Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Floyd Mayweather Sr. has stated that Adrien Broner’s idolising of his son could be the downfall of the three-weight world champion. The current WBA 147 lb titlist, and 135 lb WBC champion is about to sign terms for a big Showtime PPV clash against the feared puncher Marcos Maidana, although Mayweather Sr. has insinuated that the Argentinian will be the first actual live opponent the American has faced, and that his mimicking of Floyd Mayweather’s style and famous shoulder roll could backfire during the anticipated bout.

“Another one it’s going to happen to, as soon as he gets the right man in his face, is Broner. Broner, so far, so good. He’s doing it the best of anyone else that’s did it. But then, also, he’s had stiffs in front of him. He hasn’t had no real fighter in front of him, man. When he gets somebody real in front of him, he’s going to forget all about the roll. The roll won’t even be there, believe me. The roll won’t be there, none of that other stuff picking off, catching, rolling — you won’t see none of that,” Mayweather told David Mayo.

Floyd Sr saw it coming.

Broner's big problem is that he just not as skilled as he was hyped as. Maidana is a B- welterweight, but Broner should still be skilled enough to fend him off. He wasnt. And he a stupid fighter.

He has to drop back to 140 because he has no pop in his punches at 147.

Broner's gonna wind up.being the next Zab Judah.

Zab is way more skilled than Broner is.
  • Like 1

Floyd Sr saw it coming.

Broner's big problem is that he just not as skilled as he was hyped as. Maidana is a B- welterweight, but Broner should still be skilled enough to fend him off. He wasnt. And he a stupid fighter.

He has to drop back to 140 because he has no pop in his punches at 147.

Zab is way more skilled than Broner is.

I swear Floyd Sr only becomes coherent when talking about boxing strategy. He's crazy as hell, but every now and again, he drops some real knowledge. His mind might be gone, but his boxing mind is still sharp.

Broner could be the next Prince Naseem if he isn't careful. Prince NEVER recovered from that beat down Barrera put on him.

• Like 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAy8cCfmvtY

Adrien Raw Dawg Broner :lol:  :lol: :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  LOL funniest **** ever lol and that's my boy 

Why do you even like dude? Floyd has his faults and we all know he's not my favorite, but this idiot is much worse. I just heard he punched an old woman in the face and took her purse. THREE YEARS AGO!!!! IMO, dude is nothing but slime.

• 2 weeks later...

TMT and Floyd Mayweather making fun of Manny Pacquiao.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-boxing-mayweather-pacquiao-christmas-card-20131224,0,265080.story#axzz2ogyY56y2

Floyd Mayweather Jr. stopped short of giving sports fans his Christmas present to the world, but he did deliver some comic relief in producing a Twitter post photo montage he described as his “Christmas card to the world.”

Four photos show Mayweather holding up a wad of cash, telling Manny Pacquiao, “I’ll pay you $40 million to fight,” followed by Pacquiao replying, “No way. You’re crazy. 50/50 or nothing,” with another photo showing the Filipino star flattened face first on the canvas after his December 2012 loss to Juan Manuel Marquez.

Lastly, a photo showing Pacquiao praying has the caption, “Dear God, please have Floyd call me again.”

Again, someone at TMT making fun of Khan, Maidana and Pacquiao.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15867.html

"Juan Marquez ate Timothy Bradley's leftovers......Now you're telling me I got to eat Juan Marquez's leftovers? Let me talk to the IRS about this," stated undefeated pound-for-pound king Floyd "Money" Mayweather, who took to his social network accounts and made it crystal clear how he feels about a potential showdown with multi-division world champion Manny Pacquiao. Mayweather seems less than impressed with the fact that Pacquiao made a successful ring return last month, dominating former lightweight champion Brandon Rios over the course of 12 rounds to win a unanimous decision. It was Pacquiao's first fight back after being badly knocked out nearly a year ago by ring-rival Juan Manuel Marquez.

In response to the Pacquiao bashing, some fans made fun of Floyd Mayweather.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/12/24/13/pacquiao-fans-fire-back-mayweather

MANILA, Philippines – After seeing their idol ridiculed in an Internet meme from Floyd Mayweather Jr., fans of Manny Pacquiao came up with their own response against the controversial American boxer.

Pacquiao supporters came up with memes of their own, while others shared or resurrected memes depicting Mayweather’s continued refusal to fight Pacquiao.

*** See more at links

Both camps making fun of each other. Hopefully, one day we'll see them fight. I won't hold my breath waiting for it.

Floyd is still running from Pacquiao. No surprise there. Just wondering, was Cotto considered a Pacquiao left over?

Yea technically he was. Even though one could argue that, since the stipulations of each fight were TOTALLY different, Paq had all the advantages in his favor when he faced Cotto but Floyd had the deck stacked against him in his Cotto bout. 

Nice links. 2013 was a great year for boxing. I hope 2014 is just as good. If the Golden Boy (Showtime) vs Top Rank (HBO) cold war ever ends, we the fans will get to see some great fights. Here's to hoping.

A lot of signs are pointing to Amir Khan in May, but I think we get thrown a curve ball with the May 3 opponent for Floyd. Maybe Maidana, since he has some hype coming off the Broner victory. Or maybe, we'll see someone else. Wouldn't mind seeing Khan, but I'm not paying $70 for it.  Khan has speed, but no chin or defense.  He was boxing Danny Garcia's ears off until he got caught with a solid punch. The same will happen against Floyd, except he won't be that much faster. Floyd has a good chin and the best defense. Whoever it is, I hope it's a good opponent and a stacked card.

That would be a nice card. I think GB wants Canelo to start headlining his own PPVs. Think he's supposed to fight again in March or April (Angulo). If not, I can see GB setting him up with an easy title shot. Matthysse isn't moving to 147 lbs yet. Plus, Maidana deserves the shot against Floyd before Khan.  Floyd did mention he wants to get some more TMT guys on his card, so we'll see how that goes. His stable isn't deep yet, but TMT and GB can do some work and put on a decent card. 2013 was a great year for boxing, no reason to stop now.

My wish would be:

Floyd vs Maidana

Canelo vs Angulo

Guerrero vs Malignaggi

Peterson vs Khan

L. Santa-Cruz vs TBD

Throw some TMT fighters on non-televised portion or SHOBOX Extreme.

Not enough money to split fairly to the fighters, but a decent card IMO.

I think something like 

Mayweather-Khan

Canelo-Molina

Matthyse-Maidana 

is definitely doable

I would buy that for Matthysse/Maidana alone lol

As Ksun mentioned, they want Canelo on his own, most likely to gauge his star power. He'll probably end up fighting Angulo, he's a relatively bigger name and probably an easier fight for Canelo than Molina.

Since Danny Garcia pretty much took himself out of the running for a shot at Mayweather, it would make sense to put his next fight on the undercard. It keeps his name visible to the public an sets him up to fight Floyd in the future, he has to keep his momentum going from his fight with Matthysse.

Edited by StillUnknown

If Floyd claims he's so much more of a draw than Pacquiao, don't stack the undercard with Maidana/Matthysee, Garcia and Broner. If he doesn't, he'll be lucky to get 700,000 buys.

Edited by DM72

If Floyd claims he's so much more of a draw than Pacquiao, don't stack the undercard with Maidana/Matthysee, Garcia and Broner. If he doesn't, he'll be lucky to get 700,000 buys.

im confused by this line of thinking?

Idk about you, but I love watching undercards with good fights. I absolutely enjoy it. When promoters throws out those horrible undercards, I usually try and catch only the main event and be on my way. Why wouldnt you want to see a great undercard?

Secondly, and more importantly, the general public has no idea who a Lucas Matthysse is, or a Marcos Mandiana, or even a Danny Garcia. Thats the reason why those guys are fighting on the undercard and not headlining.

• Like 2

What was his numbers vs Guerrero? I believe they were in the 700,000 range. What was Pacquiao/Bradley? At the time, Bradley wasn't all that well known.

What you guys seem to don't understand is that Pacquiao is always the lone star on.his PPV's where as Mayweather is almost always is accompanied with a co-feature. Mosley, Alverez, Garcia, Matthysee have all fought on Mayweather undercards. And yes, they have all helped his numbers.

Again, let him fight Khan without a stacked undercard and then tell me he's a way bigger draw than Pacquiao.

What was his numbers vs Guerrero? I believe they were in the 700,000 range. What was Pacquiao/Bradley? At the time, Bradley wasn't all that well known.

What you guys seem to don't understand is that Pacquiao is always the lone star on.his PPV's where as Mayweather is almost always is accompanied with a co-feature. Mosley, Alverez, Garcia, Matthysee have all fought on Mayweather undercards. And yes, they have all helped his numbers.

Again, let him fight Khan without a stacked undercard and then tell me he's a way bigger draw than Pacquiao.

Again, why would any boxing fan encourage a promotion to not stack an undercard? We are trying to get away from that practice.

As for Pac being the "lone star" on his PPV, even if you compare their common opponents on PPV, Mayweather's numbers have always been better.

This is not to denigrate Pac in anyway, I'm simply saying that its a fact that Mayweather is a superior draw. Being the 2nd biggest draw in boxing is still very good business.

• Like 1