Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Jeff Mayweather is by far the sanest Mayweather. That's probably why he's the least famous.

It's a shame because TR has some very good fighters that would benefit from being on a Pacquiao undercard.

With that being said, Arum isn't entirely wrong. People pay to see the main event.

Yep like one of my fav fighters in the sport right now, Guillermo Rigondeaux.

Yea you're right but I mean if people have to shell out the money to see the fight, the least you could do is give them a good show up until.

Manny's numbers have been terrible as of late; probably wouldn't hurt to try something different with the most prized fighter in his stable. Even though the undercard barely moves the view-needle, I've never heard of a stacked card causing a droppage in the ppv buys. There are a lot of factors why Manny's numbers are low right now but it wouldn't hurt at all to stack the card once or twice and see what happens.

Golden Boy is really killing it with these stacked cards. Setting the bar pretty high these days.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/3/4/5468980/sergey-kovalev-lets-loose-adonis-stevenson-is-a-coward-and-a-piece-of

"Unfortunately, the only words that I can use to describe a coward like Adonis is that he is a piece of ****. And right now we are focused on Agnew and working hard to be ready in New Jersey to get another victory."

I love Kovalev, straight killer.

Edited by StillUnknown

Molina vs Charlo fight in jeopardy due to Molina's arrest.

LAS VEGAS -- Carlos Amado Molina, the IBF junior middleweight world champion, was arrested here Tuesday by Las Vegas Metropolitan Police and as of 9:30 a.m. Pacific time on Thursday remained in the Clark County Detention Center.

Molina is supposed to make the first defense of the belt he won in September from Ishe Smith on Saturday at the MGM Grand against Jermall Charlo. Golden Boy's Richard Schaefer, who is promoting the fight card but is not Molina's promoter, said as of 9:45 a.m. Pacific time Thursday that Molina was still on the card.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/molina-arrested-again-fight-is-in-jeopardy-238433

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/boxer-carlos-molina-arrested-las-vegas-charges-wisconsin-182410731--box.html

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/molina-arrested-on-old-warrant-could-miss-canelo-angulo-press-conference-238425

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/ibf-light-middleweight-champ-carlos-molina-jailed/2014/03/06/341108a4-a588-11e3-b865-38b254d92063_story.html

Edited by ksun247

Canelo can make 152 for Floyd, but can't make 154 for Angulo? He renegotiates on the day of the weigh-in and comes in at 155. He also can't be more than 168lbs tonight or he has to cough up more money.

When you're the "A-side" boxing allows you dictate just about every aspect of the fight, even on the day before the event.

I hope he wasn't slacking off in his training for this fight, Angulo is very beatable, but that doesn't mean he's an easy fight.

MW is really thin right now, maybe Canelo thinks he can handle 160 in the future, but he seems short for that division.

Edited by StillUnknown

Even though Angulo was tailor made for Canelo to get his confidence back, that was a good stoppage. Angulo had no answer for Canelo. Canelo showed good movement, decent defense, hand speed and some pop in his punches.  I wonder if Canelo will give Lara a shot now.

Even though Angulo was tailor made for Canelo to get his confidence back, that was a good stoppage. Angulo had no answer for Canelo. Canelo showed good movement, decent defense, hand speed and some pop in his punches.  I wonder if Canelo will give Lara a shot now.

He might, he took the Trout fight against his people's wishes. That said, if he wants to keep cashing PPV checks, he will fight the winner of Cotto/Martinez.

I'm not mad about the stoppage at all. The ref was talking with the doctor in between the last 2-3 rounds of that fight. Angulo's own corner told him they were getting close to stopping it. Angulo had maybe one good round the entire fight, he took a savage beating. Tony Weeks has a pretty good rep as a ref, he stepped in at the right time during Corrales/Castillo (still the greatest fight of my lifetime).

Angulo's a warrior, so I expect him to be pissed, but the ref did his job. The ref is there to enforce rules and protect the fighter from himself.

Fights like this is the reason why I now just started charging my guest. This was a one-sided beatdown. Wasn't gonna order it but was talked into it. Expect the same kind of fight with Mayweather/Maidana.

Mayweather Allegedly Had Two Ex-Employees Brutally Beaten Over Stolen Jewelry.

http://thebiglead.com/2014/03/12/floyd-mayweather-allegedly-had-employees-brutally-beaten-over-missing-jewelry-according-to-tmz/

For Mayweather's sake, I hope this isn't true. I can kind of relate to this because my house was robbed once. Mayweather on the otherhand, has way too much to lose to be playing "Godfather" if true.

I want to believe it isn't true, but who knows. Floyd has had issues in the past where he allegedly had guys do work for him. He has too much to lose for being foolish, if he did have this done. When you flash all the money and fancy things and always have a gang of people at your house, some folks can get jealous. The potential for someone to steal from you is there. Will wait and see what comes of this.

I want to believe it isn't true, but who knows. Floyd has had issues in the past where he allegedly had guys do work for him. He has too much to lose for being foolish, if he did have this done. When you flash all the money and fancy things and always have a gang of people at your house, some folks can get jealous. The potential for someone to steal from you is there. Will wait and see what comes of this.

I've said it before, Floyd is an accident waiting to happen with the way he flaunts his money. He seems like the kind of guy that probably has at least $20,000 in his house.

Dan RafaelVerified account

‏@danrafaelespn

Just announced by @SHOsports that #CaneloAngulo PPV did "well over 350,000" buys. No specific # though. Still, that is very good. #boxing

I was expecting between 200-250k, very good number for Canelo. The only bad thing about that number is that it probably means Canelo is PPV only now.

Dan RafaelVerified account

‏@danrafaelespn

Just announced by @SHOsports that #CaneloAngulo PPV did "well over 350,000" buys. No specific # though. Still, that is very good. #boxing

I was expecting between 200-250k, very good number for Canelo. The only bad thing about that number is that it probably means Canelo is PPV only now.

How are those numbers real good, but when Pacquiao/Rios did around 350,000 buys, it was bad?

Edited by DM72

How are those numbers real good, but when Pacquiao/Rios did around 350,000 buys, it was bad?

Thats a silly comparison, the expectations are entirely different.

Pac is an established superstar, and his fight with Rios severely under-performed his past PPV #'s.

This was Canelo's first time carrying a PPV on his own and against someone only known to hardcore boxing fans. If he's still doing these same numbers a 2 or 3 years from now, then Canelo will have a problem

350k is very similar to what Floyd & Pac did their first time carrying a PPV.

Edited by StillUnknown