Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Mayweather vs Guerrero is this weekend.

Is it just me or is there's absolutely no buzz about this fight and we're just 3 days away. And from what I hear, it's not even sold out. People made fun of Pacquiao when his numbers for the Bradley fight was less than stellar. It's gonna be interesting to see what kind of numbers this fight bring in. I'm thinking somewhere south of a million.

Edited by DM72

Is it just me or is there's absolutely no buzz about this fight and we're just 3 days away. And from what I hear, it's not even sold out. People made fun of Pacquiao when his numbers for the Bradley fight was less than stellar. It's gonna be interesting to see what kind of numbers this fight bring in. I'm thinking somewhere south of a million.

That's cause probably everybody is sick of the bs that is going around the fight every body wants to see.

I honestly don't care about the fight either. I do care about who he chooses to fight after Guerrero though.

I honestly don't care about the fight either. I do care about who he chooses to fight after Guerrero though.

As it was with Pacquiao, I'm hearing every name but the guy everyone wants to see him fight and that's Alverez. Not that I believe Alverez is ready. I'm hearing Mayweather wants to fight in the UK. We know what that means. Mayweather/Kahn. Way to go out on a limb.

As it was with Pacquiao, I'm hearing every name but the guy everyone wants to see him fight and that's Alverez. Not that I believe Alverez is ready. I'm hearing Mayweather wants to fight in the UK. We know what that means. Mayweather/Kahn. Way to go out on a limb.

I'd like to see him fight Canelo, but I agree that he'd beat him. Canelo got tired and started to drop his hands. Trout couldn't capitalize but Floyd would make him pay for it, not to mention that he's a harder target. I honestly don't even know if I'll even get a link to watch the fight.

Stephen A just reminded me why I get so irritated with Mayweather fans. He sits there and says, "I don't want to see Mayweather in the ring with Alverez because he's too big." Translation: I don't want to see Mayweather in the ring with anyone with a punchers chance of beating him. And I also find it funny that Mayweather fans don't want to see him in the ring with naturally bigger guys but then they fail to bring up the fact that Guerrero, just a couple of years ago, fought at featherweight.

Mayweather is so full of ****. He was just on First Take and he just said, "where was Pacquiao when I was dominating the sport of boxing in 98?" 98? In 98 Floyd was just starting. Tyson and Holyfield were still around and Roy Jones Jr was probably the best pound for pound boxer in 98.

---------- Post added May-3rd-2013 at 01:39 PM ----------

And Stephen A never needs to talk boxing again.

Edited by DM72

Let me know when mayweather mans up to fight pacquiao...the only fight boxing fans wanna watch of mayweather.

I don't think that's true anymore. Pac getting a visit from the Sandman kind of cooled that off. Most boxing fans I know, myself included, want to see him fight Canelo. Poeple had been clamoring for Pac/Floyd for 3-4 years. They don't really care anymore. I could see both fighting each other as their last "Farewell" fight though, but it wouldn't be anywhere close to the buzz they would've had had they fought in '08-'09.

That Guerrero presser was epic.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I don't think that's true anymore. Pac getting a visit from the Sandman kind of cooled that off.

Totally agree. I always thought Money would have had an easy time with Pac anyway. Floyd would get hit more than usual and he'd feel it. However, fighters like Manny are his bread and butter. Come right at him and he gets to work his game to it's fullest.

I'm with 757. I'm so turned off by boxing by not ever making the Mayweather/Pac fight happen, I have a hard time even watching anymore. The Canelo fight would maybe garner a little interest from me, but I still don't think I'm all that interested other than a Pacquiao/Mayweather fight, even if it's only due to how interesting it would be to watch the circus that would surround that fight.

Totally agree. I always thought Money would have had an easy time with Pac anyway. Floyd would get hit more than usual and he'd feel it. However, fighters like Manny are his bread and butter. Come right at him and he gets to work his game to it's fullest.

That's the tired old argument people like to use. I guess as long as people believe he would win, why actually fight? If Mayweather would have had an easy time with Pacquiao. If it would have been so easy, why didn't Mayweather move heaven and earth to make the fight happen? Instead, he started negotiatiins with his BS Olympic style drug testing demand. Now it seems like he want to fight anybody not named Alverez.

Mayweather is no
dummy. Look who is on top, look who isn't.

I agree with that, Mayweather is smarter than Pacquiao. Pacquiao was beyond dumb to take another fight with JMM. But Mayweather deserves to be criticized for avoiding fights something Pacquiao doesn't do.

I agree with that, Mayweather is smarter than Pacquiao. Pacquiao was beyond dumb to take another fight with JMM. But Mayweather deserves to be criticized for avoiding fights something Pacquiao doesn't do.

Pacquiao has avoided fights, just because they weren't big names, doesn't mean he hasn't avoided them. He's conveniently side-stepped deserving fighters who would have been bad style matchups .

Pacquiao has avoided fights, just because they weren't big names, doesn't mean he hasn't avoided them. He's conveniently side-stepped deserving fighters who would have been bad style matchups .

But no fighter fights everyone. Was there ever a fighter everyone wanted to see Pacquiao fight that he avoided? I can't think of one.

Edited by DM72

But no fighter fights everyone. Was there ever a fighter everyone wanted to see Pacquiao fight that he avoided. I can't think of one.

Zahir Raheem is the name that rings out most after he dominated Erik Morales. With Pacquiao the criticism was that he's avoided an entire style of fighter, not so much one particular guy.

I agree that no fighter fights everyone and its usually a lot more complicated than "fighter A is ducking or scared to fight fighter B", but your argument criticized one for doing something you acknowledge everybody does.

On a different note, I am a little interested to see if Floyd's game is different with his father as a trainer again. Floyd Sr was always more defensive oriented than Roger, although at this point in the game, I'm sure Mayweather pretty much acts as his own trainer in regards to fight strategy.

Edited by StillUnknown

Zahir Raheem is the name that rings out most after he dominated Erik Morales. With Pacquiao the criticism was that he's avoided an entire style of fighter, not so much one particular guy.

I agree that no fighter fights everyone and its usually a lot more complicated than "fighter A is ducking or scared to fight fighter B", but your argument criticized one for doing something you acknowledge everybody does.

On a different note, I am a little interested to see if Floyd's game is different with his father as a trainer again. Floyd Sr was always more defensive oriented than Roger, although at this point in the game, I'm sure Mayweather pretty much acts as his own trainer in regards to fight strategy.

The names that stand out on Floyd's list is Tzsu (spelling), Margarito, younger Mosley, Pacquiao and to a lesser degree Sergio Martinez. And we kind talked about this over a month ago, IMO he won't be fighting Alverez any time soon. It just seems like he always chooses fighter B instead of fighter A and he loses points with me because of that.

The names that stand out on Floyd's list is Tzsu (spelling), Margarito, younger Mosley, Pacquiao and to a lesser degree Sergio Martinez. And we kind talked about this over a month ago, IMO he won't be fighting Alverez any time soon. It just seems like he always chooses fighter B instead of fighter A and he loses points with me because of that.

Tzsu lost momentum when Hatton beat him, probably would have happened otherwise, that was the one that sent Hatton from a British star to a star in general

Mosley and Floyd was weird. Floyd called him out when Mosley was the bigger name, Mosley claimed a toothache and moved on. Then it seemed when Mayweather became the biggest name, Mosley called him out and Floyd pushed him to the back.

Pacquiao is more about the beef with Arum, its petty but if Pac was with a different promoter, that fight would have happened.

Its a reasonable complaint and more than enough to sway an opinion on a fighter, I'm not knocking you for that. Just don't try to pretend like Pacquiao hasn't been selective as well.

Edited by StillUnknown

Tzsu lost momentum when Hatton beat him, probably would have happened otherwise.

Mosley and Floyd was weird. Floyd called him out when Mosley was the bigger name, Mosley claimed a toothache and moved on. Then it seemed when Mayweather became the biggest name, Mosley called him out and Floyd pushed him to the back.

Pacquiao is more about the beef with Arum, its petty but if Pac was with a different promoter, that fight would have happened.

Its a reasonable complaint and more than enough to sway an opinion on a fighter, I'm not knocking you for that. Just don't try to pretend like Pacquiao hasn't been selective as well.

But unlike Pacquiao, Mayweather brags about being his own boss. So it would seem he has much more say in who he fights. Pacquiao is a puppet. No way he should have been made to fight JMM a 4th time.

I can't wait to hear Mayweather response when he's asked about Alverez after he beats Guerrero. LOL, I wonder will he go into one of his "YOU AIN'T ****" tirades.

Edited by DM72

But unlike Pacquiao, Mayweather brags about being his own boss. So it would seem he has much more say in who he fights. Pacquiao is a puppet. No way he should have been made to fight JMM a 4th time.

I can't wait to hear Mayweather response when he's asked about Alverez after he beats Guerrero.

Pacquiao is a grown ass man, I'm not giving him a pass for being a "puppet", if anything, thats worse. He can fight all the bad asses in the world, but he can't wrestle control of his career from a dude in his 80's? Not buying that for a minute.

Wouldn't put too much weight in anything Floyd says post fight, its all negotiations. Canelo is in a better spot than most, Floyd will dictate the terms, but Canelo will get a better cut than a Mayweather opponent has seen in a long time. Canelo's probably the 3rd biggest attraction in the game right now. If Floyd is serious about fighting again in September, provided he comes from tonight uninjured, Canelo is the only real viable option, especially with Sergio on the shelf with injuries the rest of the year.

But who has Pacquiao avoided other than, according to you, Raheem? Let's be honest, Mayweather's list of ducked fighters is much longer than Pacquiao's. And I want to hear what you say when, for whatever reason, Mayweather fights either Khan or Erislandy Lara (who does deserve a shot, but is another safe fight for Mayweather)

Edited by DM72

But who has Pacquiao avoided other than, according to you, Raheem? Let's be honest, Mayweather's list of ducked fighters is much longer than Pacquiao's. And I want to hear what you say when, for whatever reason, Mayweather fights either Khan or Erislandy Lara (who does deserve a shot, but is another safe fight for Mayweather)

I'm not going to go into a "fighter A" has ducked more than "fighter B" list, my only point was that you stated that Pac hadn't ducked anybody when clearly he has.

If Canelo fell through for any reason, Khan would probably be the fall back option, Floyd's been talking about doing a stadium fight in England. If he fights Khan I will call it for the bull**** that it is.

Lara is only a safe fight in the sense that judges hate him, he's hard fight for anybody at 154, he just has no luck with judges. Lara never crossed my mind because I don't think he's even a remote possibility, he has a fight with Angulo coming up in which he'll probably get worked by the judges again.

Edited by StillUnknown