Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

I am not BHops biggest fan, I was like damn is Hop going to get a warning here then the kiss thing happened which was ridiculous. When Hopkins fell and the dude hit him with 2 shots while he was on the ground the ref had to get serious, he could easily got DQed but he only got a warning and everything after that had to be takin seriously.

This guy was out of his league Hopkins mind games changed the whole fight got the dude out his element and then the old man beat him down. Even tho I never heard of the guy, Hopkins still get my respect to be 50 and whooping any pro boxers ass like he is amazing.

Gennady Golovkin vs. Curtis Stevens on HBO tonight.

Stevens probably has the best punch in MW next to Golovkin, but he's at a deficit in every area of the fight game tonight. Stevens can beat anyone if he lands a killshot, but I don't see Golovkin having any trouble. I'm on the Golovkin hype train, but he still hasn't been tested all that much. That said, every time Stevens has fought anyone good, he's lost. He doesn't really have a notable win on his resume.

Golovkin by (T)KO, round 3

Edited by StillUnknown

Golovkin is very hittable, you just have to be willing to enter a danger zone to apply damage.

Stevens is losing clearly, but he's showing some of Golovkin's weaknesses that have yet to be exploited.

Golovkin having a problem with Stevens' speed when Stevens starts to throw shots. If he were throwing with more regularity, these rounds would be closer. Stevens just too inactive to win any of these rounds, but he's giving others a gameplan for Golovkin.

Edited by StillUnknown

That was a good stoppage. Stevens needed to be a little more active. He landed a few good shots, but not enough to keep GGG off of him. GGG is good, but I want to see him fight someone who isn't afraid to get hit. Sergio hasn't looked good in his last fight. If healthy and if age isn't a factor, I think he has the movement, speed and power to make it a good fight. Stevens should have went to the body with them wild hooks. GGG was landing some very good body shots. I figured he would drop from a body shot sooner or later. Kinda funny with Stevens saying he would "F" him up and then do hardly anything resembling "F'ing somebody up.

• Like 1

GGG put on a dominant performance but Stevens definitely exposed some of his weaknesses. All you need to do is work your angles & be very active and he's there to be taken. The problem is, you have to be accurate because when you miss he makes you pay and pay dearly. 

Edited by T-REX1240
  • Like 1

http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/11/3/5061500/mago-abdusalamov-in-coma-hbo-boxing-following-mike-perez-loss

Mago's toughness and ability to keep coming forward through the full fight may have cost him in a very serious way, however. As Boxing Scene is confirming reports that Abdusalamov is in a medically induced coma:

Earlier today, BoxingScene.com reported that during the fight Magomed broke his left hand, broke his nose and he was taken to a local hospital where a small blood clot was discovered on the brain.

Late last night, Magomed's manager, Boris Grinberg, told BoxingScene the fighter was doing fine after doctors tended to his injuires. But a few hours later the boxer began to complain of bad headaches and was feeling ill. Doctors at Roosevelt Hospital placed him in a medically induced coma to reduce the possibility of any serious complications stemming from the blood clot.

Corners have to do better by their fighters 

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/11/6/5072778/boxer-magomed-abdusalamov-update-condition-life-support-stroke-coma-mike-perez

BoxingScene.com reports that Abdusalamov is now on life support as his condition has worsened. Shortly after being put into the coma, his condition stabilized. However, he has since suffered a stroke, resluting in his current condition.

terrible news

Triple Header on HBO tonight, but not the best card in terms of competitive matchups.

Vanes Martirosyan vs Demetrius Andrade:

Probably the most competitive fight of the 3, but has the potential to be a stinker. I don't see either of these guys being a real threat to the top dogs at 154

Nonito Donaire vs. Vic Darchinyan:

There is no reason for these two to fight again. Darchinyan is here to make Donaire look good after he got schooled by Rigondeaux. For all the talk of how boring Rigondeaux is, Donaire isn't all that exciting if his opponent doesn't come right after him. Donaire is a pure counter puncher and Darchinyan should make him look good. Should Darchinyan choose to box, Donaire will still win, but it will be ugly.

Mikey Garcia vs. Rocky Martinez:

I'm a huge Garcia fan, good to see him moving up to 130. Rocky Martinez is just about used up, at his best he probably still loses to Garcia. I'd be shocked if Garcia has any trouble with him tonight. If Garcia power stays with him, he'll probably finish Martinez in the mid to late rounds, otherwise a lopsided decision is on deck.

Donaire gets a late stoppage, but he looked bad tonight. Darchinyan hit him clean in every round, not a good sign for Donaire moving forward.

Judges actually had Darchinyan winning at the time of the KO, Donaire needed that finish.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

Bodyshot KO. Garcia can punch.

He has good pop, but really knows how to set his shots up. Very few fighters go to the body like that when they have already hurt their man up top. It was a beautiful sequence.

Not much to do at 130lbs, I doubt he stays there very long. Garcia vs. Gamboa (who he will kill) or Terrence Crawford at 135 are good matchups. 

Edited by StillUnknown

• 2 weeks later...

I got "Bam-Bam" Rios with the upset of Manny Pacquiao tonight. Manny will dominate the fight with his speed and power and bloody Rios up. With all of that punishment being dished out, Manny will get caught with a few big shots too. Think Rios will land the harder punches as the fight goes along. Rios in 9 by TKO.

11.gif

Make no mistake, Froch was coming on and Groves was showing signs of fatigue, but that flurry by Froch wouldn't make the top 5 most damaging flurries in this fight. (most provided by Groves)

I'm all for saving fighters, but Groves was not hurt. Froch could have gone on to win that fight in the later rounds, but we'll never know. That ref robbed everybody.

At the start of the fight, Groves was massively boo'd as he entered the ring. The crowd later massively boo'd that decision to stop the fight and boo'd Froch in his post fight interview when he acted like that was a legitimate stoppage. They know what they saw tonight.

Edited by StillUnknown