Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

LOL. Dude give it up.

Pacquaio has NEVER faced someone who is as fast as Mayweather. And he doesnt face guys who move around as much as Mayweather.

And a counterpunch is a counterpunch. No one likes getting potshot for 12 rounds, especially since Floyd's counters do hurt his opponents.

Pacquaio would be taught a lesson too.

No, a counter puncher is not a counter puncher. And when was the last time Floyd had anyone seriously hurt and if he's gonna teach Pac a lesson so easy, what is he afraid of then?

I repeat, if Pac take care of Rios in November and May isn't fighting Pac next, I WILL NOT be shelling out $74.95 and I have a feeling I won't be alone.

Edited by DM72

http://www.latimes.com/obituaries/la-sp-sn-boxer-ken-norton-sr-dies-at-70-20130918,0,465488.story

Ken Norton Sr., a former heavyweight boxing champion who defeated Muhammad Ali in 1973, then lost in the rematch later that year, died Wednesday at a hospital in Arizona where he had been undergoing rehabilitation since suffering a stroke last year, according to his friend and manager Patrick Tenore. Norton was 70 and had congestive heart failure.

Norton broke Ali’s jaw in their initial fight, then lost at the Inglewood Forum in the rematch. Ali defeated Norton again in a decision at Yankee Stadium in New York in 1976.

In 1978, Norton won the World Boxing Council heavyweight championship when Leon Spinks chose not to fight him. He lost the title to Larry Holmes that June.

Norton finished with a record of 42-7-1 and 33 knockouts. He later went on to an acting career.

One of his sons, Ken Norton Jr., was a star linebacker at UCLA who played for the Dallas Cowboys and San Francisco 49ers in the NFL and now coaches for the Seattle Seahawks.

RIP to a great

• Like 1

There's no question, Mayweather is the most powerful person in sports right now and should get strong consideration for male athlete of the year.

But if Pacquiao looks good and win in November, if he doesn't fight him, he will not see anything close to those types of numbers in May. He's simply have run out of PPV quality opponents. If Alverez couldn't beat him, who's gonna buy onto Garcia, Khan, Alexander or Bradley beating him?

There's no question, Mayweather is the most powerful person in sports right now and should get strong consideration for male athlete of the year.

But if Pacquiao looks good and win in November, if he doesn't fight him, he will not see anything close to those types of numbers in May. He's simply have run out of PPV quality opponents. If Alverez couldn't beat him, who's gonna buy onto Garcia, Khan, Alexander or Bradley beating him?

Been a little speculation of him fighting B-Hop at 160, although I would be shocked if it happened. That would definitely sell the most PPV's out of the current group of non-Pacquiao/Top Rank fighters

Been a little speculation of him fighting B-Hop at 160, although I would be shocked if it happened. That would definitely sell the most PPV's out of the current group of non-Pacquiao/Top Rank fighters

Can B-Hop even make 160 anymore?

EDIT: I also don't think Floyd should have to fight much bigger guys just be be challenged.

Edited by DM72

http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/9/26/4774272/chavez-vs-vera-weight-pushed-up-to-173-rounds-down-to-10-hbo-boxing-news

It was one thing when the fight was scheduled to be above middleweight. Chavez is very big for the weight and it's not uncommon for a fighter to comeback at a slightly higher weight after being off for a decent amount of time. But it seemed like the limit kept gradually rising until it reached 168, the super middleweight limit. OK, again, Chavez is a very big middleweight and the star always gets to set the rules. If Vera wants the payday, he has to play the game, right?

But now the game has gotten way out of hand. At yesterday's press conference Chavez's promoter Bob Arum stated that the public would not know the weight limit until the weigh-in Friday afternoon. Huh? I don't think that's how it's supposed to work. Maybe it's a middleweight fight, maybe light heavyweight. Screw it, why not go for the gold and make it a heavyweight bout and put Chris Arreola on the undercard? His weight issues would certainly fit the theme of the show.

Now comes the news that it is a light heavyweight fight, only two pounds south of that division's limit. Do I need to say how I feel about this? Is it not obvious?

Unprofessional is not enough to describe Chavez. It was unprofessional of him to smoke pot before his fight with Sergio Martinez. It's just plain horrible to do to Vera what he is doing now. Vera is naturally a much smaller man who was already at a disadvantage and is taking the fight because it's a huge opportunity to go along with a nice payday. The problem here is that Chavez knows that Vera won't back out of it for that very reason. Arum knows it too. All of God's children know it. A guy like Vera has little leverage in a situation like this because the opportunity to make good money on an HBO show doesn't come around often. If you back out now, you're missing out on the payday and you're probably in the doghouse with HBO for the rest of your career. Not a recipe for long-term success in American boxing unless you have Al Haymon on your side.

It won't happen, but I really hope Vera finds a way to win that fight Saturday. With everything else against him, he probably needs to KO JCC Jr to get the win, I wouldn't trust judges in this fight.

JCC Jr can't get out of boxing fast enough. Arum & HBO are just as complicit in this bull****.

Edited by StillUnknown

B-Hops knows a huge pay day when he sees one.  He sees guys lesser than himself being paid millions to fight Mayweather so he probably figures "why not, me?"  Don't think it would ever happen. I mean the weight the fight would have to take place at would be so ridiculously in B-Hops favor, I am not sure who could take it serious.

As far as JCC Jr......ugh.  Go away.

• Like 1

Mickey? ;)

I don't think he should do it, but if he was to fight someone over 160, it might as well be against the best.

But I think there's O% chance of either of those fights happening. Again, Floyd has pretty much run out of quality PPV opponents. Who else besides Pacquiao do you want to see him fight?

And we have a Don King sighting.

Edited by DM72

I don't think he should do it, but if he was to fight someone over 160, it might as well be against the best.

But I think there's O% chance of either of those fights happening. Again, Floyd has pretty much run out of quality PPV opponents. Who else besides Pacquiao do you want to see him fight?

And we have a Don King sighting.

Don King's well is just about dry, I forgot he was still alive to be honest.

I knew he was alive but I could've sworn his ass had gone senile and was hospitalized.

Anyway, Stevenson is the definition of a man among men.

Not quite ready to crown Stevenson yet, but he's a good one.

Really want to see him fight Kovalev next, although Stevenson didn't sound that excited in his post fight interview.

Edited by StillUnknown