unthinkable, I have never saw somebody move up 20-30 pounds gain more speed and maintain his power people people to sleep along the way that doesn't happen. Pac was unique whats a few test if your clean, o yeah hes scared of needles.

• Like 1

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/floyd-mayweather-apologizes-offensive-instagram-photo-mocking-oscar-043924822--box.html

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/9683650/floyd-mayweather-jr-apologizes-social-media-post-ridiculing-oscar-de-la-hoya

Someone from Team Mayweather posted a meme on Instagram about De La Hoya giving Canelo the wrong blueprint because he was high. Funny, but at the same time not funny.

Floyd deleted the image and apologized to Oscar and his family.

And who did guys like Zab Judah, Guerrero and Alverez beat to deserve a fight with Floyd?

I'll give you Guerrero (although he did win a one of the 3 best fights of 2012 when he beat Berto), but Zab was the WW champion. Floyd went on to unify the belts later when he beat Baldomir.

And if you are saying Alvarez didnt deserve a chance after all the hype around him, then you are living in Mars.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/floyd-mayweather-apologizes-offensive-instagram-photo-mocking-oscar-043924822--box.html

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/9683650/floyd-mayweather-jr-apologizes-social-media-post-ridiculing-oscar-de-la-hoya

Someone from Team Mayweather posted a meme on Instagram about De La Hoya giving Canelo the wrong blueprint because he was high. Funny, but at the same time not funny.

Floyd deleted the image and apologized to Oscar and his family.

he shoulda kept it. it was accurate Edited by JoeWolf990

I'll give you Guerrero (although he did win a one of the 3 best fights of 2012 when he beat Berto), but Zab was the WW champion. Floyd went on to unify the belts later when he beat Baldomir.

And if you are saying Alvarez didnt deserve a chance after all the hype around him, then you are living in Mars.

he shoulda kept it. it was accurate

Zab Judah lost every big fight he has ever been in and there was a ton of hype for Alverez, but was he really deserving of a fight with Floyd? I understand why the fight was made, but is he really the future or just a hype job? Edited by DM72

Zab Judah lost every big fight he has ever been in and there was a ton of hype for Alverez, but was he really deserving of a fight with Floyd? I understand why the fight was made, but is he really the future or just a hype job?

Judah was WW champion. Floyd unified the belts. Why cant you wrap your head around that?

so you changing your tune then? after it was rumored Floyd wouldnt fight Canelo:

BS. This is just another excuse by Floyd Mayweather to avoid a fight with someone who has a shot at beating him. As we know Floyd is a glorified Golden Boy fighter. With that being said, Alvarez probably doesn't want the fight as much as he claims. We'll get Mayweather vs either Khan or Alexander and Alvarez vs Cotto. None of those fights should interest anyone.

And rumor has it that last week's Mayweather/Guerrero fight brought way less than a million buys

Edited by JoeWolf990

Is anyone deserving of stepping into the ring with Floyd (besides Pac)  at this point? I think that's the question everyone should be asking.

Not for a PPV. At 147 lbs, I wouldn't mind Tim Bradley getting a shot if he beats JMM. Amir Khan can sell some tickets in the U.K., but we already know the outcome of that fight. TKO in 5-6. Keith Thurman isn't a big enough name yet. Devon Alexander is boring and can barely sell out at home in St. Louis.

There are no threats at 154 either.

Judah was WW champion. Floyd unified the belts. Why cant you wrap your head around that?so you changing your tune then? after it was rumored Floyd wouldnt fight Canelo:

Up until.he fought Trout, I thought Alverez had a chance. But the more I saw that fight the more I didn't think he had a shot. I admit, I didn't think it would be this one-sided.

Pac needs to win a fight or two to even be in the conversation for starters.

Are we really back to "May ducked Pac" nonsense? Is this going to happen everytime Mayweather beats the next supposed guy who "is going to shut Mayweather up"

You can google Roach and a Amir Kahn quotes on a potential Pac/Floyd fight and they even seem to express their doubts about Pac's chances  and explain why Floyd would be a difficult matchup for Pac.

All BS aside about the POLITICS of boxing, are people still trying to claim Pac could beat Floyd? I mean, really?

• Like 1