Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/6/10/3077000/pacquiao-vs-bradley-controversy-judge-duane-ford-defends-card-boxing-lesson-hbo-boxing-news

Duane Ford, one of two Nevada judges (along with C.J. Ross) who scored last night's Pacquiao vs Bradley fight a shocking 115-113 for Bradley, has defended his decision today when speaking with Vegas journalist Steve Carp, who tweeted some of Ford's quotes this afternoon. Here's what Ford said:
"You've got to put the ball in the basket and Manny didn't put the ball in the basket enough. ... This isn't American Idol. If I judge for the people, I shouldn't be a judge. I went in with a clear mind and judged each round. ... I don't look at the punch stats but I saw Manny miss a lot of punches and Bradley hit Manny and win a lot of the exchanges. ... I'm comfortable with my performance. I thought Bradley gave Pacquiao a boxing lesson."

ihxVB3rz1bcaW.gif

I just watched the fight again, the only rounds I gave Bradley was the 2nd, 10th and 12th. The fact that that "judge" thought Bradley gave Pacquiao a boxing lesson, raises my eyebrow even more. Something is very fishy.

I just watched the fight again, the only rounds I gave Bradley was the 2nd, 10th and 12th. The fact that that "judge" thought Bradley gave Pacquiao a boxing lesson, raises my eyebrow even more. Something is very fishy.

Are you taking into account the rule changes that favor less powerful and less frequent punching?

They blow their load to all the money fighters. They do the same for Pacquiao as they do for Floyd and what they used to do for Tyson, Holyfield, De La Hoya, Jones Jr and Trinidad.

Na it's on a totally different level with Manny, Steward is usually pretty straight but Lampley and his crush for Manny is something serious. I am about too watch the fight now and going too score it.

I watched the fight and had it 8-4/7-5 Manny. 2,10,11,12 were Bradley rounds and then I think he might've stolen one in the middle (7 maybe?) but I don't know how you could've had him on the winning end of the decision.

Can you somehow see how Bradley won 7,8,9 and 10? I think it's impossible for Duane Ford's opinion to be that of a sane man's.

Edited by jnhay

I rewatched the fight

I gave Bradley that first round, and then 9-12.

still only 5 rounds, but it wasnt the most dominant display that HBO and co would have you believe. Manny missed a lot of punches and Bradley caught him a few times. He scored well even if it wasnt hurting Manny.

Bradley's last 4 round strategy would have won him the fight with no controversy if he had that tactic from the start of countering.

Also the middle rounds, really after round 5, they were very close. I think Manny won, but they were close rounds.

Also, I watched without sound because I wanted no bias from the commentators.

---------- Post added June-10th-2012 at 10:02 PM ----------

Can you somehow see how Bradley won 7,8,9 and 10? I think it's impossible for Duane Ford's opinion to be that of a sane man's.

I could. Rounds 7-9 were VERY close.

For someone with a broken left foot and a badly sprained right foot, Bradley moved pretty well to avoid some of Manny's over top shots from the left.

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan

Great fight just watched it again HBO can sway you like I said, great fight and close fight depending on what you were looking for. Here is my card drum roll please.

ROUND 1: EVEN (could go either way Bradley won most the round but didnt really do much while Pac landed 3 punches in the final 15 seconds that could have won him the round.)

ROUND 2: BRADLEY (I thought he outworked Manny and landed some nice body shots close round though)

ROUND 3: PAC (nice clean punches)

ROUND 4: PAC (he missed most of his punches with that wild fury but landed a few major ones, Bradley hurt is foot)

ROUND 5: PAC ( DOMINATION)

ROUND 6: EVEN (Bradley won the first 2 minutes Pac won the last minute and landed the harder punches)

ROUND 7: PAC (Manny with another wild fury but landed a a few hard punches)

ROUND 8: BRADLEY ( weak round I thought he did the most too win it)

ROUND 9: PAC ( good round won it)

ROUND 10 BRADLEY(he had the jab going)

ROUND 11 EVEN (Bradley looked great with the jab and body shots, Pac came on strong at the end with some nice clean hard punches)

ROUND 12 BRADLEY (did the most too win it)

I had Pac winning 5 rounds too 4, round 1, 6, 11 was close if you give those 3 rounds too Bradley then it equals the 115-113 BRADLEY. Pac is the champ so thats hard pressing too do so I think PAC won the fight but it was much closer than it seemed. It was all PAC PAC PAC and Bradley didn't do nothing if you listen too the Lampley and company.

Edited by SiCkSoULjA

thats ur view.

I think he did, altho i admit they were very close.

Really, outside of rounds 3-5, the fight was really close.

Yeah, it was so close that Bradley has to go and watch the tape to see if he really won. Did his wife looked like she had thought he had won? Heck, did Bradley and his corner look like he had won?

---------- Post added June-10th-2012 at 10:44 PM ----------

Great fight just watched it again HBO can sway you like I said, great fight and close fight depending on what you were looking for. Here is my card drum roll please.

ROUND 1: EVEN (could go either way Bradley won most the round but didnt really do much while Pac landed 3 punches in the final 15 seconds that could have won him the round.)

ROUND 2: BRADLEY (I thought he outworked Manny and landed some nice body shots close round though)

ROUND 3: PAC (nice clean punches)

ROUND 4: PAC (he missed most of his punches with that wild fury but landed a few major ones, Bradley hurt is foot)

ROUND 5: PAC ( DOMINATION)

ROUND 6: EVEN (Bradley won the first 2 minutes Pac won the last minute and landed the harder punches)

ROUND 7: PAC (Manny with another wild fury but landed a a few hard punches)

ROUND 8: BRADLEY ( weak round I thought he did the most too win it)

ROUND 9: PAC ( good round won it)

ROUND 10 BRADLEY(he had the jab going)

ROUND 11 EVEN (Bradley looked great with the jab and body shots, Pac came on strong at the end with some nice clean hard punches)

ROUND 12 BRADLEY (did the most too win it)

I had Pac winning 5 rounds too 4, round 1, 6, 11 was close if you give those 3 rounds too Bradley then it equals the 115-113 BRADLEY. Pac is the champ so thats hard pressing too do so I think PAC won the fight but it was much closer than it seemed. It was all PAC PAC PAC and Bradley didn't do nothing if you listen too the Lampley and company.

Well, the Mayweather's don't agree and they can't stand Pacquiao.

If I was too score those even rounds I had I would say 115-113 PAC, giving him 2 and Bradley 1. I watched the rd 6-12 last night and only gave Bradley the 10th but rewatching it he won 3 of the rounds and maybe 4.

Edited by SiCkSoULjA

The foot injury does a good job to rewrite history by obscuring the fact that Bradley was wobbled badly and it wasn't all a hurt ankle. He was hurt several times in the fight and never damaged Pac at all. His defensive head movement wasn't working, look closely, manny was landing lost every time he tried it and he often ended up a little woozy. The first round want even... It was even until manny landed three hard punches, which means that it was no longer even. Three hard punches is significant, especially when all three stop your opponent cold and send him back peddling.

Sr's on record saying Pacquiao easily won the fight.

---------- Post added June-10th-2012 at 11:39 PM ----------

Floyd Sr: "judges in the Pacquiao/Bradley fight should find a new job."

http://tracking.si.com/2012/06/10/manny-pacquiao-timothy-bradley-judges/

he didnt say easily, tbf.

And I also think Manny won, my point is that fight was very effing close.

The foot injury does a good job to rewrite history by obscuring the fact that Bradley was wobbled badly and it wasn't all a hurt ankle. He was hurt several times in the fight and never damaged Pac at all. His defensive head movement wasn't working, look closely, manny was landing lost every time he tried it and he often ended up a little woozy. The first round want even... It was even until manny landed three hard punches, which means that it was no longer even. Three hard punches is significant, especially when all three stop your opponent cold and send him back peddling.

the only time Bradley was wobbled was when he hurt his ankle. I wanna say it was round 4 or 5. He backed up and looked like he was about to go down. That was the round Bradley rolled his ankle. You can also see throughout that fight that Bradley was not moving the same way he was early on in the fight. Instead of backing up and being on his heels like earlier, Bradley was elluding with head movement and ducking his head. And his head movement was there at the end after he adjusted to his injury.

Idk, I think Manny won that fight but it was a VERY close fight. Even during the Manny slobbering, Emmanuel Steward pointed out that Manny's over hand left was not connecting anymore after the earlier rounds.

And like I always tell people about Roach fighters, Bradley started closing the ring off and closing on Manny and forcing the fight to be an inside fight. Roach fighters cannot fight on the inside.

I dont believe Bradley hurt Manny much, but he was scoring points which is what its all about.

he didnt say easily, tbf.

And I also think Manny won, my point is that fight was very effing close.

That fight wasn't nowhere near close. Bradley was the most surprised person in the arena when he was declared the winner. Compubox doesn't lie. Pacquiao landed way more punches.

Edited by DM72

Watched the fight again. In no universe did Bradley even come close to being close to winning. And just in case you think I'm biased, I like Bradley and think the Pac Man would lose to Floyd.

Apparently a crazy amount of late money on Bradley in Vegas. Some folks knew something was up. Hell, even HBO was questioning the judges BEFORE the fight started.

They'll make a good documentary out of this someday.

That fight wasn't nowhere near close. Bradley was the most surprised person in the arena when he was declared the winner. Compubox doesn't lie. Pacquiao landed way more punches.

idk man

round 7, compubox said Bradley only connected on 11 punches. Im rewatching it now and he connected on at least 12 punches with a minute left in the round. And I say that thinking that was a Manny round.