Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

This is the first boxing match I've seen in years, and I forgot how quick boxer's hands are.

I know these guys are in the lighter weight class, but still.

Damn.

I watch MMA and I agree completely. Elite boxers have insanely fast hands. It's hard to see if they landed cleanly at times.

2 - 1 Money May

Edited by Destino

Guerrero is usually an active fighter in the ring, Floyd has a tendency to turn volume punchers into spectators.

---------- Post added May-5th-2013 at 12:14 AM ----------

Floyd is surgical with that straight right, its shaping up to be a long night for Guerrero.

3-1 Mayweather

Guerrero being reduced to throwing one shot at a time, that will not get it done.

Floyd style is evolving, he's adjusting to losing some speed in his legs. Most of his defense is upperbody reflexes now. He's more flat-footed, but the upper body reflexes are still sharp.

5-1

Guerrero might get finished if he can't block that right hand

7-1, not a close round since the 2nd.

---------- Post added May-5th-2013 at 12:34 AM ----------

Guerrero is trying, thats the best I can say for him. He legitimately earned the fight, but two different classes on display

8-1 Mayweather

---------- Post added May-5th-2013 at 12:37 AM ----------

Floyd landing 61% of his power shots is insane. Its a great night if a fighter lands 40%

These fighters are lucky his power stayed at 130-135lbs

11-1 Floyd on my card

Canelo has to be next, no promoter issues, huge PPV fight, get it done for September.

---------- Post added May-5th-2013 at 12:50 AM ----------

Kind of surprised Floyd has as many fans as he does in the arena. It was definitely more cheers than boo's tonight.

He's a piece of **** as a human being, but that skillset only comes around once every 10-15 years.

Guererro never had a chance once Floyd started boxing and got away from whatever weirdness he was trying to do over the first round and a half.

Another dominant performance.

Floyd, just retire, you are 36, and have no reason to fight a much bigger fighter in Canelo. Nothing to prove.

---------- Post added May-5th-2013 at 05:03 AM ----------

Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless 3m

Two years ago, Pacquiao would've beaten Floyd and beaten him up. And Floyd knew it.

Haha Skip. Just stop it. 2 Years ago JMM was robbed of a decision over Pac-Man, and avenged it with a KO. Yeah THAT JMM that Floyd beat down & battered all over the ring.

Ghost got schooled! He tried, but just not on Floyd's level. Pretty good PPV overall. Definitely want to see Mares vs Ponce De Leon rematch. Canelo should be the next fight, but we'll see.

Edited by ksun247

Floyd's skill level is on another level. It is possible he will get beat before he retires, but it is most likely because he agrees to a fight he shouldn't, or he physically hits a wall like RJJ did. Remember how dominant RJJ was but once it was over, it was OVER.

FMJ is boxing through and through, he is too smart and savvy when it comes to boxing to not know when his body has had enough, however when it comes to combat sports, it is a crapshoot whether PRIDE talks louder then common sense in these situations.

Floyd even looking slower than 5 years ago, is still too quick, slick, and crafty for 99% of the boxers on his radar. I think Canelo would be a tough fight for him merely because the more and more he agrees to take on the naturally bigger fighters, his punching power will be more negated and once guys can walk through his shots it could tip the scales. Doesn't mean he still wouldn't win based on his skill set, but I've always found the casual boxing fans to underrate FMJ's punching power, and the fact that when he can strike so quickly and unexpected and his opponent doesn't see it coming, it makes it an effective and powerful strike by that reason alone.

Floyd/Canelo would get over 1.5mil ppv buys and its a tough, but winnable fight for Floyd.

Thats probably a 60mil payday

That fight needs to happen soon.

---------- Post added May-5th-2013 at 01:30 AM ----------

Haha Skip. Just stop it. 2 Years ago JMM was robbed of a decision over Pac-Man, and avenged it with a KO. Yeah THAT JMM that Floyd beat down & battered all over the ring.

Yeah, that JMM that came up in weight to fight Floyd and Floyd came in over the agreed weight.

Browsing through some twitter comments and it amazes me the amount of people who buy Mayweather PPV with the expectation that he's all of sudden going to turn in Gatti and just leave his chin on a platter.

Mayweather has been fighting in his style for over a decade, if you buy a PPV expecting "war" you pretty much only have yourself to blame.

I don't expect Mayweather to be Brandon Rios anymore than I would expect Rios to suddenly be Mayweather.

I watched the fight at my cousin's house since he ordered it. That said, if I had paid for it, I wouldn't feel disappointed. You got 3 really good fights on the undercard before Mayweather did what he always seems to do.

Edited by StillUnknown

That fight needs to happen soon.

---------- Post added May-5th-2013 at 01:30 AM ----------

Yeah, that JMM that came up in weight to fight Floyd and Floyd came in over the agreed weight.

Did you watch the fight? I don't think a 2lb wight overage had much to do with the boxing clinic JMM was served up.

---------- Post added May-5th-2013 at 05:44 AM ----------

Browsing through some twitter comments and it amazes me the amount of people who buy Mayweather PPV with the expectation that he's all of sudden going to turn in Gatti and just leave his chin on a platter.

Mayweather has been fighting in his style for over a decade, if you buy a PPV expecting "war" you pretty much only have yourself to blame.

I don't expect Mayweather to be Brandon Rios anymore than I would expect Rios to suddenly be Mayweather.

I watched the fight at my cousin's house since he ordered it. That said, if I had paid for it, I wouldn't feel disappointed. You got 3 really good fights on the undercard before Mayweather did what he always seems to do.

The thing is, more people need to admit they are fans of fighting more than boxing. 9 times out of 10 a sound boxer will beat the toughest fighters. That is why it is called the sweet science.

Also, it's not like Floyd is running, the dude is connecting with punches regardless of which direction he is moving. Every single one of his opponents know going into the fight that Floyd is quicker and excels at avoiding being punched.

You saw it tonight, Guerrero would stalk Floyd into a corner only to swing and miss and Floyd would instantly turn the tables and have Guererro backed up into the corner or ropes.

Floyd just has a superior ability inside the ring and people who don't appreciate boxing just need to get over it.

The thing is, more people need to admit they are fans of fighting more than boxing. 9 times out of 10 a sound boxer will beat the toughest fighters. That is why it is called the sweet science.

Also, it's not like Floyd is running, the dude is connecting with punches regardless of which direction he is moving. Every single one of his opponents know going into the fight that Floyd is quicker and excels at avoiding being punched.

You saw it tonight, Guerrero would stalk Floyd into a corner only to swing and miss and Floyd would instantly turn the tables and have Guererro backed up into the corner or ropes.

Floyd just has a superior ability inside the ring and people who don't appreciate boxing just need to get over it.

I don't even bother acknowledging those talking about Mayweather running. Its not worth the debate, their minds are made and no amount of logic is changing it.

I don't even bother acknowledging those talking about Mayweather running. Its not worth the debate, their minds are made and no amount of logic is changing it.

Just bleed fans aren't interested in the sport.