Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

I honestly can't remember the last time where I didn't think Floyd would win a fight comfortably (being honest with myself, because even though I don't really like Floyd, he is a great fighter).

Honestly, if I were facing Floyd, I'd keep hammering his arms to make him get out of that crab. Don't care if I had to sacrifice 3-4 rds doing it. He is one of the best defensive fighters I've ever seen. Dude is like Fort Knox. I think that's the only way to beat him, unless a fighter with brute force/speed that could relentlessly put pressure on him by crowding him (and could counter his counter punches) comes along.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

And Floyd only fights guys that really have absolutely no shot. We'll see if he fights the naturally bigger and younger Saul Alverez or avoid him as he did Pacquiao and Sergio Martinez.

The "no shot" game can be spun with damn near every fighter after the fight is completed. That game is pointless to play.

Its not really a duck/avoidance when you get into the 154lb range. They make weight classes for a reason, I don't necessarily consider it a duck/avoidance of Pac or Mayweather for staying away from Martinez (who can fight comfortably at 160).

Although I do see the Canelo/Floyd match being a high possibility of getting made.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet he'll fight Guerrero instead.

Guerrero then Canelo is most likely scenario.

Edited by StillUnknown

The "no shot" game can be spun with damn near every fighter after the fight is completed. That game is pointless to play.

Its not really a duck/avoidance when you get into the 154lb range. They make weight classes for a reason, I don't necessarily consider it a duck/avoidance of Pac or Mayweather for staying away from Martinez (who can fight comfortably at 160).

Although I do see the Canelo/Floyd match being a high possibility of getting made.

Still, are you gonna really argue that Floyd didn't avoid Pac and to a lesser extent Martinez? If it was just one or maybe two guys I can see your point, but there's at least 4 or 5 guys that Floyd has ducked in his career. Lets not play games, he wanted no part of Tszyu or Margarito back in the day and he came up with excuse after excuse over the past three years to not fight Pacquiao. From drug testing, to retiring in his prime, to money. There was always something. I know Arum was at fault also, but Floyd didn't help.

Edited by DM72

Man those gifs had me crying the laughing the Michael Jackson one is the greatest ever.

On the fight I am not happy Manny got put down, I am truly upset that Mayweather wasn't the one that do that too him. That outcome vs Mayweather was pretty much set in stone the way PAC leaves his self open too counters. Damn

DM lol Broner the best fighter right now with no significant win. Broner is my second favorite fighter next too Mayweather but he's not in the mans class right now not yet anyway. Floyd vs Saul lets get it on!!!!!!

And we're going to pretend now that Arum didn't hand pick opponents for Pac either?

He chose guys who walked straight into punches no head movement, more fighters than boxers. Cotto, Margarito, Hatton, (Over the hill De La Hoya), etc etc....

I guarantee the only reason JMM/Pac 3 even happened was because they forced JMM to move up to a weight they felt he would be too slow at to keep up with Pac's pace, and they figured Pac's workrate would be too much, and would lead to JMM breaking down over 12 rounds, the saw Floyd did to to JMM in 2009.

That's exactly why Pac/JMM 3 happened. They believed it would be an easy fight and Manny could close out the serious impressively. Instead it exposed the flaws in Pacquiao and why he was never going to beat Floyd.

---------- Post added December-9th-2012 at 08:39 AM ----------

I honestly can't remember the last time where I didn't think Floyd would win a fight comfortably (being honest with myself, because even though I don't really like Floyd, he is a great fighter).

Honestly, if I were facing Floyd, I'd keep hammering his arms to make him get out of that crab. Don't care if I had to sacrifice 3-4 rds doing it. He is one of the best defensive fighters I've ever seen. Dude is like Fort Knox. I think that's the only way to beat him, unless a fighter with brute force/speed that could relentlessly put pressure on him by crowding him (and could counter his counter punches) comes along.

I think the jab is the best bet. He doesn't defend that well against a good jab.

---------- Post added December-9th-2012 at 09:31 AM ----------

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan

Man those gifs had me crying the laughing the Michael Jackson one is the greatest ever.

On the fight I am not happy Manny got put down, I am truly upset that Mayweather wasn't the one that do that too him. Floyd vs Saul lets get it on!!!!!!

1. You can blame ya boy Floyd for that and I don't wanna hear that just because JMM DID it, that autimatically means Floyd would have.

2. As for Floyd vs Alverez. Don't hold your breath. Ya boy has another fighter to avoid now.

---------- Post added December-9th-2012 at 10:38 AM ----------

And we're going to pretend now that Arum didn't hand pick opponents for Pac either?

If he was hand picking opponents for Pacquiao, there's no way in hell he would have chosen JMM. In a way, Pacquiao deserved it by giving him yet another chance. Now we'll just sit back and watch ya boy chose Guerrero over Alverez.

---------- Post added December-9th-2012 at 10:41 AM ----------

Instead it exposed the flaws in Pacquiao and why he was never going to beat Floyd.

I guess Mayweather fans our gonna steal JMM's victory and make it their own.

---------- Post added December-9th-2012 at 10:44 AM ----------

DM lol Broner the best fighter right now with no significant win.!

I'm not even the biggest Broner fan but the kid would beat anyone from 135-147 right now. Again, when was the last time Floyd had a significant win?

2. As for Floyd vs Alverez. Don't hold your breath. Ya boy has another fighter to avoid now.

Now we'll just sit back and watch ya boy chose Guerrero over Alverez.

Guerrero has earned a fight with Floyd in his last two fights. I was skeptical about the move up in weight, but he's answered those questions. Choosing Guerrero over Canelo next doesn't constitute a duck, no matter how much you wish it true.

Again, when was the last time Floyd had a significant win?

not this **** again :ols:

Guerrero has earned a fight with Floyd in his last two fights. I was skeptical about the move up in weight, but he's answered those questions. Choosing Guerrero over Canelo next doesn't constitute a duck, no matter how much you wish it true.

Oh please, nobody want to see Mayweather fight no Guerrero. It's ALWAYS somebody else when it comes to Mayweather and you guys buy into it. Now that Pacquiao lost, the fight everyone wants to see him take is the Alverez fight.

---------- Post added December-9th-2012 at 11:08 AM ----------

not this **** again :ols:

I guess it's only OK to say Pacquiao handpicks opponents when it's his promoter that makes the fights. Floyd on the other hand is "his own boss" as he's stated hundreds of times.

Oh please, nobody want to see Mayweather fight no Guerrero. It's ALWAYS somebody else when it comes to Mayweather and you guys buy into it. Now that Pacquiao lost, the fight everyone wants to see him take is the Alverez fight.

look at Canelo's resume for a second, what exactly has he done to earn a fight with Mayweather? He has done as much (or as little if you prefer) as Guerrero. Think about this for a minute, Canelo's best win so far is over Kermit Cintron. Let that marinate. I want to see Canelo/Floyd, but don't pretend like its some mandate out there that it "absolutely must happen".

I guess it's only OK to say Pacquiao handpicks opponents when it's his promoter that makes the fights. Floyd on the other hand is "his own boss" as he's stated hundreds of times.

I have criticized both fighters for their opposition, miss me with that criticism.

look at Canelo's resume for a second, what exactly has he done to earn a fight with Mayweather? He has done as much (or as little if you prefer) as Guerrero. Think about this for a minute, Canelo's best win so far is over Kermit Cintron. Let that marinate. I want to see Canelo/Floyd, but don't pretend like its some mandate out there that it "absolutely must happen".

I have criticized both fighters for their opposition, miss me with that criticism.

1. Regardless of who he fought, Alverez is the fight everyone wants to see, so why don't May make it happen? Right now, he's boxer A and Guerrero is boxer B. I think we both know which boxer May's gonna choose.

2. Who exactly did Pacquiao duck?

Edited by DM72

2. Who exactly did Pacquiao duck?

Zahir Raheem, and pretty much anybody else who was considered "a slick boxer"

And if you're going to accuse May of ducking Martinez, then the same standard has to be put on Pac (although I wouldn't label it a duck by EITHER fighter)

Edited by StillUnknown

Zahir Raheem, and pretty much anybody else who was considered "a slick boxer"

And if you're going to accuse May of ducking Martinez, then the same standard has to be put on Pac (although I wouldn't label it a duck by EITHER fighter)

1. By that standard, I guess he ducked Zab Judah too.

2. Mayweather has went up to 154, Pacquiao hasn't.

That's exactly why Pac/JMM 3 happened. They believed it would be an easy fight and Manny could close out the serious impressively. Instead it exposed the flaws in Pacquiao and why he was never going to beat Floyd.

Let me ask you a serious question. Have you ever laced up a pair a of gloves and boxed before?

Edited by tone_dubbz