Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

I think he was on something to but I went back and looked at some pictures of both Pacquiao and JMM they both have gained alot of muscle in the last couple of years. So I guess Pacquiao complaining about PEDS would be like the pot calling the kettle black. A big percentage of the guys in professional sports are cheaters anyway.

Yeah, but Pacquiao put his on gradually as he moved up, the same can be said about Mayweather and other fighters that have moved up. JMM on the other hand looks like a new man at the age of 39. Go back and look at him when he fought Floyd.

And for the record, Pacquiao isn't complaining that he believes JMM is on PED's.

I think he was on something to but I went back and looked at some pictures of both Pacquiao and JMM they both have gained alot of muscle in the last couple of years. So I guess Pacquiao complaining about PEDS would be like the pot calling the kettle black. A big percentage of the guys in professional sports are cheaters anyway.

dawg, do not engage DM72 on this. Seriously :ols:

---------- Post added December-10th-2012 at 05:42 PM ----------

DM and friends should be on suicide watch. PAC turned the other cheek and got his chin clocked by running away for drug testing. PAC should have took the 40 million he will be lucky too get half that.

Marquez got off the pissy drinks and moved on too bigger and better things power pellets.

and im happy for him :ols:

Pac just got hit with a perfect counter-punch, timed perfect and landed on a fighter charging in that didn't see it coming. It happens, add to the fact that when he dropped, he hit the canvas face first, with no support of the fall by his hands. That added to the "OMFG" effect.

JMM staggered Pac in their third fight as well, but didn't have enough in the tank to finish the job.

If you look at the 4th fight as a whole, both fighters were fighting a lot more careless than in the previous fights. You could tell they were done with each other, each other's trainers/managers/corners/promoters etc etc.....the first three fights were all so close, so indecisive, that it was pretty evident both guys were going to go balls to the wall to make sure this fight ended with no possible way to argue the outcome.

They both predicted a KO of the other for the first time, as well.

Sometime's people get hit with the perfect punch, that's it, it happens....nothing else to see. Get over it.

I think all the Floyd fans are pointing out is that Pac has trouble with counter-punchers, and Floyd is the best. He is better than JMM. For the sake of the matchup argument, Floyd matches up with Manny even better than JMM.

I think all the Floyd fans are pointing out is that Pac has trouble with counter-punchers, and Floyd is the best. He is better than JMM. For the sake of the matchup argument, Floyd matches up with Manny even better than JMM.

So true and now that he knows it for sure he'll sign on the dotted line.

It won't happen. Arum and Floyd will make sure of that. Pacquiao will probably fight Marquez a 5th time and Floyd most likely fight Guerrero rather than face Alverez.

---------- Post added December-10th-2012 at 11:09 PM ----------

So true and now that he knows it for sure he'll sign on the dotted line.

But they're not the same kind of counter puncher. What's so hard to understand about that? Marquez is way more offensive than Mayweather. Also, if slow Cotto can put his hands on him, why couldn't the much faster Pacquiao?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/manny-pacquiao-aides-allegedly-attacked-photographer-brutal-knockout-005405170--box.html

KONCZ-GRAB-640.jpg

Seconds after Manny Pacquiao was knocked out by Juan Manuel Marquez on Saturday at the MGM Grand Garden, two key members of his team allegedly assaulted Getty Images photographer Al Bello because they were angry that Bello was shooting pictures of the fallen fighter.

Bello said Pacquiao adviser Michael Koncz and assistant trainer Buboy Fernandez were punching and kicking at Bello as he was trying to photograph Pacquiao, who was face first down on the mat.

Bello jumped off the apron in an effort to avoid confrontation with the men.

"Had I not gotten off the ring, I have no doubt the two of them would have beaten the [expletive] out of me and I might have been seriously hurt," Bello told Yahoo! Sports.

Even after Bello jumped off the apron, an enraged Fernandez went through the ropes after him in an effort to get at him. Fernandez had been on the ground crying when he became aware that Bello was shooting photos of the knocked out Pacquiao.

Koncz did not return a phone call seeking comment, though he sent a text message to Yahoo! Sports regarding the incident. Koncz, who essentially serves as Pacquiao's manager, texted back, "Not an assault just a miss understanding in the heat of the moment."

When a follow-up text was sent by Yahoo! Sports indicating that there was photographic evidence of both Koncz and Fernandez attacking Bello, Koncz quit responding.

Keith Kizer, the executive director of the Nevada Athletic Commission, said he would review the incident and would consider potential penalties against Koncz and Fernandez.

"What I find interesting is that neither of these gentlemen, nor anyone else on Team Pacquiao, had any problems when the photographers were doing their jobs and shooting pictures of Ricky Hatton after Manny knocked Hatton out," Kizer said.

Pac's people should be ashamed.

I think the majority of Pac fans loved him because he was exciting to watch. No one every said he was unbeatable, his record could have told you that.

Its funny how Mayweather fans are all of sudden boxing experts. They can make all the predictions they want, the only way to find out who would win is for them to fight. That will happen when Floyd grows some ball.

Exactly. Mayweather is a scared little chump. Pacquiao would destroy dude.

I only see it happening if Bob Arum departs from the earth in the next couple of years.

it could happen real soon, tbf. Arum is about to cash-out on Manny.

Especially if Rios beats Manny in April.

---------- Post added December-12th-2012 at 02:28 AM ----------

But they're not the same kind of counter puncher. What's so hard to understand about that? Marquez is way more offensive than Mayweather. Also, if slow Cotto can put his hands on him, why couldn't the much faster Pacquiao?

this makes it even more hard for Manny :ols:

Floyd isnt that offensive of a fighter, well since he moved up, because his defense is impregnable. Marquez's defense isnt even close to that, so he has to attack more. Floyd can control fights by pot shoting from the pocket.

And Cotto and Manny are not similar fighters at all. Cotto has a good jab, Manny doesnt. Cotto is also a bigger fighter than Floyd. Despite all that, Cotto only landed like 20 percent of his punches that fight.

Exactly. Mayweather is a scared little chump. Pacquiao would destroy dude.

I would think now would be the perfect time for Floyd to challenge Manny. I wouldn't call any boxer who steps in the ring scared, but if he comes up with another excuse not take this fight then in at least my eyes he will come off as scared.

According to these so called experts in here, he's a better counter puncher then Marquez so he should have no problem beating Manny right?

I would think now would be the perfect time for Floyd to challenge Manny. I wouldn't call any boxer who steps in the ring scared, but if he comes up with another excuse not take this fight then in at least my eyes he will come off as scared.

According to these so called experts in here, he's a better counter puncher then Marquez so he should have no problem beating Manny right?

Well, when you refuse to fight the best, IMO, that makes you a coward. Anybody can fight someone they know they can beat up.

I agree with your second point. These guys would rather believe Mayweather would easily beat Manny than for him to go out there and prove it. The bottom line about Mayweather fans, they don't want him to get into the ring with anybody that actually have a shot at beating his ass. That's why they're soooooooo happy Pacquiao got beat. Floyd gameplan worked. He waited until Manny got old or in this case, got beat, now he doesn't have to ever fight him and his fans couldn't be more happy. We Pacquiao fans really wanted this fight, Mayweather fans wanted no part of it.

EDIT: And this is why I have way more respect for Manny as a fighter than I do for Mayweather. Manny isn't afraid to lose where Mayweather is. Manny didn't have to give his greatest challenger Marquez a rematch and IMO, he should not have. He was declared the victor in 2/3 of very close fights that could have went either way. But Manny's way too nice so he gave Marquez yet another chance and it backfired. Do you think Floyd would have given Marquez another rematch? Hell no.

Edited by DM72

He gave Jose Luis Castillo an immediate rematch after they fought, that was by far the closest fight of Floyd's career. I scored the first fight a draw if I recall.

That was the young and hungry "Pretty Boy" Floyd. You think the "Money May" Floyd of 2012 would?

Edited by DM72

exactly.

You have to realize that dude just hates Floyd. There is nothing else to him except that.

I don't hate Floyd, but he has given everybody a good reason to dislike him.

---------- Post added December-12th-2012 at 11:32 AM ----------

Rematches are usually worth more money than the first fight. 2012 Floyd cares about money, so yes I think he would.

OK, but I disagree. I honestly don't believe Floyd wants to risk losing his 0.

---------- Post added December-12th-2012 at 11:37 AM ----------

Speaking of Floyd, I hear that Roger's in very bad shape and that his dad might become his trainer.

Edited by DM72

this headline is tinged with some very subtle racism too.

If this were a black boxer, the word "aides" would be replaced with posse or crew or entourage, all of which have negative connotations when it comes to black athletes.

---------- Post added December-12th-2012 at 11:44 AM ----------

I don't hate Floyd, but he has given everybody a good reason to dislike him.

dude, you hate him. You ignore every reasonable argument and fact just to push along your agenda. You have done that throughout. No one is fooled.

OK, but I disagree. I honestly don't believe Floyd wants to risk losing his 0.

he risks losing his "0" each time he steps into the ring. That makes no sense.

Speaking of Floyd, I hear that Roger's in very bad shape and that his dad might become his trainer.

Floyd said that, but im a little skeptical. Roger was talking about fighting Bradley this weekend, and he went to the Pac/Marquez fight on Saturday.

dude, you hate him. You ignore every reasonable argument and fact just to push along your agenda. You have done that throughout. No one is fooled.

Show some proof on that. I just call Floyd on his BS unlike some people. Oh, you mean the reasonable argument that Floyd is trying to clean up boxing? Or the reasonable argument that Floyd played a very big part in Pacquiao/Mayweather not taking place. I admit, Top Rank played a part in it, I have yet to see YOU claim Floyd has any fault.

I believe it's YOU who ignore facts to push your pro Mayweather agenda.

Edited by DM72

Show some proof on that. I just call Floyd on his BS unlike some people. Oh, you mean the reasonable argument that Floyd is trying to clean up boxing? Or the reasonable argument that Floyd played a very big part in Pacquiao/Mayweather not taking place. I admit, Top Rank played a part in it, I have yet to see YOU claim Floyd has any fault.

I believe it's YOU who ignore facts to push your pro Mayweather agenda.

I'm not absolving Floyd at all but this fight isn't happening because of Arum/Floyd relationship. Not because of Pacquaio because Floyd has damn near every advantage against dude. If a fight were to ever happen, Floyd would be the Vegas favorite.

You're pulling a Stephen A by speaking with a fork tongue. You say you're not absolving Floyd of all blame but it seems like you're still putting the lion share of it on Top Rank/Arum. But I don't quite understand what Floyd having an advantage and would be favored have to with anything.

Manny said on National TV that he would accept a 55/45 split. Mayweather refused by saying to Manny, "You have things going for you when you're done boxing, what do I have?"

I don't know about you, but 55% of a potential $150-$200m gate is a lot of $$$.

Edited by DM72

You're pulling a Stephen A by speaking with a fork tongue. You say you're not absolving Floyd of all blame but it seems like you're still putting the lion share of it on Top Rank/Arum. But I don't quite understand what Floyd having an advantage and would be favored have to with anything.

Manny said on National TV that he would accept a 55/45 split. Mayweather refused by saying to Manny, "You have things going for you when you're done boxing, what do I have?"

I don't know about you, but 55% of a potential $150-$200m gate is a lot of $$$.

thats because I am. There is no double speak here, I believe Arum is the primary culprit here. If Manny was on his own or repped by Lou Dibella, or anyone else (cept Frank Warren), this fight would have already happened.

Also, Manny said he would accept a 55/45 split... then said no 50/50.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/manny-pacquiao-floyd-mayweather-boxings-two-headed-beast-044800534--box.html

First, Mayweather's call for random blood testing led to Pacquiao walking away, with the 8-division champ only allegedly agreeing to terms after the issue had died and talks had long been ended. Then, Mayweather personally called Pacquiao to offer him a flat $40 million for a bout. But, despite having said weeks prior to the offer that he would settle for the lesser share of the purse in order to fight Mayweather, Pacquiao suddenly insisted on a 50-50 money split. Then, once again, after talks had died, Team Pacquiao revisited the idea of taking the lesser share of the money.

And that article is critical of both fighters, which I am as well.

Koncz also said only 50-50 after floyd called Manny to speak to him (of course Floyd doesnt want to fight, despite calling him :ols: )

"I said that the 50-50 was approved and there’s no problem," said Pacquiao. "Anytime. It’s in your hands. We’ll just wait if it’s OK with you."

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/171171-mayweather-and-pacquiao-have-a-telephone-conversation

Manny only said he wanted a 55/45 split because he was trying to sell this Marquez fight. Dont think any other way but that. He has been doing that for years.

You Mayweather fanboys crack me up. Pac uses Mayweather's name to sell fights? Please. Just this past week, Floyd makes the FIRST announcement about his next fight on the week leading up to the Pacquiao fight. I mean this man was didn't say not one word concerning boxing since his release from jail. What about last years "challenge" in the days leading up to Pacquiao/Marquez 3. It went something like this, "Meh and you PUNK, May 5 at the MGM Grand, I'm calling you out PUNK."

And who really believed Floyd was serious?

And as for his ludicrous blood testing demand? Come on. Did he demand any fighter prior to Pacquiao to take random blood test?

Pacquiao did say he'd expect less than May. 55/45. That wasn't good enough for May. He wanted the lions share of the purse and ALL of the PPV. Yeah, Pacquiao and Top Rank was gonna agree with that.

Sure, they both have their faults. Bob Arum's mysterious stadium. Floyd's demands. But don't sit there and act like Floyd is "almost" totally without blame.

Rematches are usually worth more money than the first fight. 2012 Floyd cares about money, so yes I think he would.
Pac was willing to give Mayweather 55% and he still wouldn't fight him. Also was gonna do his testing anyway that suited Floyd. And don't say that it was Arum that was holding the fight back. If Floyd wanted to fight him, it would have happened.

And btw, by "scared" I'm saying that he was scared of getting beat by Pac. And he most definitely is/was scared of that.

Pac was willing to give Mayweather 55% and he still wouldn't fight him. Also was gonna do his testing anyway that suited Floyd. And don't say that it was Arum that was holding the fight back. If Floyd wanted to fight him, it would have happened.

And btw, by "scared" I'm saying that he was scared of getting beat by Pac. And he most definitely is/was scared of that.

So your going too believe all the bull**** that comes out of Pacs mouth? If you going too go by that then in 2009 the fight was made both in there prime. MAYWEATHER signed the contract for 50/50 Pac didn't scared of needles. Fight could have been made last year May 5th but Pac has this super cut that takes 6 months too heal, and the make believe stadium won't be ready in time. EXCUSE AFTER EXCUSE AFTER EXCUSE Pac, knows he isn't getting 50% of the money he knows that period, he preaches this 45% bull**** when Mayweather is on his way too prison.