Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

If Pacquiao is full of ****, then why don't Mayweather prove it. If he does, he would look good while making Pacquiao look really bad. And from what I heard, Pac's tax problems are or have been worked out.

You guys might be right, but Floyd comes up with some ridiculous excuses not to fight this man. Now he's a desperate dog?

Pacquiao is desperate and trolling, the guy who turned down $40 mill because it wasn't "fair" now wants to turn the most lucrative fight in boxing history into a fight where no one gets money?  This is the same thing as the the whole "Pac is cut and it won't heal in time/we need to build a new stadium that won't be ready in time" nonsense they were throwing out a couple of years ago. 

Oh please, that $40 million offer was not on good faith. What would Floyd would have gotten, $160M? I said it before, if I were Pacquiao I would not have accepted anything less than $70M.

And again, if Pacquiao is full of ****, why don't Floyd just simply call out his bluff? If Pacquiao is lying, it should be easy to prove. But we all know Floyd is not gonna do that. He'll just continue calling Pacquiao a desperate dog.

Oh please, that $40 million offer was not on good faith. What would Floyd would have gotten, $160M? I said it before, if I were Pacquiao I would not have accepted anything less than $70M.

And again, if Pacquiao is full of ****, why don't Floyd just simply call out his bluff? If Pacquiao is lying, it should be easy to prove. But we all know Floyd is not gonna do that. He'll just continue calling Pacquiao a desperate dog.

Call his bluff by agreeing to a fight where he'll get nothing?  This "offer" is not in good faith, it's to get Pacquiao's name in the news, nothing more nothing less.  If Mayweather had made this asinine "offer" you would be all over this thread calling him out, rightfully so, but because it's Pacquiao it's on Mayweather to "call his bluff"...

No, I would not. If Floyd made the offer, the ball would be in Pacquiao's court.

And the reason Pacquiao made this offer is because Floyd has been calling him a desperate dog which Pacquiao disagree with.

Edit: For the record, I think it would be ridiculous for either of these fighters to fight for free but I understand why Pacquiao made the suggestion.

Edited by DM72

Well considering Pac is not his own boss and has no decision-making power in the matter, there is reason for Floyd to even entertain this ludicrous offer.

This is just more nonsense fodder from Pac so his fans who know nothing about the business side of the sport can go on social media and say "See, Pac will fight for free, Mayweather is chicken"

And that ridiculous $40M offer was just for his fans, who are brainless, can tell everybody, "you see, Pacquiao is the one who doesn't want the fight, who would turn down $40M?" Do you guys really believe Pacquiao was gonna agree to a fight where he would get none of the PPV revenue?

You guys STILL buy into the, "Floyd is his own boss" crap? Take my word, dude is a Golden Boy fighter. His former buddy 50 Cent pretty much confirmed that.

And that ridiculous $40M offer was just for his fans, who are brainless, can tell everybody, "you see, Pacquiao is the one who doesn't want the fight, who would turn down $40M?" Do you guys really believe Pacquiao was gonna agree to a fight where he would get none of the PPV revenue?

You guys STILL buy into the, "Floyd is his own boss" crap? Take my word, dude is a Golden Boy fighter. His former buddy 50 Cent pretty much confirmed that.

LOL all I can do is laugh man. You keep making these same baseless arguments. All parties involve must share blame as to why the fight hasn't happened but everybody knows why it won't:

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/535271/20140121/manny-pacquiao-next-fight.htm#.Ut6e19Io7Gg

LOL all I can do is laugh man. You keep making these same baseless arguments. All parties involve must share blame as to why the fight hasn't happened but everybody knows why it won't:

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/535271/20140121/manny-pacquiao-next-fight.htm#.Ut6e19Io7Gg

Baseless arguments? Please explain.

I'm not saying Top Rank is squeaky clean, but it was Mayweather with his ridiculous "take the test" movement that started it all.

Plus, Mayweather is considered the best fighter of this generation. It's more on him to demand a fight with the second best fighter of this generation which he clearly have not. It's been one excuse after another. Who can deny that.

Edit: I read the article. If you say that Top Rank doesn't want the Mayweather fight, maybe they don't. But I can tell you one thing, Mayweather doesn't want the fight either.

Edited by DM72

Baseless arguments? Please explain.

I'm not saying Top Rank is squeaky clean, but it was Mayweather with his ridiculous "take the test" movement that started it all.

Plus, Mayweather is considered the best fighter of this generation. It's more on him to demand a fight with the second best fighter of this generation which he clearly have not. It's been one excuse after another. Who can deny that.

Here's your "one excuse after the another" right here buddy:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content11512.html

Edited by T-REX1240

Really?? Not only are they ridiculous, laughable, excuses but QUOTES supported by links to the actual articles. 

The vast majority of those ARE NOT the reason the fight wasn't made though. They're pretty much just random quotes.

Floyd's latest excuses, "Pacquiao is a desperate dog that want Mayweather to erase his problems." And "Pacquiao had his chance." Also, "Pacquiao lost 2 times recently." My favorite, "Pacquiao has to leave Top Rank and join Mayweather Promotions."

And lets not forget, right from Floyd's mouth, he once said in referring to a fight with Pacquiao, "I'm afraid for my health." 

Edited by DM72

The vast majority of those ARE NOT the reason the fight wasn't made though. They're pretty much just random quotes.

Floyd's latest excuses, "Pacquiao is a desperate dog that want Mayweather to erase his problems." And "Pacquiao had his chance." Also, "Pacquiao lost 2 times recently." My favorite, "Pacquiao has to leave Top Rank and join Mayweather Promotions."

Dude you don't get it. Stop worrying about "the vast majority" and worry about the one thing they ALL have in common... Bob Arum. All 99 of those excuses were quotes directly from Arums mouth and just look how contradictory they were. How do you ignore the repeated blatant contradiction?

Floyd too contradicts himself which is why I have repeatedly said all parties involved deserve a share of the blame. But to make it seem as if it's only (or even mostly) Floyd's camp who's been doing the posturing, you're delusional!!

Dude you don't get it. Stop worrying about "the vast majority" and worry about the one thing they ALL have in common... Bob Arum. All 99 of those excuses were quotes directly from Arums mouth and just look how contradictory they were. How do you ignore the repeated blatant contradiction?

Floyd too contradicts himself which is why I have repeatedly said all parties involved deserve a share of the blame. But to make it seem as if it's only (or even mostly) Floyd's camp who's been doing the posturing, you're delusional!!

The thing is, it's not Bob Arum's legacy that's on the line, it's Floyd. No matter how you slice it, Floyd is gonna always look worse than Bob Arum in this. We all know Bob Arum is gonna be Bob arum. He's an oldskool promoter who's gonna do what's best for Bob Arum and he could care less about Pacquiao. Floyd on the other hand, is gonna go down as an all-time great who didn't want to fight his greatest challenger.

Edited by DM72

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15987.html

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/pacquiao-bradley-ii-235478

Pacquiao vs Bradley 2 scheduled for April 12th.

According to reports out of the Philippines, multi-division world champion Manny Pacquiao has agreed to terms for a rematch with undefeated WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley. Nick Giongco of the Manila Bulletin reports that an anonymous source has confirmed that the bout is a go for April 12 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

More at the links...

Can't wait. Bradley by a legit decision this time!

According to reports out of the Philippines, multi-division world champion Manny Pacquiao has agreed to terms for a rematch with undefeated WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley. Nick Giongco of the Manila Bulletin reports that an anonymous source has confirmed that the bout is a go for April 12 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

More at the links...

I wish I knew you because I'd put some $ down on that bet. This is the fight, other than Mayweather, that I hoped Pacquiao would take. I'm definitely looking forward to this fight.

• Like 1

if it goes twelve rounds, there is no chance Bradley gets a decision even if he knocks Manny down 3 times and outboxes him.

The press release for the bout was making Bradley like he is a C-level fighter, lol.

June 7th in Madison Square Garden is going to be Cotto vs. Martinez at 160, apparently.

Edited by JoeWolf990

I am not sure if I can pick Bradley to win, but I think he will do better than people are expecting.  There will be a lot of pressure on the judges to "right their wrong" from the 1st fight, so Bradley will have to put on a hell of a performance to get a decision.

More at the links...

Here's "Bull****ting Bob" at his finest:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/313681-bob-arum-manny-pacquiao-tim-bradley-not-done