Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

I can see Alverez fighting Erislandy Lara then. A good boxer (ask Paul Williams) with no punching power. Hard sell for a PPV though.

I'd be shocked and pleasantly surprised if Golden Boy let Lara get a crack at him. Risk is too high, if Canelo is to lose, they want it to be against somebody they can sell later.

If they're hellbent on keeping the date, they should just give Kirkland the extra dollars he wanted. Otherwise, they're better off canceling the date.

---------- Post added June-24th-2012 at 12:00 AM ----------

Just dawned on me that Cotto is available for Canelo. That would be a great fight and would put up very good PPV numbers. Mexico vs. Puerto Rico is easily sold in boxing.

• 2 weeks later...

According to Dan Rafael, Canelo is now fighting Josesito Lopez on CBS.

I don't like the matchup. Size difference will be enormous. Lopez is a natural 140lb'er, he couldn't even get to 147 when he fought and stopped Ortiz, now he's supposed to fight at 154? It also bypasses a few fighters at 154 who have earned their shot. Hope he makes a good payday, but he's backing himself into a corner. Should be a fun fight as long as it lasts though.

Edited by StillUnknown

According to Dan Rafael, Canelo is now fighting Josesito Lopez on CBS.

I don't like the matchup. Size difference will be enormous. Lopez is a natural 140lb'er, he couldn't even get to 147 when he fought and stopped Ortiz, now he's supposed to fight at 154? It also bypasses a few fighters at 154 who have earned their shot. Hope he makes a good payday, but he's backing himself into a corner. Should be a fun fight as long as it lasts though.

its a horrible fight... the protection of Canelo continues.

I will be watching Martinez/Chavez that night.

Kahn loses to Danny Garcia in an exciting fight tonight on HBO

This is why boxing is still better than MMA!

Kahn dominated the fight in rounds 1 through 3 and was still dominating in 4 until he was blasted by a "lucky" counter left hook. From that point forward I was shocked, amazed, and became a fan of Amir Kahn's heart. The fight was stopped in the 4th after I believe it was the 4th knock down. Very exciting to watch, I wish he woulda made it through but the stoppage was a good one because Kahn was slow to respond to questions, requested movements, etc. several times prior

There are some ridiculously good fights that can be made at 140 right now.

You got Josesito Lopez (who hopefully will return to 140 after Canelo smokes him at 154), Danny Garcia, Khan, Lucas Mathysse, Maidana, Brandon Rios.

Match any 2 of those fighters together and you have a "Fight of the Year" type fight.

• 1 month later...

Andre Ward is in the process of destroying Chad Dawson

---------- Post added September-8th-2012 at 11:12 PM ----------

I already thought Ward was great, but he's better than I thought.

---------- Post added September-8th-2012 at 11:20 PM ----------

Ward stops him in the 10th

Masterclass performance from Andre Ward

Wow. Dawson might still be punch drunk. That was equal to the Tim Tebow "excited" interview.

:doh:

---------- Post added September-8th-2012 at 11:35 PM ----------

LHW has no names, he'll make more money at 168 most likely.

It's a business. Money is there to be made also...sounds like a perfect marketing plan to me at this point. Big fight that he dominated, 2-3 fights at that weight...and switch it up.

Ward wont move to LHW yet. Makes no sense, no money there. Thats why Chad was so eager to call out Ward and drop in weight.

Ward is my #2 p4p fighter now. IM not sure what style beats him. He had no respect for Chad's power. Chad did look physically weak, but then he checked out once he realized he wasnt hurting Ward.

Matthysse is a beast too. Ajose showed a lot of heart taking all those shots from Matthysse and not getting knocked down until late. Matthysse is a beast, and probably the best at 140 in the world right now.

Matthysse should be undefeated. He lost those 2 decisions to Z. Judah and D. Alexander which I thought he won. We'll see if anyone wants to step up to fight him. Ajose had a decent showing especially since his long layoff. BTW, please never let Nick Cannon never ever be considered as a ring announcer. He was AWFUL!!!