Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/2/19/4005252/floyd-mayweather-shakes-up-boxing-signs-six-fight-deal-showtime

That is a stunner, Mayweather's last 23 fights have all been on HBO.

HBO better pray Broner can carry a PPV soon, and that he doesn't jump to Showtime at the first available opportunity. Showtime & Golden Boy getting closer.

HBO may have had the better names, but I think Showtime has had better fights for a while now. They are usually lesser known fighters, but they put on a better show.

I can't wait for the Mayweather vs. Alvarez super fight. Alvarez is only the third fighter I've thought had a chance to beat Mayweather. Shane might have been able to beat him if he didn't fall off a cliff his last few years; Cotto had a shot....Canelo probably has the best shot.

I can't wait for the Mayweather vs. Alvarez super fight. Alvarez is only the third fighter I've thought had a chance to beat Mayweather. Shane might have been able to beat him if he didn't fall off a cliff his last few years; Cotto had a shot....Canelo probably has the best shot.

Maybe. Canalo's fight against Trout (which he's not guaranteed to win) will tell up a lot about Canalo. I still believe Pacquiao or Martinez have the best shot at beating Floyd.

Maybe. Canalo's fight against Trout (which he's not guaranteed to win) will tell up a lot about Canalo. I still believe Pacquiao or Martinez have the best shot at beating Floyd.

I don't think Pacquiao has any chance to beat Floyd. He is a great fighter, and exciting....but if JMM made him pay the way he did ... imagine what a stronger/bigger Floyd would do to him. Martinez (you talking Sergio Martinez?) He is way too big...Floyd would be stupid to take that fight. I agree though....Martinez could beat him.

I don't think Pacquiao has any chance to beat Floyd. He is a great fighter, and exciting....but if JMM made him pay the way he did ... imagine what a stronger/bigger Floyd would do to him. Martinez (you talking Sergio Martinez?) He is way too big...Floyd would be stupid to take that fight. I agree though....Martinez could beat him.

Pacquiao and JMM always have competitive fights. Pacquiao simply got careless and got put down. Plus, JMM is a different type of counter puncher than Floyd.

And you say Martinez is way too big? Didn't Floyd fight Cotto at 154?

Pacquiao and JMM always have competitive fights. Pacquiao simply got careless and got put down. Plus, JMM is a different type of counter puncher than Floyd.

And you say Martinez is way too big? Didn't Floyd fight Cotto at 154?

Martinez is a legit middleweight (160). Cotto at this point in his career is a legit 154 guy, but same could be said for mayweather. Mayweather might be the best defensive fighter and counterpuncher in boxing history...so yeah, if Manny had the trouble he had with JMM, I think FLoyd would kill him (unfortunately)

Martinez is too big, yes Floyd fought Cotto at 154 but didn't Pac fight Margo at 154 let him fight Martinez as well. Hell theres plenty fights at 168 if Martinez wants a big fight Ward, Froch the list goes on and on.

Theres no way Floyd does 6 more fights, If he does then he is bound too fall sooner or later father time catches up.

fighting Guerrero, Alverez and a Pac fight just too do it and call it a career.

Edited by SiCkSoULjA

Martinez is too big, yes Floyd fought Cotto at 154 but didn't Pac fight Margo at 154 let him fight Martinez as well. Hell theres plenty fights at 168 if Martinez wants a big fight Ward, Froch the list goes on and on.

Theres no way Floyd does 6 more fights, If he does then he is bound too fall sooner or later father time catches up.

fighting Guerrero, Alverez and a Pac fight just too do it and call it a career.

The way he supposely spends money, he might be fighting well into his 40's. And I thought Pac fought Margo at 147. I don't believe Pac has ever fought at 154.

No it's not the PAC vs Margo fight was a super welterweight fight 154

Super welterweight is 147 and 154 is Jr middleweight.

I looked it up. Super welterweight and Jr middleweight are the samething. So you are right about that. But I'm pretty sure neither fighter was 154.

Edited by DM72

If I remember correctly PAC was 148 on fight night Margo ballooned too 160+, Mayweather highest weight was 150 vs Cotto. I don't like Martinez he is a joke he wants May and PAC too move up too fight him and calls himself the most avoided fighter in history. He is at 160 why not move up and fight at 168 which is PACKED with talent that would lay his ass out.

Edited by SiCkSoULjA

No it's not the PAC vs Margo fight was a super welterweight fight 154

you are right...though Margarito only weighed in at 150

---------- Post added February-19th-2013 at 04:34 PM ----------

If I remember correctly PAC was 148 on fight night Margo ballooned too 160+, Mayweather highest weight was 150 vs Cotto. I don't like Martinez he is a joke he wants May and PAC too move up too fight him and calls himself the most avoided fighter in history. He is at 160 why not move up and fight at 168 which is PACKED with talent that would lay his ass out.

agree that Martinez should move up; but I don't think many of them would lay his ass out as you say. Ward would beat him, Frotch is a toss up....Martinez would beat everyone else in the division.

Martinez isn't even that big for 160, 168 is too far a jump considering his age and the fact the his skills are deteriorating somewhat.

Martinez is far from a joke though, you could make a strong argument he's the best fighter in 2 weight classes right now. He offered to cut all the way down to 150 for both Mayweather and Pacquiao, which is plenty fair IMO, they both declined.

you are right...though Margarito only weighed in at 150

---------- Post added February-19th-2013 at 04:34 PM ----------

agree that Martinez should move up; but I don't think many of them would lay his ass out as you say. Ward would beat him, Frotch is a toss up....Martinez would beat everyone else in the division.

Kessler would KO him, Darrell would whoop him, Bute and Abraham would do the same. All Of them have been begging for a fight and Martinez turns the other cheek. With that pathetic hands down too the waist defense he would get put too sleep. He has power and has decent hand speed but he WILL NOT budge from 160. His best wins are a over rated drugged up Julio and a split with Paul Williams who has zero defense. He has a multiple loses a few draws and he lost too Margarito, I don't buy that he's that good.

If this is true (I thought May/Cotto was 154), isn't "catch weights" what you guys used to get on Pac about?

I never thought it would happen, but I believe Showtime has replaced HBO as the leader in boxing coverage.

The pendulum had to swing at sometime. That said, if Showtime delivers more K-9 Bundrage vs. Ishe Smith main events, HBO will get their title back in short order.

I'm glad to see Showtime stepping up, competition between the two networks should be a good thing for fight fans. I'm already seeing some disturbing trends with Showtime's new setup, but I'll give it time before criticizing.

The pendulum had to swing at sometime. That said, if Showtime delivers more K-9 Bundrage vs. Ishe Smith main events, HBO will get their title back in short order.

I'm glad to see Showtime stepping up, competition between the two networks should be a good thing for fight fans. I'm already seeing some disturbing trends with Showtime's new setup, but I'll give it time before criticizing.

You think HBO will be able to hold onto Broner now that Floyd has jumped ship? I have my doubts.

You think HBO will be able to hold onto Broner now that Floyd has jumped ship? I have my doubts.

I think so, Broner is not under Mayweather Promotions, yes they are good friends but Broner knows that this could be his opportunity HBO can't afford too lose talent now and will pay him and promote him too be there next star. Also theres no beef between HBO fighters and SHOWTIME Fighters and Broner said he wouldn't fight Mayweather for any amount of money so its not like that fight is in jeopardy of happening if they split because it isn't going too happen. Broner already calls himself MR. HBO.

Broner can probably write his own contract at HBO right now. They've pumped a lot of time into building him up, whether he stays or goes, he's in a great negotiating position. I'd rather see him stay at HBO and forge his own path, but all of his handlers seem to be moving closer to Showtime.

Showtime is getting bigger, and obviously the biggest name, under their banner, but HBO still had the 3 best fights last year (Rios/Alvarado, Pac/Marquez 4, & Guerrero/Berto)