Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pacquiao-says-borrowing-typhoon-aid-110326798--spt.html

I hope this isn't a serious issue for Pac. I've read other stories from people close to him that says he spends his money faster than he makes it. I would hate to see him fighting well beyond the point of reason simply because he needs the funds.

Tough to KO the Philippino IRS.

Edited by mboyd784

Jesus Christ:

Pacquiao said the tax office took the action because it believed he had evaded paying 2.2 billion pesos ($50.2 million) in taxes on his fights in the United States in 2008 and 2009 when he was at the peak of his career and earning tens of millions of dollars.

I did notice in the lead up to this fight Dan Rafael and Arum were hyping up how Pacquiao's guarantee was tax free, now I see why.  Hope he gets this straightened out and isn't like Shane Mosley, who is fighting at 3:30 AM in Australia on a Wednesday (tonight/tom morning).

Jesus Christ:

Pacquiao said the tax office took the action because it believed he had evaded paying 2.2 billion pesos ($50.2 million) in taxes on his fights in the United States in 2008 and 2009 when he was at the peak of his career and earning tens of millions of dollars.

I did notice in the lead up to this fight Dan Rafael and Arum were hyping up how Pacquiao's guarantee was tax free, now I see why.  Hope he gets this straightened out and isn't like Shane Mosley, who is fighting at 3:30 AM in Australia on a Wednesday (tonight/tom morning).

Freddie Roach said a while back that Pac basically has some MC Hammer in him. He's trying to care of too many people and its bleeding him dry.

Just watched Antonio Uber Tarver beat a dude by 3 knockdown rule on FS1. The first uppercut came from the other side of the world, no idea how that guy didn't go night night. Surprised to see Tarver still fighting. Will never forget the night RJJ's run was ended.

In other news, Sugar Shane Mosley lost again.

Shane quit due to back spasms. His first KO lost. Didn't see the fight, but according to various articles, he was getting beat. Will check the video later. Hopefully, this quickens his retirement. No need for him to keep embarassing himself.  His divorce cost him just about everything and he's fighting for peanuts now.

Kovalev is a killer, he has that rare power. He has to fight Stevenson next, provided Stevenson wins his fight in a few minutes. Stevenson has a damn good punch of his own, but he sounded kind of skittish last time out when asked about fighting Kovalev.

If Stevenson won't fight him, I'd love to see Ward test himself and fight Kovalev at 175. There is nothing left for Ward at 168.

Edited by StillUnknown

That was a good stoppage. If it wasn't for the ropes, Bellew would be laying in press row. Stevenson did a lot of head hunting. It paid off in this fight, but I think Kovalev gets him. Can't wait for that fight.

Ward does need to move up. The winner of Kovalev/Stevenson is a good fight for him. He will be looking for some big $$$ and PPV event soon. We'll see how HBO treats him. Or he can stay and fight Pasqual/Bute winner at 168.

Looking more and more likely that Khan is getting Floyd next. ****ty fight for a PPV and the numbers will probably reflect it, unless they find a way to stack the undercard again.

They'll stack the undercard with a great card featuring a major Mexican.fighter and Floyd will take all the credit if the PPV does good numbers.

They'll stack the undercard with a great card featuring a major Mexican.fighter and Floyd will take all the credit if the PPV does good numbers.

As he should, there are all of 3 Mexican fighters who can move a PPV needle: Canelo, JCC JR, & JMM (and I'm stretching it with the last 2). None of those 3 will be on the undercard.

As he should, there are all of 3 Mexican fighters who can move a PPV needle: Canelo, JCC JR, & JMM (and I'm stretching it with the last 2). None of those 3 will be on the undercard.

But he'll have someone like Garcia or maybe Broner on his undercard which will help his numbers.

Call me crazy but I think Floyd is a bit overrated as a PPV draw. I do not put him in the class of Tyson or De La Hoya.

Rafael:

As for Pacquiao's opponent in April, Arum said there are three names under consideration: a fifth fight with Marquez, a rematch with welterweight titlist Timothy Bradley (who claimed a highly controversial split decision against Pacquiao in June 2012), and newly crowned junior middleweight titlist Ruslan Provodnikov of Russia.

Pac-Bradley, Pac-Marquez 642, Pac-Provodnikov are all solid fights (a trillion times better than Pac-Rios) but I think Pac-Marquez will be the biggest PPV draw by far.

500,000 PPV buys is pretty bad for the #2 draw in the sport.  Hopefully these future PPVs take the Floyd-Canelo approach and stack the undercard.  Helps build stars and makes the $60+ price tag easier to swallow

But he'll have someone like Garcia or maybe Broner on his undercard which will help his numbers.

Call me crazy but I think Floyd is a bit overrated as a PPV draw. I do not put him in the class of Tyson or De La Hoya.

He's no where near Tyson as a draw, Tyson is in a whole different class IMO.  Mayweather has had 6 fights draw a million buys and Pacquiao has 6 as well (going off of wiki numbers).  DLH is hard to quantify because he didn't have too many massive million plus buy shows but money wise he's either #1 or #2 because he constantly drew against good competition.

I think it goes Tyson, DLH, Mayweather, Pacquiao as all-time draws.

I still think Mayweather-Pacquaio would be a ridiculously huge money making fight

I think Pacquiao fights Bradley. That fight makes the most sense plus it's probably the safest fight. Bradley says Provodnikov hits harder than Pacquiao, let's see him fight Pacquiao the same way he fought Provodnikov.

Provodnikov would make the least amount of money PLUS it's the most dangerous fight out of the three.

I believe Pacquiao would KO JMM if they fought again BUT anything can happen in a Pac/JMM fight. I'm sure they'd be some strict drug test this time around.

Edited by DM72

I call you crazy for that one.

Tyson was a different category, I doubt we see anything quite like that again in this lifetime.

He's not Tyson, but he could end up next to DLH, and he's held the mantle for this era.

All mega events require a good "B" side to make them a spectacle, something that reaches beyond the typical boxing crowd. There have been 2 PPV's to go over 2 million buys, and Floyd was a part of both. Against DLH, he was the "B" side, against Canelo, he was the "A".

Edited by StillUnknown