Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

That's an OK undercard. I would have like to see someone from the 2 May card moved to the PPV.  I understand money is probably an issue with some of the decent names. Floyd is getting his team some love with Love/Periban fighting on the PPV telecast. But his fight with Periban should be moved to the day prior and switched with Lara/Smith.

Another nice card on 26 April at the StubHub Center

Keith Thurman (22-0, 20KOs) vs Julio Diaz (40-9-1, 29 KOs)

LucasMatthysse (34-3, 32 KOs) vs John Molina (27-3, 22 KOs)

Omar Figueroa (22-0-1, 17 KOs) vs Jerry Belmontes (19-3, 5 KOs)

Gonna be some good boxing matches coming up these next few months.

Lara/Smith has a high potential for boredom. Ishe is skilled, but he's not the kind of guy you look good against. Mayweather sees something in Love that he likes, I don't see it, but he's sticking by his guy. Collazo/Khan could get interesting if Khan is still depressed about not getting the Floyd fight.

Edited by StillUnknown

HBO is a sinking ship, time to clear out the top of their sports division.  They let Stevenson/Haymon play them and go to Showtime.

Khan/Collazo will be a good fight i think, Khan better come prepared.  Broner should smoke Molina.  

Mayweather will never be in the position to "need" Pac and will most likely never do business with Bob Arum, this has been clear for the last 5 years.  Scheffer/Haymon/Mayweather and DLH have made CBS/Showtime the premier boxing network.  HBO's schedule so far this year has been atrocious (especially non-PPVs)

• Like 1

Arum's stable of PPV attractions is drying up. Pac did a bad number, for him, his last time out. Chavez Jr is their next best PPV hope and he's getting killed if they match him up with Golovkin as rumors suggests.

Business wise, I understand why Stevenson moved to Showtime. As a boxing fan. it sucks because I really wanted to see him fight Kovalev. A potential Stevenson/B-Hop clash makes more money though for all involved, and its an intriguing fight in its own respect. I just hope HBO can get some decent competition for Kovalev. LHW is very top heavy, the only fight in which Kovalev wouldn't be a massive favorite is if they got Ward to move up to 175.

Mayweather will never be in the position to "need" Pac and will most likely never do business with Bob Arum, this has been clear for the last 5 years.  Scheffer/Haymon/Mayweather and DLH have made CBS/Showtime the premier boxing network.  HBO's schedule so far this year has been atrocious (especially non-PPVs)

We will come back.to this statement if Pac takes care of Bradley and May pulls in sub 1M buys.

Boxing Legend Marvelous Marvin Hagler Thinks Mayweather Might Be Afraid Of Pacquiao, Khan.

http://www.fashiontimes.com/articles/4037/20140325/boxing-legend-marvelous-marvin-hagler-says-floyd-mayweather-might-be-afraid-of-facing-many-pacquiao-and-amir-khan.htm

Interesting video from a few years ago at the bottom of the page. Mayweather pretty much explains why he won't fight Pacquiao.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/10681835/family-incapacitated-boxer-magomed-abdusalamov-files-lawsuit-ny-commission-state-madison-square-garden

I figured this was coming soon. When in the ring, the boxers must always protect themselves at all times. Mago's corner failed him in this instance. I know he was fighting back, but that was a brutal beating.

Boxing Legend Marvelous Marvin Hagler Thinks Mayweather Might Be Afraid Of Pacquiao, Khan.

http://www.fashiontimes.com/articles/4037/20140325/boxing-legend-marvelous-marvin-hagler-says-floyd-mayweather-might-be-afraid-of-facing-many-pacquiao-and-amir-khan.htm

Interesting video from a few years ago at the bottom of the page. Mayweather pretty much explains why he won't fight Pacquiao.

Hagler is my 2nd favorite boxer ever (just behind Sweet Pea), but there is not a soul in boxing who is afraid of Amir Khan.

Hagler is my 2nd favorite boxer ever (just behind Sweet Pea), but there is not a soul in boxing who is afraid of Amir Khan.

Hagler, Trinidad and Pacquiao are mine. But I think he was talking of Khan's style more than anything else.

Edited by DM72

Hagler, Trinidad and Pacquiao are mine. But I think he was talking of Khan's style more than anything else.

Styles do make fights, but Amir's weakness is the inability to follow a strategy once the action gets going.

Not sure why, but I always rooted against Trinidad. Loved to watch him fight, but I would always end up rooting for whoever he was fighting. Nothing about him or his game bothered me at the time, not sure why I was so opposed to him.

Styles do make fights, but Amir's weakness is the inability to follow a strategy once the action gets going.

Not sure why, but I always rooted against Trinidad. Loved to watch him fight, but I would always end up rooting for whoever he was fighting. Nothing about him or his game bothered me at the time, not sure why I was so opposed to him.

Lol...Is it because he beat Sweet Pea?

HBO played a role in all this as well, they apparently tried to low ball Stevenson before he started talking to Haymon. As wrong as Stevenson is for avoiding Kovalev, HBO is just as wrong for acting like they got rejected for a date.

Can you really blame HBO? After his last fight, Stevenson was asked about Kovalev and named every fighter other than Kovalev and now he's heading to Showtime? That's why I can't get behind a lot of these guys. They ALWAYS have a convenient excuse to not fight the fighter everyone wants to see them fight.

EDIT: Believe it or not, but Al Haymon is ruining boxing.

Edited by DM72

Takes more than one man to ruin boxing. Honestly, his partnership with Showtime has allowed them to put on much better cards as of late. Showtime had their best year, and one of the better years in recent memory under a partnership with Haymon.

I wonder how many more fights Kovalev has with HBO, its not like he's tied down to Top Rank. Nothing stopping Haymon from scooping him up when his HBO deal is over. All HBO can offer is Jean Pascal and a bunch of cans. I doubt Ward will move up to fight him.

Just the way he's been talking. There's rumors of a rif between him.and Oscar. Floyd is supposed to be his own boss and Schaefer was going around talking as if Floyd was HIS fighter. That might have caused the rib between him and Oscar. Even in that article, he's defiant and arrogant.