Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

I don't think Bob Arum is going to allow him to get in the ring with anyone who is a threat for the remainder of his career unless it is JMM because a 5th fight would be huge money even if Manny got hurt.

They need to FINALLY cash out on the May/Pac fight. Pacquiao does have A LOT more options, but who else is out there for Mayweather?

I've had my fill of Lampely, he did everything but drop to a knee and propose to Pacquiao last night.

LOL. I thought they were bending over backwards trying to turn Rios into the second coming of Mike Tyson.

Edited by DM72

the Mayweather Pacquiao fight will not happenArum doesnt want it to happen and Floyd isnt fussed about it eitherPlus the Golden Boy/Top Rank feud.Lets stop talking about it, its a waste of time.

I think Floyd signing that huge deal with Showtime/CBS might have changed that. Floyd found out in the Guerrero fight that he can't just fight anybody and expect to get a million plus buys. After the one-sided Alverez fight, Floyd is gonna have to have someone on the other side of the PPV to make it sell.

Outside of Pacquiao, who's his options? Seriously, Floyd may not have a choice but to finally face Pacquiao.

You're right, but for what it's worth, Arum said last week that they're willing to go back to the negotiating table for this fight. Again, Mayweather currently doesn't have any other options. From what I heard, Showtime/CBS needs Mayweather to sell at least 1.3 million PPV buys just to break even.

Edited by DM72

Showtime was probably hoping Canelo kept their fight close enough to warrant a rematch with Floyd. I think Floyd could 1.3mil with Danny Garcia. There's always a possibility of a Cotto rematch, which would go well over 1.3 mil. Depending on what you read, Bradley may be a "free agent" soon, he could do 1.3mil with Floyd.

My thoughts on Floyd vs. Pac: if it happens, it happens (Barring Arum passing away, or Pac switching promoters, I don't think it happens). I don't really care at this point, narratives have already been written on that saga, and we've reached a point in both fighters careers in which fans of whoever loses would just make excuses.

I don't understand. Why is Cotto an acceptable opponent, but Pacquiao isn't? Despite popular belief, May/Cotto was one-sided. And no offense, but I believe anyone is living in La La Land if they think Floyd would do 1.3M plus with Bradley. Bradley is still not a big enough draw and he's still most remembered for a gift decision against Pac.

There's a reason why Floyd only fights Puerto rican or Mexican fighters. They have huge fanbases.

Edited by DM72

I don't understand. Why is Cotto an acceptable opponent, but Pacquiao isn't? Despite popular believe, May/Cotto was one-sided. And no offense, but I believe anyone is living in La La Land if they think Floyd would do 1.3M plus with Bradley. Bradley is still not a big enough draw and he's still most remembered for a gift decision against Pac.

There's a reason why Floyd only fights Puerto rican or Mexican fighters. They have huge fanbases.

Cotto is an acceptable opponent because he's looked the best against Mayweather since JLC. Popular opinion is what drives most rematches. Pacquiao is viewed as unacceptable due to outside factors, nothing about him as a fighter makes him unacceptable. Cotto doesn't have those outside hangups, he basically promotes himself.

Bradley would be a stretch to get to 1.3, but I think it could be done, especially if he is still undefeated at the time. I think it goes over 1mil easy. 

Edited by StillUnknown

When was the last time Floyd fought someone that wasn't Puerto rican or Mexican? And you cannot say the samething about Manny.

Mosely

He then fought Victor Ortiz and Robert Guerrero who have no fanbase.

I think it has more to do with there not being enough elite non Latino fighters on GBP than anything you were suggesting.

Edited by JoeWolf990

It's been a while since he fought Mosley, who was still a big enough name to sell for PPV. Since then he's fought exclusively Puerto ricans or mexicans in May and September on Mexican holidays.

Pacquiao on the otherhand recently fought Bradley.

It's been a while since he fought Mosley, who was still a big enough name to sell for PPV. Since then he's fought exclusively Puerto ricans or mexicans in May and September on Mexican holidays.

Pacquiao on the otherhand recently fought Bradley.

Since Mosley: Ortiz and Guerrero are American, Canelo is Mexican, Cotto is Puerto Rican...

Pacquiao on the other hand fought in China on a card that was being floated as maybe being main evented by Zou Shiming before his fans went ape.  Have we already forgotten that Arum said Manny is never fighting in America again? haha, that dude is so full of **** it is coming out of his ears

Haven't seen the fight yet but I heard he looked good.  I hope he's back, a beast Manny is good for boxing.  Personally, I think he fights Bradley next.  I'm holding out hope for a Mayweather-Pacquiao cinco de mayo fight but won't believe it until I order it.

Ortiz and Guerrero are Latin American. They still have that Mexican fanbase. Maybe not like JMM or Alverez, but they do have a bigger fanbase than most.

And you say Arum is full of ****. He might be, but when asked about a potential Pacquiao/Mayweather fight, Mayweather responded, "he don't even fight in the US anymore" or he has said "Pacquiao must join Mayweather Promotions first."

Edited by DM72

Ortiz and Guerrero are Latin American. They still have that Mexican fanbase. Maybe not like JMM or Alverez, but they do have a bigger fanbase than most.

And you say Arum is full of ****. He might be, but when asked about a potential Pacquiao/Mayweather fight, Mayweather responded, "he don't even fight in the US anymore" or he has said "Pacquiao must join Mayweather Promotions first."

"Might be" haha you are being very generous, dude is a clown.  Mayweather is playing games too, no doubt about it but he's in a position of power in this negotiation (if it were to take place).  Nothing will happen over the next month either way (unless Manny wants to come back in early April).  

I think Arum will give the usual lip-service about the Mayweather fight (needing to build a stadium, 50/50 purse split, trying to get a network split like Tyson/Lewis, trashing Schaeffer, GBP and Haymon) but will make Manny/Bradley II.  

Early next year:

Manny/Bradley II

Mayweather/Danny Garcia (Way too quiet on this front from both fighters, Garcia doesn't want it but the payday will persuade him)

Cotto/Canelo

would be a really solid first half of the year.  Add in a JCCjr circus for good measure

• Like 1

Early next year:

Manny/Bradley II

Mayweather/Danny Garcia (Way too quiet on this front from both fighters, Garcia doesn't want it but the payday will persuade him)

Cotto/Canelo

would be a really solid first half of the year.  Add in a JCCjr circus for good measure

Ward will probably fight either Golovkin at 168 or Adonis Stevenson or Kovalev at 175 sometime next year.

140/147 still has plenty of great matchups

No, you saw Canelo as a big risk. Then changed the narrative after the fight because of how dominant Floyd was. We have your quotes.

no dude, neither of those guys have fanbases.

Guerrero because he is a B level boxer and is doesnt even speak Spanish in his interviews and Ortiz because he quit. Neither guy has a major fanbase, dont try and force this. Its a false statement. I wouldnt say Joshua Clottey carries the West African fans with him because its not true, he doesnt.

I said both dudes are full of it with regards to making that fight happen. I clearly said it.

Early next year:

Manny/Bradley II

Cotto/Canelo

I think we gonna see Mayweather/Khan,imo

Would love to see Cotto/Canelo, but I feel his handlers are gonna take it slow first. They gotta have him recover.

Im not that excited about a GGG/Ward fight. I feel Ward takes dude apart easily. GGG is not ready for that.

Would like to see Froch comeback to the US and take on someone.

Edited by JoeWolf990