Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

I agree that the buildup has gotten boring, but haven't they been making money of us suckers for two years now? The fight has already lost some luster. Should we have to pay to see rematches that no one wants to see?

We shouldn't have to, but we do and we will.

Same as some football fans have been paying for decades to see their teams win and get there.

I paid to see Buster Douglas knockout Tyson...I expected Buster to give it his all...I certainly didn't expect Tyson to get knocked out and look like a practice dummy for most of the fight. And I certainly thought Tyson was going to win and be giving the knockout.

Edited by Kosher Ham

DM72...Think of it this way...If/When they fight each other...then there will be no one left to fight.

To me the build up has become boring. But it's about money, and if they can all make money in the meantime...why shouldn't they ?

That's the stake in the heart of boxing as we speak. And IMO, long term, it would help their retirement fund if they had a trilogy in their primes. Look at Ali/Frazier, they both took some asswhippins' from each other - but it secured their legend status for the rest of their lives. Manny and Floyd will always be "what if" kind of athletes, in my mind. I'll see their faces on TV in 10 years, and change the channel.

If these guys can't handle the tremendously insane amount of money we've been paying them, that should be their problems, it shouldn't be boxing's problem. They are holding boxing hostage, and reaping the rewards of desperate, hungry boxing fans. Floyd and Manny should have fought twice by now. It's a complete joke. Bring on all comers, you're a damn boxer. It really should be that simple. But it isn't, because it's corrupted by money at the top of the heap.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Top Rank is floating Sept 15th for JCCjr/Martinez on HBO PPV. Same day as the Canelo/Ortiz Showtime PPV.

One of those fights is getting moved, no chance in hell Mexico's two largest attractions fight on different PPV's the same night.

Edited by StillUnknown

Top Rank is floating Sept 15th for JCCjr/Martinez on HBO PPV. Same day as the Canelo/Ortiz Showtime PPV.

One of those fights is getting moved, no chance in hell Mexico's two largest attractions fight on different PPV's the same night.

Last week's decision isnt whats wrong with boxing, stupid things like this are whats wrong.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1224187-manny-pacquiao-reportedly-fighting-juan-manuel-marquez-instead-of-tim-bradley

Manny Pacquiao Reportedly Fighting Juan Manuel Marquez Instead of Tim Bradley

Top Rank promoter Fernando Beltran told Nacion ESPN on Friday that Manny Pacquiao would be fighting Juan Manuel Marquez on November 10 instead of Timothy Bradley, Jr., per ESPN.

Pacquiao, who lost via a controversial split decision on Saturday against Bradley, will face off with Marquez for the fourth time in his career. The fight will take place in either Las Vegas or Marquez's home country of Mexico, with Pacquiao reportedly preferring to fight in Mexico.

There was talk that there might be a rematch between Pacquiao and Bradley after the controversial decision that stripped the legendary Filipino of his WBO welterweight title belt. But it appears that Pacquiao is ready to move on against a fighter in Marquez who has always given him trouble.

It was just last November that Pacquiao (54-4-2, 38 KO) won a controversial decision of his own against Marquez (54-6-1). Pacquiao won via majority decision, but despite landing more punches in the bout, many people believed Marquez was more effective with his punches.

The one thing Lampley was spot on about...Manny took the first two minutes off of most rounds.

In the mean time he took some shots and conserved energy. To me it didn't help Manny, it looked like he was losing. Then he had a shot or two that got the crowd hyped, but as the video showed...he was missing so many that it made Bradley perhaps look even better than he was.

My point was it was close last weekend. I scored it 7-5 Pac, but I can see how it may be the opposite easily.

Thanks for the video however.

Give Bradley credit. It wasnt "Manny making Bradley look better than he was," it was Bradley slipping punches to lessen the power and moving his head to avoid (which that old clown shoes Lederman missed right after he did it).

I give Manny the fight still, but it was not a robbery. Not even close, and could have gone either way and I get it. The outcry and screams of injustice is just nonsense.

I remember that last fight against Marquez...

We should go back and read about that fight again.

Good fight for him however (if it happens).

Who wants to see a 4th Pac/JMM fight. I'm a Pacquiao fan and I probably won't even order it. Are they gonna fight until JMM gets the result he wants?

You guys need to stop. Everyone knows Pacquiao won the fight. Even Pacquiao haters admitted it. Having a different opinion doesn't make you cool.

did you bother watching the video or are you just going to continue burying your head in the sand?

You can say Manny won, thats fine, but to say it was a robbery or a misjustice or say the fight will make you stop watching boxing is nonsense and hysterical.

did you bother watching the video or are you just going to continue burying your head in the sand?

You can say Manny won, thats fine, but to say it was a robbery or a misjustice or say the fight will make you stop watching boxing is nonsense and hysterical.

I watched the fight THREE times. Pac still won 9 out of 12 rounds in my book. And when did I ever say I was gonna stop watching boxing?

I watched the fight THREE times. Pac still won 9 out of 12 rounds in my book. And when did I ever say I was gonna stop watching boxing?

I didnt mention you, I was talking about the hysterical reactions in general by the media and public and even Capitol Hill.

And in those 9-3 rounds, did you believe many rounds were close? What was the ultimate determinant?

And the video was about HBO being biased in their coverage. Bradley lands clean shots and blocks a lot of Manny punches and they ignore Bradley and give Manny credit for hitting glove.

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan

I didnt mention you, I was talking about the hysterical reactions in general by the media and public and even Capitol Hill.

And in those 9-3 rounds, did you believe many rounds were close? What was the ultimate determinant?

I thought Pacquiao was landing the cleaner, harder shots all night and was backing Bradley up constantly. When Bradley hit Pacquiao, his punches seemed to have very little effect as opposed to Pacquiao who had Bradley hurt at least two times. And body language tells the story too.Starting in the middle rounds, Bradley just looked like a defeated fighter.

Edited by DM72

I thought Pacquiao was landing the cleaner, harder shots all night and was backing Bradley was being back up constantly. When Bradley hit Pacquiao, his punches seemed tohave very little effect as opposed to Pacquiao who had Bradley hurt at least two times. And body language tells the story too.Starting in the middle rounds, Bradley just looked like a defeated fighter.

I am not taking credit away from Bradley at all. I just don't think it was a dominant performance from Pac that some seem to think.

Yet Bradley easily won 2 of the last 3 and perhaps all 3 of the late rounds.

Watch the video. He wasn't landing all the time. Bradley evaded many of Manny's punches.

Without the hype, it is a close fight. As both of us are saying we thought Pac won too. But it was not so outrageous that Bradley won.

The thing that gets me is the picture of Bradley's face after absorbing 250 punches compared to Margarito, Cotto and Mosley all who either had around the same or less. Still have Pacquaio winning, still don't think it was a blow out or "the worst decision in the history of boxing"

5 Judge Panel WBO Comittee Says Pacquiao Won. Were They Too Influenced By The HBO Crew?

www.newsday.com/sports/pacquiao-wants-rematch-bradley-1.3795630

The decision stands just a waste of time, almost everybody says they think Pacquiao won but it was a closer fight than whats made out too be thats all. Stop trying too say we think Pac lost when we all said he won.

The decision stands just a waste of time, almost everybody says they think Pacquiao won but it was a closer fight than whats made out too be thats all. Stop trying too say we think Pac lost when we all said he won.

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said anyone thought Pacquiao lost. This WBO panel just happens to be a big deal, although that can't reverse the decision, they can request a rematch. I'd rather see a rematch than a 4th JMM fight.

And if you average in the 5 scorecards, I believe they had it 8-4. Hardly a close fight.

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said anyone thought Pacquiao lost. This WBO panel just happens to be a big deal, although that can't reverse the decision, they can request a rematch. I'd rather see a rematch than a 4th JMM fight.

And if you average in the 5 scorecards, I believe they had it 8-4. Hardly a close fight.

Man you made a direct quote too us saying

WBO judges said pac won "Were They Too Influenced By The HBO Crew?" come on man don't try too play me like that with the DONT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH CRAP you know we you met. Get over it PAC lost we all thought he won he didn't ITS NOT CHANGING, sign on the rematch and knock him out its that clear.