Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Its hard to recover from something like that.

Looking forward to all the steroid talk post fight though

We talked about it during the fight and I would not be at all surprised if Marquez came back positive. Just look at his upper body and the power he had tonight.

Edited by DM72

They are both counterpunches by nature, except Mayweather is faster, sneakier, more technical, stronger, etc etc....did you watch Mayweather vs. JMM in 2008? JMM was clowned, badly. And this is when JMM was worth a damn and not fighting bloated at 2 weight divisions too high.

Floyd is not stronger. He's not a power puncher.

Is he faster? Yup. Sneakier? Sure. Technical? Yup.

I'm not saying Manny would win, but Floyd doesn't knock out top tier fighters. He goes the distance and get his decision.

They are both counterpunches by nature, except Mayweather is faster, sneakier, more technical, stronger, etc etc....did you watch Mayweather vs. JMM in 2008? JMM was clowned, badly. And this is when JMM was worth a damn and not fighting bloated at 2 weight divisions too high.

JMM wasn't going to Laron Landry's doc in 2008.

But Mayweather would still destroy him. He would never get caught in a bad spot like Manny did tonight.

Floyd is not stronger. He's not a power puncher.

Is he faster? Yup. Sneakier? Sure. Technical? Yup.

I'm not saying Manny would win, but Floyd doesn't knock out top tier fighters. He goes the distance and get his decision.

Floyd's KO'd some top tier fighters in his career, just not at 147. At 130 & 135, he was finishing top guys, like that masterpiece against Diego Corrales.

Floyd's KO'd some top tier fighters in his career, just not at 147. At 130 & 135, he was finishing top guys, like that masterpiece against Diego Corrales.

Well yeah, I was talking about in the past decade. :)

---------- Post added December-9th-2012 at 01:10 AM ----------

I blame Mitt Romney for this knockout, he talked to Manny before the fight and jinxed him with his failure. :)

oh ok, Marquez is on roids and its cool to throw that out there.

Yet it wasnt when Floyd were saying Manny is on roids. I get it.

Considering JMM's "new" strength coach has ties to steroids and as long as I've seen JMM I have never seen him display this kind of power. Plus, Pac gradually got bigger while JMM got big over night.

Edited by DM72

This is the proper way to end this series, the one fight of the four that had a decisive, non debatable ending. The first three fights all left a bad taste in one or both sides of the aisle, but this one was decisive.

And I don't want to hear about Pac outlanding JMM up to that point because counter-punches by design often land less punches because the ones they do land are more vicious and damaging.

As far as Mayweather KOing folks. I believe he had the highest KO ratio to date until he started moving up in weight divisions.

---------- Post added December-9th-2012 at 06:20 AM ----------

The KO .gif definitely needs the Mortal Kombat fatality treatment. Just siiiiiiiick.

oh ok, Marquez is on roids and its cool to throw that out there.

Yet it wasnt when Floyd were saying Manny is on roids. I get it.

If he is clean...it makes whatever he is taking dirty.

Good fight,

I just want to see DM's response to the KO... Come one DM , he got clocked.

If he is clean...it makes whatever he is taking dirty.

Good fight,

O

I just want to see DM's response to the KO... Come one DM , he got clocked.

I already said my hats off to JMM. It was a perfect punch.

Edited by DM72