Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

The weigh in means little to nothing because fighters just rehydrate on the day of the fight. Canelo was only 1.5 lbs heavier than Floyd at the weigh in but actually multiplied that gap by 10x on the night of the fight.

Marquez demanded the catchweight and Floyd definitely payed his penalty for being over weight but honestly dude, that fight was a complete one-sided domination. Do you honestly think if Floyd was 2lbs lighter there would have been a difference??

No, but JMM was already at a disadvantage to begin with. Seriously, he was not all that far removed from 130 when he fought Floyd.

No, but JMM was already at a disadvantage to begin with. Seriously, he was not all that far removed from 130 when he fought Floyd.

Okay maybe I asked the question wrong. Looking at how that fight played out, do you think if JMM was a full feldged WW at the time of the fight it would have made a difference??

Like I said, DM72 is just not objective on Mayweather. He cannot be objective and will say anything to downplay his appeal and talent.

Every fighter will beat Floyd until the fight is made, then they wont beat Floyd and it was a joke fight, etc lol.

You cant take him serious in these conversations.

• Like 1

No, I'm just not gonna fall for all his BS as opposed to some people.

I'll give you an example. The $40M he offered Pacquiao. You probably thought Floyd was really being genuine. HE KNEW Pacquiao was not gonna take that offer and he knew gullible people like you would fall for it.

"He's not qualified to fight me." But Ortiz, Guerrero, Cotto and Alverez were?

His latest: "If Pacquiao wants to fight me, he must join Mayweather Promotions."

We won't even get into the 'take the test" fiasco.

Floyd's a masterful boxer, but again, I'm gonna call him out on his BS.

Edited by DM72

No, I'm just not gonna fall for all his BS as opposed to some people.

I'll give you an example. The $40M he offered Pacquiao. You probably thought Floyd was really being genuine. HE KNEW Pacquiao was not gonna take that offer and he knew gullible people like you would fall for it.

"He's not qualified to fight me." But Ortiz, Guerrero, Cotto and Alverez were?

His latest: "If Pacquiao wants to fight me, he must join Mayweather Promotions."

We won't even get into the 'take the test" fiasco.

Floyd's a masterful boxer, but again, I'm gonna call him out on his BS.

Ortiz, Guerrero, Cotto, and Alvarez didn't have HALF the financial demands of Pacquiao!! If Manny was gonna accept the purse split they did then it would have been super easy to make.

He doesn't want to deal with GodFather Bob, period.

Last but def not least, Manny Pacquiao and everybody in his circle knows full well they should have taken that 40mil. Not only was that double his highest career pay day but now he'll NEVER see anything close to that ever again in life!! Pacquaio was a damn fool not to take that offer and if the same offer was on the table today or tomorrow, they would hop on it so fast you'd think he was Sonic the Hedgehog chasing gold rings.

That's where you guys are clueless. Just because Pacquiao has never earned $40M, doesn't mean he's gonna allow Floyd to short-change him either. Most people believe that a Pacquiao/Mayweather fight would have generated around $200M. If I wads Pacquiao, I would not have accepted anything less that $70M.

And of course Pac's financial demands are higher that those other fighters. Pac is a much bigger name than the others.

I wasnt saying Paq shouldn't have more demands than those guys. I only mentioned those names because you did. I was only stating why they were "worthy" of the fight & Paq wasn't. As I said before, Floyd as great a boxer as he is, is undoubtedly a business First.

As far as this 40mil goes, I don't think Paq should have got 70 when the fight would have probably made roughly 150. Me personally, even at it's peak I never saw that figh racking 200mil. Now with that being said, 70mil is extremely close to 50%. So that's a definite N-O

But that's water under the bridge. Now with everything on the table, Floyd's continued dominance of the sport, Manny's recent struggles, the lost buzz of the fight, etc etc... what does Paq deserve now??s

Edited by T-REX1240

Hey folks. First time poster in this thread.

I went to an MMA event the other night and had a pretty good time boozing it up with my buddies in a box. I realized though after watching these guys fight that MMA is pretty sophomoric. Every fight more or less went like this: Guys box for a bit then get to the ground. They grapple around on the floor until they tire out then someone gets a submission or a knock out. Got pretty boring after a while. That's when I realized how awesome traditional boxing is. Its not this brute force thing its made out to be. Its scientific, artful, and beautiful to watch if you know what to look for.

The sport has a new fan.

Edited by Stadium-Armory
  • Like 1

I really want Pac to fight Bradley next, but if the rumors are true, he's asking for $8M, which is ridiculous. I'm.not really interested on him fighting Guerrero.

If Bradley was awarded the W in the last match, why should he be short-changed in the rematch? Ball is kinda in his court under the circumstances. (Even tho the circumstances are a little skewed in this case)

I don't think he should be short-changed, but $8M seems to.be pretty steap.

It's funny that you have no problem with Pac being short-changed when it comes to Mayweather, but Bradley (who's still not a very big star) shouldn't be short-changed against Pac.

Broner said he would be back in the ring soon and that he would not fight anybody else until he got his redemption against Maidana first.

I don't think that's a good move for Broner but I believe if he stays on the outside and actually boxes, like he did in those middle rounds, he actually stands a small chance. But if he brawls and fights Maidana's fight again, he'll take another L.

If indeed this fight is made, I'm almost positive it goes on the May 3rd card.

Do you think Bradley should get more than Pacquiao?

Absolutely not. But I don't think 8mil is outrageous under the circumstances.If Manny isn't making more than 8mil for ANY fight, there is a serious serious problem.

• Like 1

I don't think he should be short-changed, but $8M seems to.be pretty steap.

It's funny that you have no problem with Pac being short-changed when it comes to Mayweather, but Bradley (who's still not a very big star) shouldn't be short-changed against Pac.

Come on DM Pac has been getting 20M + for a while now, Bradley deserves some cash he worked his ass off no one is saying he should get 20 but if Pac is getting 20 million then why can't Bradley get 8? Bradley is undefeated, he beat Pacquaio, been in 2 good fights the russian guy and Marquez. I think 8 Million is valid.

But Floyd earns more. Pacquiao, I believe, usually earns around $20M a fight, which is good. Floyd usually earns around $30M. If Pac was to give Bradley $8M, he probably won't be getting $20M.

But Bradley has all the leverage in the world right now...not so??

Not really. He STILL needs Pacquiao more than Pacquiao needs him. Pac is still the star.

DM correct me if I am wrong if Pac and Bradley fight then that fight should do 800,000 buys or better. If that happens at 60 dollars per fight your looking at 48,000,000 in revenue! Not including the gate. PAC should get his 20 million, Bradley 8 million and Uncle Bob can the tax man can get the rest while HBO and arena can take the gate. I don't know how they break it up but 48,000,000 with out the gate which should be another 8 million that should be enough for the fighters to get paid 28 million combined. Still way enough for uncle bob to rob the fighters and get his cut.

We are talking about 56,000,000 here at least.

• Like 2