Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Berto tried the Philly shell and failed miserably, couldn't replicate the Mayweather/Broner domination for defense and even worse his offense which he is known for he couldn't throw trying too be Mayweather.

The Ghost was also a very dirty fighter holding and hitting during both knock downs and all the inside fighting.

Edited by SiCkSoULjA

Cotto vs. Trout tonight on Showtime.

Kinda surprised Cotto even took this fight, its a somewhat risky fight with little upside for Cotto. Trout has some some skill. I still expect Cotto to win, especially with it being in NY, but I think Trout will put up a decent fight.

Hopefully if Cotto wins, we get Canelo/Cotto which would be a pretty big deal.

^ You think if Canelo wins against Cotto (if the fight happens), we could see Floyd/Canelo down the road?

Its possible, wouldn't happen until very late 2013 or early 2014 though.

I'm assuming Floyd fights Guerrero sometime in March or April, maybe Cotto/Canelo gets made around May/June. Then Floyd fights the winner in November/December or early 2014.

Trout giving Cotto a damn good fight, close fight. I have it even going into the 9th.

Momentum is with Trout right now.

---------- Post added December-1st-2012 at 11:21 PM ----------

Trout is really putting it together in these late rounds. Cotto is fading.

I have Trout up 106-103 going into the 12th. Might see some funny scores though in Cotto's backyard.

---------- Post added December-1st-2012 at 11:26 PM ----------

I got Trout winning 116-112

Edited by StillUnknown

IMO, Cotto should probably retire. At this point it's obvious he can't beat any of the top fighters.

---------- Post added December-1st-2012 at 11:36 PM ----------

He did after hugging his family.

He was about to leave when Gray stopped him.

Cotto's in a rough spot, not big enough to deal with real 154lb fighters, but can't make 147 without draining himself to the point that it drastically alters his fighting.

I don't think he should retire just yet, its not like he's Shane Mosley getting embarrassed in the ring. He's still competitive, just having a hard time putting it together for 12 rounds.

This is boxing though, it wouldn't really shock me if Cotto still got the Canelo fight in May.

Edited by StillUnknown

Cotto will probably fight Canelo because, like you said, thats how boxing works. Cotto is still a name, and its another one of those on Alvarez's notch.

Trout was VERY impressive tonight. I dont think Cotto is that old, and even if I disagree with the final card (the margin, not hte victor), Trout showed me a lot of tactical acumen in this fight. In fact, this fight was very enjoyable because of how tactical the fight was.

I would love to see Trout v. Canelo, but that wont happen.

Cotto is a great fighter but he needs too chill it's okay too fight a few fights where he is the heavy favorite. He's fought top notch competition fight after fight after suffering brutal loses. Mosley, Margo, PAC, Margo, Mayweather and now the champ at 154 Trout it seems too me that people is just cashing out on him. You cant keep talking loses then turn around and fight another monster nobody is looking out for the health of Cotto. Mosley was a brawl, Margo

Cheated and destroyed Cotto and almost ended his career, Pacquaio pretty much was finishing what Margo started beat down, You fight Margo again got a little confidence back then turn around and fight Mayweather which was a Brawl then you turn around and face a young champion which didn't end well.

My advice too Cotto, Don't let boxing destroy you, you have a wonderful family and still young your health is more important than anything.

I see this is a pity party for Cotto. IMO, Cotto was never a great fighter. He was good, but he is a nothch below Pac, May, Trinidad, Oscar and a young Mosley. And let's tell it like it is, it's was HIS decision to fight the best fighters and I applaud him for that. He's on record in saying he will follow the $. No one can never say that he isn't a fighting champion though. Now that I think of it, most Puerto Rican fighters are fighting champions.

With that being said, Cotto doesn't deserve to headline another PPV card. Canelo should call out Floyd or just fight Trout. We know he'll beat Cotto. Do we need to see that beatdown to prove it?

I see this is a pity party for Cotto. IMO, Cotto was never a great fighter. He was good, but he is a nothch below Pac, May, Trinidad, Oscar and a young Mosley. And let's tell it like it is, it's was HIS decision to fight the best fighters and I applaud him for that. He's on record in saying he will follow the $. No one can never say that he isn't a fighting champion though. Now that I think of it, most Puerto Rican fighters are fighting champions.

With that being said, Cotto doesn't deserve to headline another PPV card. Canelo should call out Floyd or just fight Trout. We know he'll beat Cotto. Do we need to see that beatdown to prove it?

Agree 100%. Cinnamon V Cotto would be non-competitive.

Agree 100%. Cinnamon V Cotto would be non-competitive.

Boxing promoters will not let a little thing like a decisive defeat stand in the way of a money fight.

Hatton just got knocked out in his comeback fight, Golden Boy still trying to match him against Malignaggi.

If Cotto wants the Canelo fight, he'll get it.