Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Steroids is a bit bigger than just a "competitive edge". Its a competitive edge in baseball where you only assault record books. In boxing, it can have life altering consequences.

Your right on that but there's no you can compare loaded gloves too steriods. Loaded gloves is a sin in boxing steriods is cheating.

Your right on that but there's no you can compare loaded gloves too steriods. Loaded gloves is a sin in boxing steriods is cheating.

yeah, I have to agree with that. Steroids are bad but loaded gloves will always be worse.

---------- Post added June-13th-2012 at 12:57 AM ----------

Mayweather Cotto testing results

http://www.usada.org/cotto-mayweather

Bull**** rumors you tried too help spread failed, mean while with all these positive test going around PAC denied testing from VADA for the fight, had a chance too show he is clean and denied the opportunity.

that idiot Gabriel Montoya was trying hard to slander USADA and the Pacquiao bum lickers were trying hard to eat that up. Then ignore that he still has not had random tests in his fights.

that idiot Gabriel Montoya was trying hard to slander USADA and the Pacquiao bum lickers were trying hard to eat that up. Then ignore that he still has not had random tests in his fights.

Now I see why you weren't all that upset about the outcome of the Pac/Bradley fight. Pacquiao bum lickers? Why are Floyd fanatics soooo jealous of Pacquiao?

Now I see why you weren't all that upset about the outcome of the Pac/Bradley fight. Pacquiao bum lickers? Why are Floyd fanatics soooo jealous of Pacquiao?

nope, you are not going to pull this one.

Im a big Pacquiao fan. have been for years. I love watching him fight and have no issue with him. I have an issue with the blind fans who think he is a saint. I have an issue with Arum who is a proven liar and bad for the sport. And I have an issue with Freddie Roach's overrated self. But Pacquiao the boxer? I have nothing but love for. Easily an all time great.

However, I had little issue with the decision originally because I thought Pacquiao got a gift decision against Marquez. Then I rewatched the Bradley fight with no sound and thought the fight was very close and could see the judges giving it to Bradley even if I disagreed.

Manny really didnt connect with a lot of his punches and then just stopped in the late rounds.

Manny really didnt connect with a lot of his punches and then just stopped in the late rounds.

You say you're a fan but you call fellow Pacquiao fans bum lickers? Interesting.

As for your point about Pacquiao not connecting on a lot of punches. He still was connecting more than Bradley. And don't give me the argument that the telecast influences people. One of the judges made the same claim. How do you explain the entire MGM Grand (who didn't hear the telecast) thinking Pacquiao had won an easy decision?

Say what you will about that fight but way too many people think this was a one-sided fight. Not just "Pacquiao bum lickers." But ex and current boxers, boxing trainers, boxing analyst, vast majority of fans and even the Mayweathers thought this was an easy Pacquiao victory. No way we could all be wrong.

You say you're a fan but you call fellow Pacquiao fans bum lickers? Interesting.

its interesting that you misconstrued my statement.

I said I am a fan. I differentiate myself, the fan, from Pacquiao bum lickers, Of which, there are a lot of. They arent just fans of the boxer, they are on the cult of personality. Being a fan, and being a bum licker of a person are two very different things. I was clear on that too.

Its just like one person being a conservative but not an extreme conservative.

Unless, YOU believe that all Pacquiao fans are bum lickers. If thats true, I take great offense.

As for your point about Pacquiao not connecting on a lot of punches. He still was connecting more than Bradley. And don't give me the argument that the telecast influences people. One of the judges made the same claim. How do you explain the entire MGM Grand (who didn't hear the telecast) thinking Pacquiao had won an easy decision?

He connected more than Bradley, thing is a lot of that were in limited rounds. ON top of that, Bradley was actually controlling the rounds and showed more ring generalship, specifcally in the later rounds. Points are not just assessed based on punches that land.

And like I said before, if people felt a way about the decison thats fine. I am not going to try and convince people otherwise. People are etched in stone. All I am explaining is that after my rewatch I saw the fight differently than when I saw it live.

Say what you will about that fight but way too many people think this was a one-sided fight. Not just "Pacquiao bum lickers." But ex and current boxers, boxing trainers, boxing analyst, vast majority of fans and even the Mayweathers thought this was an easy Pacquiao victory. No way we could all be wrong.

thats fine. I dont.

Bradley said watch the fight with sound off, Every punch Pac threw crowd went wild even though punches didn't connect, also announcers go crazy over every punch Pac throws but don't comment on Bradleys shots.

http://www.boxingscene.com/tim-bradley-watch-fight-again-with-sound-off--53976

He also said him giving the belt back is not going too happen because he feels he won the fight.

Edited by SiCkSoULjA

ON top of that, Bradley was actually controlling the rounds and showed more ring generalship, specifcally in the later rounds. Points are not just assessed based on punches that land.

If this is true, Mayweather would kill Pac with that type of thing.

Bradley says? Sick, you can do better than that. If Bradley won this fight, take my word, everyone would be saying so. People love an underdog. But too many people (boxers, trainers, analyst, journalist, and fans) who saw the fight says Pac got robbed. 90% of the people who saw this fight can't be wrong.

Sick, I had a few Mayweather fans over. And when I say Mayweather fans I mean they think the sun rises and sets in his ass and they can't stand Pac. Even they said Pac was robbed. Other judges say he was robbed. Back to Bradley. When you say you have to go home and watch the tape to see if you won, that pretty much says it all.

Edited by DM72

It's not true. But don't take my word for it, the replay is on Saturday night on HBO.

EDIT: It WILL NOT make a bit of difference if you turn the sound off.

Edited by DM72

Bradley says? Sick, you can do better than that. If Bradley won this fight, take my word, everyone would be saying so. People love an underdog. But too many people (boxers, trainers, analyst, journalist, and fans) who saw the fight says Pac got robbed. 90% of the people who saw this fight can't be wrong.

Sick, I had a few Mayweather fans over. And when I say Mayweather fans I mean they think the sun rises and sets in his ass and they can't stand Pac. Even they said Pac was robbed. Other judges say he was robbed. Back to Bradley. When you say you have to go home and watch the tape to see if you won, that pretty much says it all.

DM you know I am a Mayweather fan and guess what I felt the same way when I watched it Saturday, Rewatching the fight Sunday I saw a different fight I saw a very competitive fight, I had Pac winning the fight but there were rounds that I feel could go either way. Seems like almost everyone is still in shock over the initial decision. Rounds I thought Pac dominated was far from that and much much closer. Almost every poster that commented on the fight have both fighters winning different rounds.

I'll just say this. If I'm Pacquiao, I don't want a rematch. He knows he already beat him. I would demand my next fight be Mayweather then retire. I would even accept the $40 million guarantee even though he should get much more.

I'll just say this. If I'm Pacquiao, I don't want a rematch. He knows he already beat him. I would demand my next fight be Mayweather then retire. I would even accept the $40 million guarantee even though he should get much more.

that sounds nice but its no way thats happening, there not pressing for the Mayweather fight just like the Mayweather camp isn't pressing over Pac fight. Mayweather stand too make 40 million per fight with or without Pac. Pac fights 2 times a year and Arum keeps matching him with Top Rank fighters keeping money inhouse.

I think Pac should get more than 40 flat but he will NOT get 50-50 and he knows that.

Edited by SiCkSoULjA

that sounds nice but its no way thats happening, there not pressing for the Mayweather fight just like the Mayweather camp isn't pressing over Pac fight. Mayweather stand too make 40 million per fight with or without Pac. Pac fights 2 times a year and Arum keeps matching him with Top Rank fighters keeping money inhouse.

I think Pac should get more than 40 flat but he will NOT get 50-50 and he knows that.

These guys are running out of opponents. Who else is out there?

EDIT: It WILL NOT make a bit of difference if you turn the sound off.

it does. Im telling you, the fight I saw on Saturday live was completely different than the one I saw on Sunday without any sound.

the fight was very close. A lot of those rounds were close. And I guess Manny has some conditioning issues because he wasnt taking rounds serious until late and then just stopped at the end of the fight.

---------- Post added June-15th-2012 at 12:00 AM ----------

of course he would, Manny has a big problem with boxers. I dont think Bradley is that good of a boxer, and he was still controlling a lot of that fight over Manny.

Floyd's probably looking at the winner of Canelo/Ortiz, then a rematch with Cotto, and maybe a fight with Khan.

Pacquiao has a 4th fight with JMM or a rematch with Cotto, but at 154.

They never run out of opponents because they are the attraction. More or less, the public doesn't care who they fight as long as they can be convinced they're credible. They will be massive favorites over all opponents with the exception of Martinez at 154, a fight that neither man will or should be expected to take.

Do people really want to see them fight guys they already beat? Pacquiao destroyed Cotto and Ortiz won't beat Floyd this time either. Us fans just need to stop being suckers and stop ordering these fights.

---------- Post added June-15th-2012 at 02:01 AM ----------

of course he would, Manny has a big problem with boxers. I dont think Bradley is that good of a boxer, and he was still controlling a lot of that fight over Manny.

When has Manny had any problems with boxers? Not that he's faced a lot of boxers. And how do you control a fight when you're backing up mist of the time?

---------- Post added June-15th-2012 at 02:02 AM ----------

When has Manny had any problems with boxers? Not that he's faced a lot of boxers. And how do you control a fight when you're backing up mist of the time?

That's what I like too think but they brought Bradley and Ortiz out the bag.

PAC has either Marquez and Bradley he is going too fight again

Floyd has Khan and Alverez or Martinez as possible matches

Cotto also can rematch both, I am not convinced that the mega fight is going to happen I'll believe it when it's signed.

Floyd's probably looking at the winner of Canelo/Ortiz, then a rematch with Cotto, and maybe a fight with Khan.

Pacquiao has a 4th fight with JMM or a rematch with Cotto, but at 154.

They never run out of opponents because they are the attraction. More or less, the public doesn't care who they fight as long as they can be convinced they're credible. They will be massive favorites over all opponents with the exception of Martinez at 154, a fight that neither man will or should be expected to take.

man sorry for damn near repeating your post I just replied and didn't see it. I hated with I say or post something and then somebody comes right behind me and says the same thing when they heard or saw it. I didn't see it though

I guess those Marquez fights were before your time?

He even struggled with Cotto until Cotto lost his head and decided to brawl. Shane was giving him problems too even when he went into retreat mode and actually try boxing out.

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan

That's what I like too think but they brought Bradley and Ortiz out the bag.

PAC has either Marquez and Bradley he is going too fight again

Floyd has Khan and Alverez or Martinez as possible matches

Cotto also can rematch both, I am not convinced that the mega fight is going to happen I'll believe it when it's signed.

To be fair, both Ortiz and Bradley deserved their shot. I can see Khan IF he wins his next bout. I don't believe Floyd will fight Alverezor or Martinez.

As for Cotto, he clearly lost to both fighters, no need to see it again and there's no need for a 4th Pac/Marquez fight.

---------- Post added June-15th-2012 at 11:01 AM ----------

I guess those Marquez fights were before your time?

He even struggled with Cotto until Cotto lost his head and decided to brawl. Shane was giving him problems too even when he went into retreat mode and actually try boxing out.

I really don't consider Marquez a pure boxer. He's a great counter puncher that has great timing, but he FIGHTS. And Pacquiao really didn't struggle with Cotto and Mosley. He was knocking Cotto around the ring all night and after Mosley got knocked down, he ran. I guess if Pac doesn't knock someone out in the first 5 rounds, I guess that means he struggled.

Edited by DM72

To be fair, both Ortiz and Bradley deserved their shot. I can see Khan IF he wins his next bout. I don't believe Floyd will fight Alverezor or Martinez.

As for Cotto, he clearly lost to both fighters, no need to see it again and there's no need for a 4th Pac/Marquez fight.

---------- Post added June-15th-2012 at 11:01 AM ----------

I really don't consider Marquez a pure boxer. He's a great counter puncher that has great timing, but he FIGHTS. And Pacquiao really didn't struggle with Cotto and Mosley. He was knocking Cotto around the ring all night and after Mosley got knocked down, he ran. I guess if Pac doesn't knock someone out in the first 5 rounds, I guess that means he struggled.

Mosley got his butt whooped, Cotto did okay for a few rounds but neither one are great counter punchers that thats who Manny struggles with he can brawl with the best of them but counter punchers like Marquez and Mayweather makes him pay.

Mosley got his butt whooped, Cotto did okay for a few rounds but neither one are great counter punchers that thats who Manny struggles with he can brawl with the best of them but counter punchers like Marquez and Mayweather makes him pay.

LOL, You didn't think I was gonna let that slide did you? We have yet to see Floyd make Manny pay. When he drops all of his ridiculous demands, let me know. As for Marquez, he gives Pac some trouble, no doubt about it. But Pac still hold his own.