Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

The problem I have with Pac/Marquez IV is that it seems clear now that Marquez will never win a decision over Pac, but doesn't seem to quite have what it takes anymore to KO/TKO him, be it his age, wear & tear, and fighting at a weight that does not do him justice, so he is at a real disadvantage as far as trying to finish his opponent. I felt he won the 3rd fight, convincingly. I wouldn't go as far as saying "domination" but he did show as he did in his other fights with Pac, that Pac has a weakness against boxers who have power. Guys who can actually counter-punch as opposed to just walking into Pac's punches, thinking they will overpower him,

I am sure I will give in and find a stream to watch the fight but this 4th fight does not have the luster it could/should have., had Marquez been given the decision over Pac last year.

Edited by NoCalMike

when did he do that before? :ols:

I know Manny has promoted his future fights the same week Floyd was fighting. :ols:

The last time Pac was fighting Marquez. He makes a "challenge" to Pacquiao to fight on May 5 at the MGM Grand days before the Pac/Marquez fight. As for Pacquiao promoting a fight on the same week as Mayweather was fighting, he has every right to promote an upcoming fight. What Mayweather is doing is trying to steal Pacquiao's thunder.

Edited by DM72

Guys who can actually counter-punch as opposed to just walking into Pac's punches, thinking they will overpower him,

I have yet to see Pac or Roach correct this mistake. Once Pac comes in, he's already committed. He needs to learn how to counter on top of his opponents counter. Set them up with a jab, maybe double on it, wait for their 1-2 counter then unload....rather than just charge in, throw his combo and then get clocked.

That's all Marquez was doing. Let Pac throw his combos, once that left hand is launched Pac doesn't do a good job covering up for the counter, if anything there have been plenty of times that Pac will follow with that left and just stand there.

The last time Pac was fighting Marquez. He makes a "challenge" to Pacquiao to fight on May 5 at the MGM Grand days before the Pac/Marquez fight. As for Pacquiao promoting a fight on the same week as Mayweather was fighting, he has every right to promote an upcoming fight. What Mayweather is doing is trying to steal Pacquiao's thunder.

LOL you guys love you some Pacquaio!! I don't see the problem at all, how are you stealing thunder from Pac? Is someone going too not buy the Pac Marquez fight because Floyd says hes going too fight in May? If anything I think its a perfect situation he has a date in May and guess what if Pac beats Marquez then it gives us a little hope that the fight can be made.

Right now the two leading opponets for the fight is The Ghost and Canelo. Pac said he is fighting two times next year and the two most likely too fight is Rios and Bradley. This puts pressure on both of them get it done or continue too drag boxing down.

good lord, I wont even bother with this.

I have yet to see Pac or Roach correct this mistake. Once Pac comes in, he's already committed. He needs to learn how to counter on top of his opponents counter. Set them up with a jab, maybe double on it, wait for their 1-2 counter then unload....rather than just charge in, throw his combo and then get clocked.

That's all Marquez was doing. Let Pac throw his combos, once that left hand is launched Pac doesn't do a good job covering up for the counter, if anything there have been plenty of times that Pac will follow with that left and just stand there.

Pacquaio and Roach cant overcome that because they dont know how. Roach doesnt teach fighting any other way and Pacquiao cant fight any other way.

I expect the same thing to happen on Saturday, but I also expect Pacquaio to win a decision because Marquez cannot KO him.

I really dont know the point of this fight.

Pacquaio and Roach cant overcome that because they dont know how. Roach doesnt teach fighting any other way and Pacquiao cant fight any other way.

I expect the same thing to happen on Saturday, but I also expect Pacquaio to win a decision because Marquez cannot KO him.

I really dont know the point of this fight.

If you listen to Roach talk, he says Pac needs to learn how to fight a counter puncher. Uh, well you're his trainer, shouldn't you teach him?

Roach also say when prepping for opponents, he looks for habits not weaknesses.

I would imagine that he would have pointed out Pac's bad habit of dropping his hands when throwing combos. And that they would develop a way to defend a counter puncher.

Pac's speed and power is amazing, but its like some the basic fundamentals of boxing are almost non-existent.

LOL you guys love you some Pacquaio!! I don't see the problem at all, how are you stealing thunder from Pac? Is someone going too not buy the Pac Marquez fight because Floyd says hes going too fight in May? If anything I think its a perfect situation he has a date in May and guess what if Pac beats Marquez then it gives us a little hope that the fight can be made.

Right now the two leading opponets for the fight is The Ghost and Canelo. Pac said he is fighting two times next year and the two most likely too fight is Rios and Bradley. This puts pressure on both of them get it done or continue too drag boxing down.

1. I've lost all hope of this fight ever getting made. Hell, even one time Floyd backers have all come out and said "maybe Floyd is scared."

2. I think Pacquiao has moved on from even thinking about fighting Mayweather. Why chase after something that will never happen. 1st it was drug testing, then it was money, the next opsticle will be the weight. Floyd WILL have something up his sleeve.

---------- Post added December-6th-2012 at 10:17 AM ----------

good lord, I wont even bother with this.

Face it, ya boy is garbage. 50 and now even Mike Tyson see it.

If you listen to Roach talk, he says Pac needs to learn how to fight a counter puncher. Uh, well you're his trainer, shouldn't you teach him?

Roach also say when prepping for opponents, he looks for habits not weaknesses.

I would imagine that he would have pointed out Pac's bad habit of dropping his hands when throwing combos. And that they would develop a way to defend a counter puncher.

Pac's speed and power is amazing, but its like some the basic fundamentals of boxing are almost non-existent.

of course, its why I keep saying that Roach is an overrated trainer. His fighters only fight one way, and he makes them fight one way, and they all lose the same way.

There is no reason Khan to be a straight ahead fighter like Roach made him when you consider the physical abilities he has. Khan should be a great counterpuncher, but he Roach had him fighting like Pac. Combo, step back. Combo, step back, combo step back.

And Pacquiao only looks spectacular against straight ahead fighters. If he doesnt overwhelm you, and you counterpunch him, you will stay in the fight and score points.

In all honesty, Pac shouldn't fight Mayweather now, because he'd lose. I 'd have said otherwise 3 (almost 4) years ago, but as of right now, I think Floyd would get him, every time, no matter how many times they fought. That's probably been Floyd's game all along. Wait until a few years down the road, then make the fight happen, when you know that you stand a considerably higher chance of winning.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

In all honesty, Pac shouldn't fight Mayweather now, because he'd lose. I 'd have said otherwise 3 (almost 4) years ago, but as of right now, I think Floyd would get him, every time, no matter how many times they fought. That's probably been Floyd's game all along. Wait until a few years down the road, then make the fight happen, when you know that you stand a considerably higher chance of winning.

Floyd would have beaten Pacquiao 3 or 4 years ago also.

People act like Floyd is younger than Pacquiao.

A younger, faster, quicker Floyd?

I actually give Pacquiao a better chance than before based on what I saw in the Cotto fight.

I'm not sure he'll lose considering Floyd didn't exactly look like the Floyd of old versus Cotto, but I've said it all along, that Floyd might be waiting for Pacquiao to get old OR lose.

---------- Post added December-6th-2012 at 10:47 AM ----------

I will watch the fight...but I don't see the point of it. Fights like this hurt boxing,

And Sin, I don't think Pac has ever had the overall skills to win a decision vs. Mayweather. Floyd is simply a better pure boxer.

LOL. This will be the most watched fight that no one is interested in in history. Come on guys, if you take the time to watch the fight, that means you're interested.

---------- Post added December-6th-2012 at 10:50 AM ----------

I actually give Pacquiao a better chance than before based on what I saw in the Cotto fight.

Not according to what Floyd said. He told Pacquiao "If I lose, I have nothing. If you lose, you're still a congressman." Or something like that.

1. I've lost all hope of this fight ever getting made. Hell, even one time Floyd backers have all come out and said "maybe Floyd is scared."

2. I think Pacquiao has moved on from even thinking about fighting Mayweather. Why chase after something that will never happen. 1st it was drug testing, then it was money, the next opsticle will be the weight. Floyd WILL have something up his sleeve.

---------- Post added December-6th-2012 at 10:17 AM ----------

Face it, ya boy is garbage. 50 and now even Mike Tyson see it.

You know its kind of crazy that just LAST YEAR Floyd Challenged him just like you said May 5th and Pacman turned it down big time!! Him and Arum need too build this fake ass stadium and its not enough time too do it LOL! you believe that? MGM Grand the fight could have been made, or what about just before that Pacquaio's "CUT" won't be ready by MAY 5th but just before Floyd prison sentense got moved too June, Pac had a fight scheduled around that same time but as soon as Floyd is avalible then well this "CUT" can't heal even though he was seen in a photo a week later and that cut was a tiny tiny tiny cut that will take 5 months too heal. :ols:

We can do this both ways, but don't sit there and act like your guy isn't at fault for this. Just like 2 years ago the fight was made Mayweather actually SIGNED THE CONTRACT FOR 50/50 but as soon as Pac saw drug testing he declined, was it the drug testing that made him decline or he was just looking for a excuse?

Edited by SiCkSoULjA

You know its kind of crazy that just LAST YEAR Floyd Challenged him just like you said May 5th and Pacman turned it down big time!! Him and Arum need too build this fake ass stadium and its not enough time too do it LOL! you believe that? MGM Grand the fight could have been made, or what about just before that Pacquaio's "CUT" won't be ready by MAY 5th but just before Floyd prison sentense got moved too June, Pac had a fight scheduled around that same time but as soon as Floyd is avalible then well this "CUT" can't heal even though he was seen in a photo a week later and that cut was a tiny tiny tiny cut that will take 5 months too heal. :ols:

We can do this both ways, but don't sit there and act like your guy isn't at fault for this. Just like 2 years ago the fight was made Mayweather actually SIGNED THE CONTRACT FOR 50/50 but as soon as Pac saw drug testing he declined, was it the drug testing that made him decline or he was just looking for a excuse?

LOL. I can't see how anyone can still defend Floyd after Pacquiao went on National TV (no online BS) and spilled the beans about the Floyd phone call. And Floyd said NOTHING to refute anything Pacquiao said. And since when do Pacquiao have to cave in to Floyd's ridiculous drug testing demands and a date he set for this fight? Pacquiao's not some bum fighter that he can push around in negotiations. Floyd pulled the oldest trick in the book. Come up with a ridiculous demand that you know your opponent won't accept. That make it look like "HE'S the one that backed out. Very clever at first but now just about everyone is calling Floyd out on his BS.

Edited by DM72

of course, its why I keep saying that Roach is an overrated trainer. His fighters only fight one way, and he makes them fight one way, and they all lose the same way.

I wouldn't say he is completely over rated. He knows a lot about the science of boxing, fundamentals of foot work, and blah blah blah.....he's just not that good at game planning for an opponent. I think they rely too much on Pac's speed and power, rather than work on him being a little more of a cerebral fighter.

Just saying that Pac's style would favor a younger fighter, which imo would've given him a better shot a few years back. Floyd's style can help a boxer last longer, and stay effective as he ages. But yes, a faster Floyd would've been great as well. I think Pac would've still had the advantage in handspeed though, and would not have been able to beat him in a decision, but would have a far better chance of really hurting him, and even possibly knocking him out,more than any fighter Floyd's faced in his career.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

LOL. I can't see how anyone can still defend Floyd after Pacquiao went on National TV (no online BS) and spilled the beans about the Floyd phone call. And Floyd said NOTHING to refute anything Pacquiao said. And since when do Pacquiao have to cave in to Floyd's ridiculous drug testing demands and a date he set for this fight? Pacquiao's not some bum fighter that he can push around in negotiations. Floyd pulled the oldest trick in the book. Come up with a ridiculous demand that you know your opponent won't accept. That make it look like "HE'S the one that backed out. Very clever at first but now just about everyone is calling Floyd out on his BS.

Drug testing is a ridiculous demand? if Pac made the demands for drug testing and Floyd turned them down then the world would have ended. Drug testing is nothing but good for the sport. Mayweather was taking the same test by the way.

When did Pac ever get over 40 million?

How much did Pac make vs Cotto compared too Mayweather?

Who sales the most pay per view per fight?

Like I said before Mayweather vs Pacquaio was signed sealed and delievered for 50/50 when there both was still in there prime and Pac turned it down because he is affraid of needles. MAN GET THE **** OUT OF HERE. I will agree that Mayweather is at fault some for the fight not happening but your acting like Pac is a saint in this.

Edited by SiCkSoULjA

Just saying that Pac's style would favor a younger fighter, which imo would've given him a better shot a few years back. Floyd's style can help a boxer last longer, and stay effective as he ages. But yes, a faster Floyd would've been great as well. I think Pac would've still had the advantage in handspeed though, and would not have been able to beat him in a decision, but would have a far better chance of really hurting him, and even possibly knocking him out,more than any fighter Floyd's faced in his career.

nah, Floyd has always had faster hands than Pac.

Pac has a little more pop in his punches tho.

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan

I agree with everything you said but a younger Floyd that moves around and not as stationary would have have shut Pac out.

I hope Marquez wins so we can have Marquez-Pacquiao 5! hahaha in all seriousness though I'm not overly hyped for this fight but will definitely watch it, these two put on classics and that fact alone is worth something. If Marquez gets jobbed again I bet he retires

---------- Post added December-6th-2012 at 12:19 PM ----------

Rafael is reporting Ward hurt his shoulder and his fight with Pavlik is temporarily postponed

Drug testing is a ridiculous demand? if Pac made the demands for drug testing and Floyd turned them down then the world would have ended. Drug testing is nothing but good for the sport. Mayweather was taking the same test by the way.

When did Pac ever get over 40 million?

How much did Pac make vs Cotto compared too Mayweather?

Who sales the most pay per view per fight?

Like I said before Mayweather vs Pacquaio was signed sealed and delievered for 50/50 when there both was still in there prime and Pac turned it down because he is affraid of needles. MAN GET THE **** OUT OF HERE. I will agree that Mayweather is at fault some for the fight not happening but your acting like Pac is a saint in this.

Just because Pacquiao never made $40 million in a fight before doesn't mean he's gonna allow himself to be low ball'd. We're talking about a fight that could generate over $150 mil. There's no way he was gonna agree to a deal that wouldn't allow him none of the PPV. And to your point in comparing Pac/Cotto to May/Cotto. Mayweather fans like to leave out the fact that Alverez AND Mosley was also on that card.